• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Simpsons Episode Ever?

67 posts in this topic

My vote goes to the Halloween episode where home "fixes" the toaster and it sends him back in time. He tries to avoid disrupting the prehistoric past but eventually manages to change the time line repeatedly! Even creating a reality where Flanders is the supreme ruler! thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif talk about one of the hardest choices to make. With so many great episodes, how do narrow it down to just one. Each of the TOH episodes is classic unto itself. The one where Homer goes into the 3-D world and falls through the black hole, landing in a dumpster in our world, has to be in the top 5. I can't do it, I just can't. 893whatthe.gif

I can't do it, I just can't.

FORCE YOURSELF D&MN IT!!!!! makepoint.gif

I can't do it, I just can't.
FORCE YOURSELF D&MN IT!!!!! makepoint.gif
Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh.....must.............choose............best..........episode...........must

sumo.gif

I don't watch the Simpsons. confused-smiley-013.gif

893whatthe.gifforeheadslap.gif

The episode that made me laugh the most was the one where Homer gained

all that weight so that he could work from home because he was "disabled".

I keep waiting for that one to be shown again on re-runs.

For sheer zaniness and a great laugh-per-minute ratio, I'll go with the Tomacco episode. It's got a great "challenge to a duel" opening, the hilarious tomacco middle story, and then Homer gets shot at the end.

What more can you ask?

For sheer zaniness and a great laugh-per-minute ratio, I'll go with the Tomacco episode. It's got a great "challenge to a duel" opening, the hilarious tomacco middle story, and then Homer gets shot at the end.

What more can you ask?

Too hard to pick just one, but I like Joe's pick here. When the animals break into the house b/c they are hooked on the tomacco is classic. 27_laughing.gif

Also, love the episode where the kids go into foster care at the Flanders house.

The episode that made me laugh the most was the one where Homer gained

all that weight so that he could work from home because he was "disabled".

I keep waiting for that one to be shown again on re-runs.

Agreed! acclaim.gif You beat me to the punch....

I also like the episode from last year where Homer moves out and lives with the 2 gay guys. Very funny. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

The episode, 893scratchchin-thumb.gifhmmmm......I can't decide 893frustrated.gif

I think the episode where homer works as the mayors bodyguard and finds out the mob is making the school kids rat milk is in the top five for me, and the episode where bart, milhouse and marin buy radioactive man #1 is up there aswell.

Another classic is when Ned's home is the only one in the neighborhood destroyed by a tornado...

Marge tells Ned's wife Maud not too worry because insurance will cover it. Maud replies, "We don't have any insurance.... Ned believes that it is a form of gambling."

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.giflaugh.gif

Ned loses faith and is soon committed to an asylum. 27_laughing.gif

2 more good ones on in my area today:

-Simpsons go to Brazil - one of the more offensive episodes. Really funny stuff. I love Homer's "Try and Stop Us" T-Shirt featuring Uncle Sam looming over the earth menacingly. And Homer gets a case of Stockholm syndrome after his kidnapping.

Homer: And here's the cigarette you burned me with.

Kidnapper #1: Ahh...you slept like a baby that night.

-Simpsons go to Itchy and Scratchy Land - one of the earliest (possibly 1st?) appearance of Cletus (the Slack-Jawed yokel), "Hey Maw! Ima get a pitchure of this crazy critter..."

Too many to pick just one. Or even ten!