• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What annoys you about some Ebay auctions?

31 posts in this topic

cheap cheesy looking white pedestals with comic books on top really pizz me off.

Are you talking about that one guy who always has dozens of comics up with BIN prices of 10 x Fair Market Value?

I actually emailed that guy about his WD 19, that they're asking $800 for :o he proceeded to tell me how the online price guide showed the book was worth x amount and since it was a 9.8 he multiplied that by x amount. I tried to tell them that typical selling price on the book is around 100-125, when you auction it, but instead of telling him he was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, I wished him luck :roflmao:

check this one out. See if you can understand what he did. This was too a Football card I was bidding on. Notice the Times:

Retracted: US $150.00

Explanation: Entered wrong amount

Bid: Feb-24-11 05:16:45 PST

Retracted: Feb-24-11 05:17:14 PST

Retracted: US $127.99

Bid: Feb-24-11 05:17:40 PST

Retracted: Feb-24-11 05:18:13 PST

Retracted: US $126.99

Bid: Feb-24-11 05:18:26 PST

Retracted: Feb-24-11 05:18:47 PST

Bid: US $125.00

Feb-24-11 05:19:09 PST

30-Day SummaryTotal bids: 179

Items bid on: 82

Bid activity (%) with this seller: 64%

Bid retractions: 10

Bid retractions (6 months): 37

I'm an ebay oldbie. So after not buying anything for over a year, I won three auctions this week. So far, no communication from the sellers and no invoices from the sellers. I went ahead and paid for one with the international rate for shipping they quoted and tax they shouldn't have charged, after giving up waiting for them to send me the real invoice. The other two, I'm requesting invoices as their shipping prices are again, international rates (their description says a smaller amount for Canada).

check this one out. See if you can understand what he did. This was too a Football card I was bidding on. Notice the Times:

Retracted: US $150.00

Bid: Feb-24-11 05:16:45 PST

Retracted: Feb-24-11 05:17:14 PST

Retracted: US $127.99

Bid: Feb-24-11 05:17:40 PST

Retracted: Feb-24-11 05:18:13 PST

Retracted: US $126.99

Bid: Feb-24-11 05:18:26 PST

Retracted: Feb-24-11 05:18:47 PST

Bid: US $125.00

Feb-24-11 05:19:09 PST

30-Day SummaryTotal bids: 179

Items bid on: 82

Bid activity (%) with this seller: 64%

Bid retractions: 10

Bid retractions (6 months): 37

Shill bidding, but worse.,Fishing around for the max bid price.

"I'm not a professional grader." and "I do not grade, please look at the photos."

Both usually followed by, "No returns accepted."

I started off using that on my auctions lol

Ones I hate have already been mentioned, "CGC IT" being the most annoying.

I saw one the other day, "Batman #608 CGC NEAL ADAMS".... exactly what has Neal Adams go to do with Batman #608??

"I'm not a professional grader." and "I do not grade, please look at the photos."

Both usually followed by, "No returns accepted."

I started off using that on my auctions lol

Ones I hate have already been mentioned, "CGC IT" being the most annoying.

I saw one the other day, "Batman #608 CGC NEAL ADAMS".... exactly what has Neal Adams go to do with Batman #608??

I suspect "CGC it" is their way of getting CGC in the title so it comes up on word searches. You'll see this a lot with PGX slabbed comics; for example, "PGX like CGC 8.0"

They just want the words CGC to come up when people use it to filter their searches. Annoying? Absolutely. If it's so God dammed CGC worthy why don't you CGC it?

Damaging comics while showing off how pristine they are...

"This comic is in mint condition...watch while I fold back the cover and scan the splash page! See...mint!"

doh!:makepoint::screwy::pullhair:

I hate when they throw the word "MOVIE" into the auction title, as if yet another upcoming super hero movie will affect back issue prices.

And I really hate comics listed under Silver Age that are way more recent. Please sellers, take the time and categorize your comics correctly!

I have no use for "Buy it Now", and will only look at actual auctions.

But despite all the hate on these boards for eBay, it has done wonders to grow my collection of silver and bronze comics. I recently scored a Hulk 141 in CGC 8.5 for $60 plus $20 shipping. VF/NM copies of Nick Fury #2, Thor #160, and Spider-Man #90 are all in the mail, at prices usually 20 - 50 % off guide.