• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ending tonight Original covers,splashs,pin-ups & more

6 posts in this topic

I was told recently it's Chris Warner (Batman #408...Batman/Predator...Predator)

and that it was a pin-up,but he didn't say where.

It could be Chris Warner & it could be in one of the Batman/Predator books - but it is not issue 408. Just looked. Issue 408 is where Jason Todd is stealing the tires off the Batmobile. No pinups in that issue.

Batman in 1986 was drawn with the yellow logo around the bat symbol on his chest. This does not have that.

I've looked at art signed art by Chris Warner (comicsartfans website) and I think it is his signature. I doubt this is a cover. I searched Chris Warner as both a penciler and inker on the Grand Comics database. and nothing like this came up cover wise. As far as it being a pin up in the Batman/Predator series, it's worth noting that those books were published in 1991 so it's five years after the copywrite on the back. I still think the lack of yellow behind the bat symbol on his chest is a clue - if this was published in the mid to late 80's it was likely something outside the mainstream

Hey Tony...on the back of the art is a DC comics stamp and it's dated 1986. Some guy emailed me through Ebay and told me it was by Martin and that it was a pin-up. I asked him a pin-up where,and he said he didn't know. I don't know if he really does know,or why he would say it was a pin-up without proof of it.So I really don't know where it's from. I bought it maybe 5-6 years ago somewhere,and I know at the time,the person I got it from didn't know what it went to either. Thanks for doing some legwork trying to figure it out! Joey