• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

20 posts in this topic

I recently upgraded a few issues so its time to get rid of some undercopies. I'd rather sell them as lots but if there are no takers, ill consider breaking them up and selling individually.

The X-men slabs are old labels that ive had for about 10 years so i dont think they were pressed. The avengers were bought from eBay and Clink so i dont know if they were pressed or not (shrug)

All the usual rules apply, no probies, payment as PP, check, mo, blah,blah,blah.

Prices include shipping within the US, if you're outside the US, PM me and we'll work something out.

1st :takeit: in the thread wins out over PM's or negotiations (thumbs u

Lot #1

Avengers 36 9.2w

Avengers 87 8.5w

$150 shipped priority anywhere in the US

The line at the top of the #36 is from the scanner and not on the book.

avengers36.jpg

avengers87.jpg

I doubt it.

You can count the number of DC slabs i have on both hands. Unless you want a starspangled war stories 150 9.2 or 9.2 Swamp Thing 5,6, or 7 i dont think i can help you out. Those are about the only ones i have off the top of my head that i would sell.

:bump:

Ok, ive had a few pms to break them up but id really rather sell them as groups. Before i break them up individually, lets try 10% off both lots and that includes FREE shipping! (thumbs u

Ok, one last shot at these lots.

I'll go 15% off. With the free shipping, that's already less than I paid so I wont go any lower.

Oh and I forgot to mention but as anyone who's ever bought from me knows, i always throw in a cool freebie with any purchase. I'll leave it up until tonight.

Ok, last chance people for the 1 Avengers books! With the 15% discount and free shipping, you're basically getting the 87 for FREE!

I'll leave it up for another hour or so and then they're going to become a B-day for my soon to be 7 year old and going on his wall.

Last chance :preach:

Ok, last chance people for the 1 Avengers books! With the 15% discount and free shipping, you're basically getting the 87 for FREE!

I'll leave it up for another hour or so and then they're going to become a B-day for my soon to be 7 year old and going on his wall.

Buy the book or I give it to my son.

Brillant marketing strategy. Simply brilliant.

What the hell is this all about?

He can do what ever he likes with his books and try to sell them however he wants and shouldn't be open to sarcasm in his own thread.

No worries. Just shaddy weak little attempt to get back at me for numerous mocking about him:

1)cracking slabs and selling at a higher grade without disclosing

2) "asking" members advice about a large HG collection wether he should spend an extra hundred dollars when it was really just a thinly veiled sales thread

AND

3) wether he should rub a sellers nose in a sale that he needed time payments to complete and now wants them to ship directly to comiclink for him.

Hopefully he can give me enough good selling advice so that after 40 years in the biz, i'll still not have enough money to buy a small book without needing time payments lol

He's a clown (thumbs u

No worries. Just shaddy weak little attempt to get back at me for numerous mocking about him:

2) "asking" members advice about a large HG collection wether he should spend an extra hundred dollars when it was really just a thinly veiled sales thread

AND

3) wether he should rub a sellers nose in a sale that he needed time payments to complete and now wants them to ship directly to comiclink for him.

Hopefully he can give me enough good selling advice so that after 40 years in the biz, i'll still not have enough money to buy a small book without needing time payments lol

He's a clown (thumbs u

hm

AND

He's a clown (thumbs u

:signfunny:

What the hell is this all about?

He can do what ever he likes with his books and try to sell them however he wants and shouldn't be open to sarcasm in his own thread.

I waited until the thread was closed. Its just a unique selling method. We've had people say buy this book or i'll burn it, buy this book or i'll shoot a kitten. I've never seen anyone say man up and buy this book or I'll have to give it away to my kid.

Reminds me of the Cardinals threatening to torture someone with the comfy chair.

I honestly didn't even realize this is the same guy with the serious reading comprehension problems from the other threads. Just saw Avengers in the title and scrolled down to the end..

Yeah, ok shadyroch (thumbs u

I guess a better method would have been to crack them and sell them a grade higher without mentioning it was slabbed but unlike you I have ethics and morals :baiting:

Pray tell, what reading comprehension problem do I have??? You've flat out admitted you crack slabs and sell them at a higher grade without mentioning that they were previously slabbed to the buyer. I "comprehended" your lame validation that you do it because you are a better grader than CGC but just chose to ignore it since EVERY person on the planet knows the real reason is just to rake more moolah from unsuspecting buyers (tsk)

Regardless, the Avengers 36 sold as well so I guess my devilish little plan according to you worked :insane:

I suppose if you repeat a lie often enough, you just might find someone who will believe it.

I imagine you are talking about the slabbed Cap that was given a PLOD because someone had cut open the siamese pages. I deslabbed it, offered it for sale with full disclosure of its past, new owner trimmed the excess paper and the book came back in a blue label. You brought it up then, and were told by Moondog, perhaps the most respected poster on the boards that it was quite kosher.

How sinister of me.

You again brought up the time payments, after it was explained that it was done, not for my benefit, but for the sellers. Again, he saved some $60 by our arraingment, I saved not one cent.