• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another fun SS question...

10 posts in this topic

Say, for example, you have a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #284 or whatever that has a letter from George Perez (just an example). Perez had nothing to do with the book whatsoever, he just had a letter published. Would you have him sign it for SS? Why or why not?

Similarly, if a boardie were to have had a letter published in a comic, would you be allowed by CGC/would you have it signed by them at a con for a SS witness?

I have no opinion in this yet, so... Discuss. :popcorn:

Similarly, if a boardie were to have had a letter published in a comic, would you be allowed by CGC/would you have it signed by them at a con for a SS witness?

I do not understand this part.

Say, for example, you have a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #284 or whatever that has a letter from George Perez (just an example). Perez had nothing to do with the book whatsoever, he just had a letter published. Would you have him sign it for SS? Why or why not?

A lot of creators might have a negative opinion of signing books that they are not directly connected to. I have heard some say as much. In 'most' cases, and I am still a noob but I think that unless they are in the credits they might not want to sign it.

I am sure this depends upon the artist in question.

I do not understand this part.

Sorry, I should have worded this better.

1. Would it be allowed by CGC?

2. Would you want to do it?

Pretty sure anyone can be CGC witnessed... not sure about the second part.

What kind of letter? And what book?

Generally would support a boardie though that part I like.

My understanding is that the signer has to have something to do with the book in question with the exception of the sketch covers. With that said, it seems that I have seen folks on here seek signatures from letter writers that went on to become recognized comics pros.

I really wanted to get the crew from my LCS to sign their Godzilla cover in KC so I could get it CGC SS'd. I thought it would be fun even if there was no real value to it.

So in a nutshell, I believe it's possible.

No I wouldn't do it. I prefer a more direct connection.

Sure why not ... IMO it does not matter who signs it just that cgc is witness ... I had a book signed recently by someone who had nothing what so ever to do with the book but was well known for the character on the cover so I had him sign that (shrug)

Someone more adept at the search function could find the thread, but this has been discussed and the answer is no, they won't allow anyone, Joe Blow, to sign and then SS.

Ask CGC booth or designated CGC SS guru Joe P. (worship) ...check

Ask the person signing if they will sign said item (shrug) ...check

do the above & you should get an CGC SS out of it. :wishluck:

But then again is the relevancy of getting the person to sign the item as the others have stated in the forum. ???

In the end your book, your time, & your $, do what you want. 2c

It is interesting to see some of the CGC SS labels though when the signer does something different. (i.e. sign on back cover , or adds extra stuff like "My letter is in this comic")