• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

market for office xerox art pages?

7 posts in this topic

While going thru some boxes,I stumbled across what I first thought were pages of original art.Closer examination showed them to be office xerox copies,or at least thats what is indicated by the check mark in the stamp on the top of the pages. They are Perez art from MTU 65. Any idea what the market is for these? Thanks.

I have never noticed anyone selling these and ,frankly, have no idea where I got them.

While going thru some boxes,I stumbled across what I first thought were pages of original art.Closer examination showed them to be office xerox copies,or at least thats what is indicated by the check mark in the stamp on the top of the pages. They are Perez art from MTU 65. Any idea what the market is for these? Thanks.

I have never noticed anyone selling these and ,frankly, have no idea where I got them.

Hey shadroch

I believe what you are describing in your post is a stat sheet. They can be found on eBay quite regularly, and I have yet to see one top a $10 premium.

I personally think they are cool to hang on to, because they can be framed, and look about as nice as an original art piece.

The last time I came across them was at a lcs, which had a stack of stats from a Canadian publiisher called Superior Comics. They were nice, but the guy wanted too much money for them, so I passed on them. A week later, I stopped-by and he sold all of them in one shot to a Superior Comics collector, so I have to believe there is a market for them, depending on the page, title/issue and/or artists.

If you have a chance, post a scan/photo thumbsup2.gif

These are stat sheets and are at the lowest level in the totem pole of production art. They are used to check the black and white art in production prior to undertaking the colouring process.

There could be multiple stat sheets for an individual book and that is why they lack support.

Is there a difference between an original stat sheet and a photocopy I can run off at my office now? Is there some sort of stamp on the back or other identifying features?

Thanks,

DAM

Generally the only thing that makes these collectable is that as they are done immediately after pencilling and inking and are used to ensure that no changes to the original art needs to occur and as they normally don't have comic code, date, logo boxes etc and sometimes they might differ to the end produced cover.

1970s (slightly glossy) stat sheets are the same size as orig. comic art 11 x 17 inches on average. Romita ASM #100 cover b/w stat sold for about $275 (uncolored) on eBay a couple of years ago. 60s Marvel interior stats sell for about $24.95 on eBay.

Is there a difference between an original stat sheet and a photocopy I can run off at my office now? Is there some sort of stamp on the back or other identifying features?

Thanks,

DAM

There is an inter-office stamp at the top of the sheets and one of them has a stamp on the back. I suppose if you had the same stock of paper you could make some pretty good copies.If matted and framed,it would fool most casual fans.May frame one of them and hang it in my den.It makes a nice display.