• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Name of Comic Missing From Front Cover

10 posts in this topic

During the early 50's, being interested in just the story and art, not the collectibility of the comic,

I was able to buy from a corner store, comics for 5 cents that had the top third missing.

Later I learned what the store owner was doing, but to me it was a great way to get great books

for half the price.

As I kept them along with my other books from the 40's & 50's, I was wondering if they had any

real value to any collector?

I have a "Mystery In Space #1", "Danger Trail #1" "Weird Fantasy #14 and a whole bunch of

early EC's" along with "Detective #168 (Joker origin) and others.

Let me know if anyone has found interest in these type of comics.

I just received a box of these from a forumite who was selling them last week. The box included some pre-100 spideys and FFs, early Conans,a great assortment of Marvels in the 15 cent- 25 cent era. Mostly in VF shape, except for the titles being stripped. What would easily sell for a few hundred bucks became $20 worth of reading books due to having the titles stripped.

He was selling his for 25 cents a book, shipped.

I just received a box of these from a forumite who was selling them last week. The box included some pre-100 spideys and FFs, early Conans,a great assortment of Marvels in the 15 cent- 25 cent era. Mostly in VF shape, except for the titles being stripped. What would easily sell for a few hundred bucks became $20 worth of reading books due to having the titles stripped.

He was selling his for 25 cents a book, shipped.

Don't confuse the issue! He has early 50's stuff.

With open no-reserve auctions on eBay, I think the results would be very, very surprising. There is demand for inexpensive 50's books.

And yes, the keys are still worth money.

Kodrich's drug store in Lisbon Ohio, late '50's early '60's.

Ms. Nancy was good enough to put them in a paper sack and save them

for me. I'd sneak out of church after lighting the alter candles but

before I was old enough to ring the bell, and run down the block during

Sunday services to pick up the latest and greatest.....

Kodrich's drug store in Lisbon Ohio, late '50's early '60's.

Ms. Nancy was good enough to put them in a paper sack and save them

for me. I'd sneak out of church after lighting the alter candles but

before I was old enough to ring the bell, and run down the block during

Sunday services to pick up the latest and greatest.....

Did she sell them to you? If she did, I hope she went to confession afterwards. :devil:

While going through my box of coverless comics I found a MORE FUN #101 with The Green

Arrow...Aquaman...Johnny Quick...The Spectre...& The FIRST SUPERBOY.

Guess I bought it in '45...but I forgot I had it.

mm

While going through my box of coverless comics I found a MORE FUN #101 with The Green

mm

:o

mm

...Yeah they are totally worthless without the title,...but I am willing to give you 25 cents each for them if you pay the shipping overnight to me,...

mm

...Yeah they are totally worthless without the title,...but I am willing to give you 25 cents each for them if you pay the shipping overnight to me,...

Don't listen to him, those books can go for 50 cents each easy. :hi: