• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should ALL legit errors be blue labeled?

Should CGC Blue Label All Errors?   

138 members have voted

1. 1. Should CGC Blue Label All Errors?

27 posts in this topic

I say they should. For many different collectibles errors are an entire subset. The true is same for coins, currency and stamps for sure. Even comics have a market for errors and recalls - albeit a smaller market than ones I mentioned.

I don't see why certain errors are recognized, i.e. Black Venom and others - while some errors receive Green labels for no other reason than the error itself. If the comic is legit, as printed, undamaged and unaltered it should receive a blue label with the error attributes added.

This, for example, should be a blue label comic.

Your thoughts?

dragonerror.jpg

I say they should. For many different collectibles, error issues are an entire subset. The true is same for coins, currency and stamps for sure. Even for comics there's a market for errors and recalls - albeit a smaller market than ones I mentioned.

I don't see why certain errors are recognized, i.e. Black Venom and others - while some errors receive Green labels for no other reason than the error itself. If the comic is legit, as printed, undamaged and unaltered, it should receive a blue label the error attribute added.

This, for example, should be a blue label comic.

Your thoughts?

dragonerror.jpg

I chose both yes and no. Is that cool?

What is the point of a poll like this? This subjuct ould be rehashed endlessly and nobody is going to do a thing about it. The Great and Powerful SEEGEECEE has spoken and that is that.

What is the point of a poll like this? This subjuct ould be rehashed endlessly and nobody is going to do a thing about it. The Great and Powerful SEEGEECEE has spoken and that is that.

It's a topic of discussion and I'm curious what others think. A better question is what's wrong with a poll like this, since you seem to be expressing some kind of objection to it.

We should all play nice.

Instead of criticizing, we should ask, does anyone know why they assign certain manufacturing defects a Universal label and others a Qualified label?

It's a topic of discussion and I'm curious what others think. A better question is what's wrong with a poll like this, since you seem to be expressing some kind of objection to it.

:gossip: He is an equal opportunity sourpuss. Don't take it personally.

We should all play nice.

Instead of criticizing, we should ask, does anyone know why they assign certain manufacturing defects a Universal label and others a Qualified label?

...because that's the way the BSD deep-pockets want it?.... (shrug)

We should all play nice.

...because that's the way the BSD deep-pockets want it?.... (shrug)

Ah yes, the 'ol BSD theory. hm

I just figured they accidentally ordered the green labels and needed to find a purpose for them. (shrug)

The problem with threads like this is that the subject has been done to death, and many of the people that have been around for years tend to ignore them. What ends up happening is you get a bunch of newcomers that have little knowledge on the subject expressing their opinions and since no one bothers to correct them,their opinions end up being taken as fact.

If you would like to be truly informed on matters like this, you are much better off searching for past discussions rather than starting new ones. The older threads contain a lot more information than you'll get by starting a new one.

Does it really matter what others think when CGC does it one way and others disagree with them.

Would you not be better off searching older threads to find out why CGC does things the way they do rather than saying they should do this a certain way because it makes sense to you?

Believe it or not, that is offered as helpful advice. Do with it as you please.

We should all play nice.

Yes, we do. In past threads, their reasoning has been pretty well explained. Not that I agree with it, but it has been explained.

Wow! Someone has a high opinion of themselves! :eyeroll:

That last paragraph is pretty funny though since when I read it all I could think was Wouldnt you be better off shipping a book the way you and the seller agreed rather than saying after the fact it should be done a certain way because you believe it makes sense and start a thread about it lol

The problem with threads like this is that the subject has been done to death, and many of the people that have been around for years tend to ignore them. What ends up happening is you get a bunch of newcomers that have little knowledge on the subject expressing their opinions and since no one bothers to correct them,their opinions end up being taken as fact.

If you would like to be truly informed on matters like this, you are much better off searching for past discussions rather than starting new ones. The older threads contain a lot more information than you'll get by starting a new one.

Does it really matter what others think when CGC does it one way and others disagree with them.

Would you not be better off searching older threads to find out why CGC does things the way they do rather than saying they should do this a certain way because it makes sense to you?

It always bugs me when members are against bringing up old topics. What in the world would be wrong with fresh opinions? New members can be a great thing and they all have legitimate opinions.

It always bugs me when members are against bringing up old topics. What in the world would be wrong with fresh opinions? New members can be a great thing and they all have legitimate opinions.

The topic about old members being against new members bringing up topics that have already been thoroughly discussed has already been discussed. Please use the search function.

Attention everyone, from now on all new thread topics must be PMed to Shadroch for approval. If he deems it worthy, he will bless you and you can go forth and post. Be prepared for a lot of rejections.

I would actually like to hear from some people who agree with green labeling legit errors.

I also collect coins and NGC (the coin division of CGC) will absolutely attribute ALL coin errors in problem free slabs. They all do that - PCGS, NGC, ANACS and ICG.

I see no logical reason why all errors aren't treated the same with comics.

I can live with discussing a topic that has been done to death.

If someone chooses to ignore the thread I'm cool with that.

How do you "correct" someone's opinion, new comer or not?

Anyone who takes an opinion as fact needs to look up the definitions of opinion and fact.

to me a universal grade represents a book that is otherwise untainted since manufacture.

a manufacture or printing error is still an 'untainted' book, as produced by the manufacturers.

therefor should receive a universal grade.

just my 2c

obviously CGC see it another way.

(tsk)