• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VERY IMPORTANT EARTH SHATTERING QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!

4 posts in this topic

Ok I know comics come out on Wednesdays.

But everytime I go into this one store that is pretty far from my house they have wednesdays books out on Tuesday.

Is the interrior of this store an extra dimensional passage way to one day into the future?

LightHouse you own a comicbook store......do your diamond shipments come on Wednesdays? Or do they come to you on Tuesdays and you just aren't aloud to put them out till Wednesday.

I wish this store was closer to my house cause it would be so cool to get my comics a day early every week.

What a store.....they even bag and board all thier new comics!!!!

STUPID GAS PRICES!!!!

Certain retailers because they are big account or if they have multiple stores in an area get their books the day before so that they can put them out in time for Wednesday. That store you are talking about selling comics before their release date...please let us know who they are devil.gif

Diamond does permit large accounts to receive their books a day early to give them time to process them before Wednesday.

If a store is found to be violating the street date, they not only risk losing the privilege of receiving their books a day early, they risk losing their Diamond account altogether.

If the store has indy books earlier, it may just be that they are buying direct and the street date isn't an issue. But if they have Marvel, DC, Dark Horse or Image out on Tuesdays they are violating the most sacred trust retailers have. I would leave 10 pounds of dead fish under a competitor's back issue tables before I would break a street date. There are some lines you just don't cross.

They are nothing but scum....scum I tell you!!!!

They are a very small store. A mom and pop store that sells all sorts of vintage collectables, and have a bunch of 50 cent bins.

They have a very limited amount of new issues they put up, but all the issues that were new that were out early were both DCs and Marvels. I bought the new Robin and Batman Gotham Knights on Tuesday but saw all sorts of stuff that wouldn't be out till the next day. Like Superman/Batman and Dardevil and etc etc etc.....

Maybe...they don't know the rules?

lol.

Or maybe the inside of the store really is a dimensional vortex to one day into the future.