• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should a buyer be able to have books shipped where he wants?

173 posts in this topic

Seriously, what coin do you know of that weighs more than a slabbed comic?

Think before you post.

Both are under a pound, so it's a moot point anyway.

Where are you getting your comics slabbed?

I can ship two CGC comics to Canada using their four pounds or under package rate. You can't ship three comics using that rate, so I'd take that as a slabbed comic wieghs more than a pound.

If you have ever picked up a loaded CGC box with forty slabs in it, I think you'd agree it weighs more than forty pounds.

I've never actually weighed one , though, so you might be correct.

Never weighed one. It just feels under a pound to me, though I also may be incorrect. If it is over a pound it would have to be just barely.

Think before you post.

I can ship two CGC comics to Canada using their four pounds or under package rate. You can't ship three comics using that rate, so I'd take that as a slabbed comic wieghs more than a pound.

If you have ever picked up a loaded CGC box with forty slabs in it, I think you'd agree it weighs more than forty pounds.

Never weighed one. It just feels under a pound to me, though I also may be incorrect. If it is over a pound it would have to be just barely.

That is entirely too polite and thoughtful a response. Since you are new here, I'll give you a mulligan. Go back and edit it into something uninformed and mean spirited or you'll never be in with the in crowd. Try to avoid making any factual statements.

By the OP starting this thread he has cost of all of us $10.00 bucks each by reading this.

Ladies and gentlemen common sense has left the CGC Boards once again.........

Common sense is that gift payments expose sellers and buyers to risks. It wasn't until this was talked out by boardies that a decision was reached to not allow a sales thread to request gift payment.

Gift payments are still used, but for the benefit of buyers who may not be up to speed, gift payments should not be allowed to be used as a required payment method in any sales thread.

That's an example of common sense prevailing.

Sending an item to an unconfirmed address, or an address not associated to the name of the account holder exposes the seller, and if anything goes wrong, the seller is out the money (first thing PayPal asks is if the item was sent to a confirmed address) and isn't eligible for PayPal seller protection.

Seems to me that asking to have something sent to an uncomfirmed address is a sellers call, but at minimum, the buyer should ask if the seller does drop-shipping. If they don't, then they don't.

Making it seem the motivation to particpate on these boards strictly to knash your predatory teeth on the next victim, and sulking that people talking out the problems with drop shipping will rub out $10 of profits not only outdoes the crassness of this threads original inquiry, but takes abandonmemt of common sense to a whole new level.

Like the controversy over gift payments, I see it as an example of vaild discussion and participation well worth the time if it avoids at least one person from posting in comics general about how their books got lost by a 3rd-party, or during transit from a seller who shipped it directly to an auctioneer or consignor. 2c

You have to forgive SOT. He does a lot of drunken posting.

I am assuming he is not agreeing you your stance, but somehow thinks this thread is worth mentioning.

I still feel this is something a grown man doesn't need to start a thread about to come to the correct answer on his own.

I think it is completely bad form and distasteful to have the seller ship the book to an auction house.

I thought I was cheap. :eyeroll:

If the seller agreed to this before you closed the deal then of course the seller needs to make good, but unless I am mistaken it seems you changed the deal after the fact.

So why are you even asking this question?

I wanna interject into my bickering for a second to say a sincere and heartfelt thank you to both Paratrooper and USArmyParatrooper for the work that you do day in and day out.

I thank God everyday for brave people like yourselves because if I had to do your job, we would all be screwed!!!

Happy Fourth of July (worship)

First, Happy 4th of July to the two above members, and all the other members of the US Armed Forces who put themselves in harm's way each day, so we can "discuss" funny books! (thumbs u

Think before you post.

That is entirely too polite and thoughtful a response. Since you are new here, I'll give you a mulligan. Go back and edit it into something uninformed and mean spirited or you'll never be in with the in crowd. Try to avoid making any factual statements.

Actually, USArmyParatrooper is correct about CGC slabs. Most normal GA (64 pgs)slabs weigh a pound (with plastic sleeve). Atomic, SA, BA and newer weigh less than a pound. I suspect the only slabs that weight more than a pound are 64+ pg GA (like World's Finest) and Magazines.

For this discussion, we're talking about Avengers #99 and #100 (I believe WP 9.8s), so I suspect they are each under a pound.

When you add the box and packing material, then it'll be over a pound.

You are correct sir.

Normally my boxes with one CGC book and packing come to around 1 lb 8 ounces.

Box within a box type style brings it close to 2 lbs.

I'm curious. Can you fit three slabs into a Canadian four pound package? I tried and can't, but you have about 100X more experiance at it.

I wanna interject into my bickering for a second to say a sincere and heartfelt thank you to both Paratrooper and USArmyParatrooper for the work that you do day in and day out.

I thank God everyday for brave people like yourselves because if I had to do your job, we would all be screwed!!!

Happy Fourth of July (worship)

First, Happy 4th of July to the two above members, and all the other members of the US Armed Forces who put themselves in harm's way each day, so we can "discuss" funny books! (thumbs u

Yep. My sentiments exactly. (thumbs u That is all that is worth mentioning in regards to this thread. I can't believe this made it to 17 pages.