• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scheduled for Grading! posted by duckduckmike

53 posts in this topic

My April books are finally scheduled for grading! The light IS at the end of the tunnel!

I dropped off a bundle of 30 X-Men comics for grading at the Pittsburgh Comicon (great fun con, btw, if you ever get to go) and the invoice dated 4/20 is now in SCHEDULED status! I missed these books. I can't wait to see how they do, and update my sets.

I hope this adds some hope for those who (like me) have been waiting a long time due to the recent backlog. I have another bundle of books from Philly Wizard World that I dropped off and at this rate I'm going to predict they come back on Labor Day weekend!

(Hey, I might as well have some fun and make a game/pool out of it... my over/under is +/- 2 days from Sept 5th...)

See more journals by duckduckmike

Hold the phone mike! My 30 value 4/20/11 just got graded today! yahoo! So stay in tune. On another note my 4/4/11 graded on 6/20/11 shipped on 6/30/11 still hasn't arrived yet! It takes two days from my P.O.to marked received. But I think it's sent by wagon train from east to west. Out of my hands 97 DAYS and counting! Will my 4/20/11 be in my hands for comic-con? The numbers might just favor a yes. But again no breath holding. Mcfly

Hold the phone mike! My 30 value 4/20/11 just got graded today! yahoo! So stay in tune. On another note my 4/4/11 graded on 6/20/11 shipped on 6/30/11 still hasn't arrived yet! It takes two days from my P.O.to marked received. But I think it's sent by wagon train from east to west. Out of my hands 97 DAYS and counting! Will my 4/20/11 be in my hands for comic-con? The numbers might just favor a yes. But again no breath holding. Mcfly

WagonTrain1862.jpg

Indeed.

That's the most annoying thing for me with CGC...NO accountability.

The prices keep rising, but you have no guarantee that your book will get graded in the time frame "promised". It's b.s. You call and all you get is the standard answer. "Things are backed up"..yes, duh, I already know that, WHEN will my books be done. "Oh next week"...I was told this 3 weeks in a row before. :)

The prices keep rising, but you have no guarantee that your book will get graded in the time frame "promised". It's b.s. You call and all you get is the standard answer. "Things are backed up"..yes, duh, I already know that, WHEN will my books be done. "Oh next week"...I was told this 3 weeks in a row before. :)

I don't like your attitude.

I think what you mean is the prices ROSE. They only did it once. It's hardly a 'keep rising' kind of thing.

As far as time frame, it's all there on their web page. If you don't want it to take months, don't be a cheapskate.

alot of harsh words from the over-bloggers. You have every right to complain, when you get an estimate in any other field that's the price you pay, the estimated price. 40 days should not stretch over 60 days. The only thing the CGC has not increased since they started is the 40 day estimate . My 4/4/11 30 book value submission just arrived today. That's 62 business days and 98 days out of my hands and fully paid for since day 2! This would be a non-issue if they would revise their estimate. Getting the suck-ups to be realistic wouldn't hurt either. How long is "convention season" last time I checked seasons last three months not most of the year. My 4/20/11 is on business day 56 so at the rate it won't make Comic-Con. My 5/27/11, Labor Day! Not holding my breath. Yes I will put my money where my mouth is! Since I have unlimited time,money and comics I plan on submitting 30 value comics every 5-6 weeks from now until this time next year just to see what's what! I invite anyone to share there past submission experiences to see exactly how on time "the company" has been and when! AK keep on punchin' I will keep you posted-bet on it! Mcfly

My first time submissions, using the 20-day express coupon, will be do on the 18th of June.

Their still being verified...so we'll see what happens.

mm

It takes about an hour and a half to box up 30 and drop them at the P.O. costs about 700,less than two days pay. End to end over ten miles,even after a dozen years in sell mode. My last puchase of 20,000,pre 90's, still isn't competely sorted and this old lady with two boxes of atomic age comics is still nagging me to come and look at her books! I give comics away on Halloween instead of candy.

I have had a book with the status of scheduled for grading for three weeks now. :(

Chances are they have been graded but not shipped yet. Though grades are not final until shipped, CGC will tell you the grades if you call.