• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst Comic Book Movies Ever

191 posts in this topic

Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze This craptastic film from 1975 starred the "amazing" Ron Ely. It sucked hard but at least it had Pamela Hensley in it, who played Princess Ardala in Buck Rogers. So it had that going for it, which is good.

This is one of those movies that I saw as a very young child & never again.

It holds a certain kind of magic in my memory.

Is it really that bad?

I should make an effort to see it. hm

My gosh man, those were my exact thoughts as I read the original post. I vaguely remember some scenes from the movie and thought it was cool. I was 10 at the time and Capt. Kangaroo ruled the world, so maybe an adult perspective would help...

I actually liked The Shadow with Alec Baldwin.

No ones mentioned the Flash movies, especially with Mark Hamill as The Trickster.... its 80s & corny but as a kid, it had its magic. Around the same time as Captain America and The Punisher.

The problem with the Jane Punisher was the storyline, the lack of action and John Travolta. Jane made a very good Punisher, much better then the guy in Warzone. Punisher failed with the stupid plot of getting Travolta to kill everyone attached to him, instead of just making it a very well done revenge movie.

People are quoting Transformers so I'm going to throw another into the hat, He-Man starring Dolph Lundgren!

I nominate the new Green Lantern movie. Just awful!

Really? I thought it was the best DC movie since Batman Begins. I enjoyed it immensely.

I had no idea The Flash was ever a television show!

John Wesley Shipp makes some convention appearances.

Although, The Flash seemed to cast soap actors, The hero and villian in the pilot to name a couple, I thought it mixed great special effects(for the time), an awesome score and a decent lead that really knew how to play off the constant hero cliches of damsels in distress to last minute saves. I was a disappointed 16 year old when they cancelled it. Amanda Pays was starting to grow on me too. :(

The closet show I have seen mix all of these elements just as well was The Human Target. Cancelled too. :(

Really? I thought it was the best DC movie since Batman Begins. I enjoyed it immensely.

You thought GL was better than Dark Knight?

Maybe he meant "DC Origin Movie"?

Just because Monte Carlo will probably make a better profit, doesn't mean Green Lantern is a bad movie. Does it? hm

I actually enjoyed watching GL. I thought it was a good fun movie. I don't think I enjoyed hardly any of DK except for the scene where Morgan Freeman talked that guy out of blackmailing Batman. I know lots of people that think the same of DK. They'd say it was a 'good' movie, but they didn't really like it.

Truthfully, outside of the forums, I only know a handful of people that actually liked Dark Knight.

My opinion, for what it's worth, I'd place DK somewhere between Catwoman and Daredevil.

I actually enjoyed watching GL. I thought it was a good fun movie. I don't think I enjoyed hardly any of DK except for the scene where Morgan Freeman talked that guy out of blackmailing Batman. I know lots of people that think the same of DK. They'd say it was a 'good' movie, but they didn't really like it.

Truthfully, outside of the forums, I only know a handful of people that actually liked Dark Knight.

My opinion, for what it's worth, I'd place DK somewhere between Catwoman and Daredevil.

Yikes. Ledger's performance alone should keep it out of that territory.

I too enjoyed watching Green Lantern :)

It shouldn't be on the same list with Batman & Robin and Catwoman b/c it was WAY better than those movies :sumo: