• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scheduled for Grading! posted by duckduckmike

53 posts in this topic

Not complaining...just anxious to see how my first submissions, DETECTIVE #108 and

ALL-AMERICAN #100 will grade. Bought them new in '46 & '48 and wanted to "test the waters"

having them graded before I shoot off the really good ones for grading.

mm

Not complaining...just anxious to see how my first submissions, DETECTIVE #108 and

ALL-AMERICAN #100 will grade. Bought them new in '46 & '48 and wanted to "test the waters"

having them graded before I shoot off the really good ones for grading.

mm

Wow - post pics when you get them back.

There is always that other grading company you can send your comics and I bet they will come faster and less expensive. Although, you probably won't have the same comics in the slabs that you sent in...but who cares about that?

In all seriousness, while Mcfly has a point about GCG being behind their expected wait times...they do have a disclaimer that says "TURN AROUND TIMES ARE ESTIMATES ONLY AND BEGIN THE DAY CGC RECEIVES YOUR COMICS"

They cover themselves in times of backlog and there really isn't much you can say beyond being polite and waiting some more.

If you really want or need your comics faster, since you have unlimited money... pay for the Standard or Express tiers.

Personally, I think if I send my comics in for a 15 day turnaround, (and PAY for a 15 day turnaround) and I don't get them back until a 20 day or 40 day turnaround, I should get charged the cheaper rate. There should be some kind of accountability.

Of course, that's only MY lowly opinion. :)

Personally, I think if I send my comics in for a 15 day turnaround, (and PAY for a 15 day turnaround) and I don't get them back until a 20 day or 40 day turnaround, I should get charged the cheaper rate. There should be some kind of accountability.

Are you currently waiting on books subbed under the Standard tier (the only tier with a 15 day turnaround time)?

Are you currently waiting on books subbed under the Standard tier (the only tier with a 15 day turnaround time)?

Yup :)

Finally got my grade after 3 weeks and 2 days of being in "scheduled for grading" status.

Tick 1 Special Edition (1988). Had no idea what it would get but was hoping for at least a 9.2. It got a 9.6!

Now I am sad it didn't get the 9.8. :)

Finally got my grade after 3 weeks and 2 days of being in "scheduled for grading" status.

Tick 1 Special Edition (1988). Had no idea what it would get but was hoping for at least a 9.2. It got a 9.6!

Now I am sad it didn't get the 9.8. :)

You always want it to be just a little bit better! We all do. :acclaim:

Hello again,

it's mister awesome,no really he use to come into the store all the time. Anyway I have more actual numbers on 30 book value submission turn around time. My 4/4/11 received, graded on 6/20/11, shipped on 6/30/11, received it on 7/8/11 That's in their hands 62 business days, out of my hands 98 days total. My 4/20/11 received, graded on 7/7/11 shipped on 7/12/11, received it on 7/18/11 That's in their hands 58 business days, out of my hands 93 days total. I figure the 5 less days between grading and shipping was a before comic-con push or just tired of my complaints, they do read this stuff? I have a 5/27/11 received, submitted but with the con my best guess is Labor day, 9/5/11! A 3 coupon order 4/1/11 took about 26 business day,graded on day 20,(they must have a red flag system) a 3 magazine order, also 4/1/11 took over 30 days, 5 days over estimate. To keep up with my every 5-6 week plan I just sent in 30 on 7/18/11 It should arrive today 7/20/11 just before Comic-con. Probably their most hectic time of the year. If they would just change their advertised estimate to over 50 days I would leave it alone! Another major rip-off is charging me $74.80 for a package that actually only cost $16.05 to ship Mcfy

Another major rip-off is charging me $74.80 for a package that actually only cost $16.05 to ship Mcfy

The postage label on a CGC package doesn't include the registered mail fee or the insurance cost - which, for a high value submission, is pretty substantial. You can't even send a single CGC book registered and insured priority mail for $16.05 :gossip:

Thanks, that's what I thought to begin with, but the postman told me different. It's funny it only cost me $24.80 for 30 books with the coverage you mention,yes there 30 pounds lighter,but I'm sending it priority the company sends it 5-10 days regular! I talked to someone about why the different prices on different valued books.My response was market value prices set the insurance cost. That's why a very high dollar book can cost $1500.00 Funny thing is the first books I submitted 7 years ago still haven't reached the value the company placed on them. I'm talking the first 4 Avengers, 7 years later, movie hype and all! It just all seems fishy and I'm not really all that suspicious. Thanks for your reply on the shipping how about some response on your turn around times? Anybody? Mcfly

ouch! 7 days I thought 5 was a long time. I really am not in a great hurry and the bulk of what I send is mid-grade silver age stuff. I just got back a package of 14 modern age books 5/27/11 received,shipped on 7/13/11 took 5 days, PRIORITY. That's 33 business days. What's that 8 over the estimate. I can live with that for this time of year. You still haven't told me about your turn around days? My big plan is to send 30 every month and a half just to see if 40 days ever happens. What the heck,I got time.Thanks.....................Mcfly

My latest batch of moderns were received on 05/18 and shipped out on 07/08 - so about 3 weeks behind schedule. It's really not that big of a deal to me - it's like this every year, so if I need the books back quickly I either fast-track or on-site them.

Yep, I talked to CGC this morning and they said that Economy subs from the end of April are just getting graded now. They are 2-3 weeks behind schedule. And with SD this weekend the graders are about to get swamped! Anything going in now will probably be back about Thanksgiving...