• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I won't buy from Jamie Graham...and why I love these boards!

519 posts in this topic

For the time being I would prefer to not divulge these dealers...

Well, I quit reading.

Why? I tend to write with clear thoughts and i'm sure it will come out eventually. With this forum I've learned if you come out with guns blazing you are sure to start a gun fight.

I was being sarcastic.

I know exactly who you are talking about and he's not that bad of a guy... Sometimes gruff. First of all, his store staff probably had no idea he wasn't coming back to the show. Secondly, he has had that phone message forever. Thirdly, it wasn't his fault you purchased the wrong issue. I'm not saying that you are at fault, but he didn't know you would be returning to the show.

Lastly, I'm sure something could have been worked out as far as store credit or an exchange. He's facilitated returns/refunds in the past.

Doc, I appreciate your response but unless you have talked to this person...you probably don't know all the facts.

Supposedly, his staff called him and talked to him about my issue on the Saturday when I got home. They called him then called me back to say they talked to him and that he said no problem and come back the next day. Now of course, something could have changed in his situation and he decided not to come back without his staff knowing. Sure, I get that.

But, I talked to the same person at his store who claims to be his relative and promised me he would call me back to work out the deal. I gave at least 8 issues from my want list I needed and would gladly buy more than just exchanging the comic. I said that because I know it was my fault for buying a duplicate. To not only entice them to do the exchange and also show good will I offered to buy more....that didn't even prompt a call back.

And there is no excuse for such a vmail from a business owner even if he has had it forever. Why does that matter? He should be ashamed of himself for acting like a child on a vmail. It's business. He would be better off not having a vmail. Instead he is clearly amused at treating people like that.

For the time being I would prefer to not divulge these dealers...

Well, I quit reading.

Why? I tend to write with clear thoughts and i'm sure it will come out eventually. With this forum I've learned if you come out with guns blazing you are sure to start a gun fight.

I was being sarcastic.

I know exactly who you are talking about and he's not that bad of a guy... Sometimes gruff. First of all, his store staff probably had no idea he wasn't coming back to the show. Secondly, he has had that phone message forever. Thirdly, it wasn't his fault you purchased the wrong issue. I'm not saying that you are at fault, but he didn't know you would be returning to the show.

Lastly, I'm sure something could have been worked out as far as store credit or an exchange. He's facilitated returns/refunds in the past.

Doc, I appreciate your response but unless you have talked to this person...you probably don't know all the facts.

Supposedly, his staff called him and talked to him about my issue on the Saturday when I got home. They called him then called me back to say they talked to him and that he said no problem and come back the next day. Now of course, something could have changed in his situation and he decided not to come back without his staff knowing. Sure, I get that.

But, I talked to the same person at his store who claims to be his relative and promised me he would call me back to work out the deal. I gave at least 8 issues from my want list I needed and would gladly buy more than just exchanging the comic. I said that because I know it was my fault for buying a duplicate. To not only entice them to do the exchange and also show good will I offered to buy more....that didn't even prompt a call back.

And there is no excuse for such a vmail from a business owner even if he has had it forever. Why does that matter? He should be ashamed of himself for acting like a child on a vmail. It's business. He would be better off not having a vmail. Instead he is clearly amused at treating people like that.

I understand your frustration. There can be various pitfalls when handling a service issue long distance and through varies third parties. I wish your experience could have been better.

Unless, of course, that is his private phone and he has umpteen business lines that people can call and leave a detailed message at.

If he had been the one to give you the number he would have told you upfront to not leave a message on it. He does that with everyone else, but you got it 2nd hand, so you would not know that.

I've never really liked hockey; boy 13 beers would be refreshing right now.

Is there somebody going around out there giving my great sport a bad name. Why I oughtta :sumo:

It's not your sport that's getting the bad name that you should be worried about. :baiting:

Unless, of course, that is his private phone and he has umpteen business lines that people can call and leave a detailed message at.

If he had been the one to give you the number he would have told you upfront to not leave a message on it. He does that with everyone else, but you got it 2nd hand, so you would not know that.

Ok, excuses excuses. I have a personal like and a business line. I would never think to even have that message even if it's funny, or whatever. When you are dealing in business...have a nice attitude and treat customers with respect. He must know someone might get his cell number to buy something from him. It's immature and not needed. This dealer is exactly what is wrong with our hobby.

As much as his handling of the situation sucked, I agree. Besides, dial-tones and voice-mails conveniently bury customer frustration and dissatisfaction.

When you want the jumper to ask how high, pepper his Facebook wall or tell him what a twit he is on Twitter.

Never understood why boardies play this game with telling a bad transaction sob story about other boardies or dealers, and play this game about not telling us who is it.

Sorry about your bad transaction, but this venting is pointless unless you state all the facts in the matter.

Never understood why boardies play this game with telling a bad transaction sob story about other boardies or dealers, and play this game about not telling us who is it.

Sorry about your bad transaction, but this venting is pointless unless you state all the facts in the matter.

It's all there for those who wish to see, young Jedi Phillie Phanatic.

my thoughts exactly.... let's have the names so court can be in session...

It's all there for those who wish to see, young Jedi Phillie Phanatic.

I know the dealer in question it just never makes sense to play this came of guess who it is, etc.....

Your Bucos looking good. :gossip:

I hope they win the division.

I think that plenty of people have guessed this from the start. I just want to find out if the second dealer is as easy to guess. :taptaptap: