• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst Comic Book Movies Ever

191 posts in this topic

I've been at work this morning since 7 AM and have been overseeing a dental seminar in my branch. Since I finished all of my paperwork and sorted through 400 unread e-mails, I thought about some of the worst comic book films I have ever seen.

My wife would tell you every comic book movie she has seen is terrible, and I have to agree with her on a few. But I have mulled this over a few hours and here is a list of some of the worst of the worst:

Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze This craptastic film from 1975 starred the "amazing" Ron Ely. It sucked hard but at least it had Pamela Hensley in it, who played Princess Ardala in Buck Rogers. So it had that going for it, which is good.

Captain America Just three words will say how bad this is: Italian Red Skull! A local theater here in Las Vegas had a showing of this 1990 film over the 4th of July this year and gave away free tickets. I heard no one showed up.

The Fantastic Four All of them. The Roger Corman produced version is the worst but they all suck, if you think about it.

Batman and Robin Nipples on the batsuit. Really? Really?

The Spirit Waited for this to come out on DVD and honestly would like the time I wasted watching it back. I feel stupider for watching it.

Ghost Rider I hate Nicholas Cage so really is there anything else to state about it. At least it had Sam Elliot in it.

The Punisher All terrible but the 1989 version with Dolph Lundgren is brutal. Bruuuuutal!

There are so many more to mention, but these are some of the worst. Any that I missed?

The movie was that bad, the nipples on the suit were probably the best thing about it.

Captain America Just three words will say how bad this is: Italian Red Skull! A local theater here in Las Vegas had a showing of this 1990 film over the 4th of July this year and gave away free tickets. I heard no one showed up.

I am glad that I missed out on those free tickets. That movie had to be the worst of all.

The movie was that bad, the nipples on the suit were probably the best thing about it.

Are you sure that you aren't really Joel Schumacher posing as a comic book fan?

If I had Joel Schumacher's money, I wouldn't be slumming it around here.

If I had Joel Schumacher's money, I wouldn't be slumming it around here.

^^

Oh yes you would lol

The funny thing is the first FF movie not the big ones that more recently came out but the shelved one from the 90's..the writer was from Florida and came into our shop and bought thousands of dollars worth of comics..he wanted every FF book and read them asking questions etc all about making the movie "authentic to the original comics" and then they shelved it because it was so sucktastic..and it really truly sucks

But I think it comes down to some dude in Hollywood who says "Hmmm Gwen Stacy welllll she isn't THAT big a part of Spiderman's history we can change that" or "Hmmm lets see the fans who read comic books would notice if we changed the continuity here but lets face it our target audience is NOT fanboys so we can change this and this"

and then the movie doesn't work or sucks..

Superman IV. III was merely mediocre; IV was a disaster. The budget was slashed just as the film entered production, and it shows.

Superman IV. III was merely mediocre; IV was a disaster. The budget was slashed just as the film entered production, and it shows.
I just tried to watch Supes IV: The Quest for Peace last weekend with Supergirl too. Key word: tried. The deleted scene with Superman fighting a kind of Bizarro Superman with Keystone cop music was wisely deleted, imho. You just know, when they yelled "CUT!", Gene Hackman went off to his trailer to count his paycheck. lol

I just tried to watch Supes IV: The Quest for Peace last weekend with Supergirl too. Key word: tried. The deleted scene with Superman fighting a kind of Bizarro Superman with Keystone cop music was wisely deleted, imho. You just know, when they yelled "CUT!", Gene Hackman went off to his trailer to count his paycheck. lol

I thought that the guy who played Nuclear Man deserved an Academy Award. ;)