• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How is this a 9.2?

65 posts in this topic

Batman 227 is not a hard book to find.

It isn't hard to find a copy, that's true, but graded copies in 9.0 and above are not that common (71 in total between CGC 9.0 and CGC 9.8) in comparison to, say, #232 (292 in total between CGC 9.0 and CGC 9.8), or #251 (153 between CGC 9.0 and CGC 9.8).

I couldn't be arsed to look at any more books, but I've always found the relatively low census numbers on this book in the NM range interesting.

The books I focus on are ones with Adams interior art.

Buying a book just for an Adams cover isn't a major priority for me at present, although I'm sure I will get a 227 eventually.

I like the white pages. I got a response from them. They didn't quote an actual price, but hinted at $700 being the going rate for one in this grade and was willing to field offers. Thinking about it, but I'm not sure I can raise the funds quickly enough for it.

The last sale on GPA of a 9.2 was $457 in 2010...

The last sale of a 9.4 was $1,100 in June 2011...

Last sale of an 8.5 was $350 in May 2011....

I think asking $700 is a bit high but I could be wrong.

i paid $575 for my 227 here from FK. GPA is not the end all

What grade was it?