• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I won't buy from Jamie Graham...and why I love these boards!

519 posts in this topic

Please I managed to stay out of this,but if you spend 2.00 or 5.00 or 5000.00 dollars you should get the same type of customer service.I am sorry if your running a customer based business and you treat a customer as if he does'nt matter,you should find another type of business.
Absolutely agree with the customer service failure - I take issue with someone stating they are not "some guy who spends $100" and expects better treatment because of it.

You are missing the point bababooey....fafaflunkey....tatatoothey

I was referring to the link where the guy was refused a credit on a trimmed comic because it was 2 years later and cracker comics said the guy only bought 1 comic for $100 in 2 years. They ultimately gave him a credit because it was posted on this forum. :gossip:

To me that is appalling. It shouldn't matter how much the guy spent. He bought a trimmed comic and Graham should stand behind it if CGC deems it trimmed.

There was another board member who also almost got shafted on a trimmed comic purchased from Graham Cracker Comics.

Interesting I don't see trimmed comic threads popping up for Bob Storms, Dale Roberts, etc.....and from what I understand those guys stand behind their products.

Thanks Sufunk. I think lots of people on this forum can attest to the fact I've bought my share of comics and I'm a nice guy about it. I'm not some guy who buys 1 $100 comic in 2 years.
lol Actually to THIS particular dealer you ARE "some guy you bought a $100 comic" - I saw it in the for sale forums (bumped it for ya - (thumbs u)

The fact that you choose to now differentiate yourself and raise your own customer service expectations based on what you spend or in this case planned to spend is a wee bit arrogant.

Maybe you and Sufunk can join us common people soon.

Go read the post that Flying Donut posted. In it, John from Graham Cracker Comics said they didn't want to do anything for the guy with the trimmed comic because it was 2 years later and the guy only bought 1 comic for $100 in 2 years.

That's what I was referring to. I'll accept your apology now.

It doesn't matter what I was spending is the point....but I was prepared to spend up to $1,000 plus the exhange of the comic for a JIM 83. He missed his chance to maybe make a deal.

Since you seem to know how to offer advice to others on how to run their business I will feel free to advise you how to collect comics.

I would suggest that preparing a "want list" before you go to a convention will help you avoid buying dupes.

(thumbs u

And, you, sir, are an intolerable whiner with a hugely inflated sense of self-entitlement.

I'm sure those PMs will start flying in anytime now - just keep on mentioning that you're coming with money to buy more comics :thumbsup:

Inflated sense of entitlement? Where do you conjure up such nonsense. If you say it enough somehow it becomes true? I think not.

No entitlement here. Jamie didn't know how much $ I was potentially buying...he just decided not to deal with me by not calling me back and not having his staff call me. I'm a potential customer like everyone else. When my business isn't worth a call back, I am justified exposing the situation and telling others how I was treated. The only entitlement I expected was some resemblance of customer service.

And, I don't expect any PMs from Graham. Flying Donut is his forum customer service rep.

Oh jeez another wise . Everyone who buys enough picks up a dupe once in a while. It happens to the best.

And, you, sir, are an intolerable whiner with a hugely inflated sense of self-entitlement.

I'm sure those PMs will start flying in anytime now - just keep on mentioning that you're coming with money to buy more comics :thumbsup:

Inflated sense of entitlement? Where do you conjure up such nonsense. If you say it enough somehow it becomes true? I think not.

No entitlement here. Jamie didn't know how much $ I was potentially buying...he just decided not to deal with me by not calling me back and not having his staff call me. I'm a potential customer like everyone else. When my business isn't worth a call back, I am justified exposing the situation and telling others how I was treated. The only entitlement I expected was some resemblance of customer service.

And, I don't expect any PMs from Graham. Flying Donut is his forum customer service rep.

I've never bought from Graham Cracker Comics nor have I met Jamie Graham. But you previously saying you were lied to implies intent, and I don't think that's a given here at all. And when you say he "decided" not to deal with you and decided to not have his staff call you back, well, that's overkill on discerning intent. Unless you're omniscient.

I'll say, like others have, that I'd be pizzed off and the customer service here is lacking, but I think you've exaggerated the nature of the offense. I'd step back and wait until you communicate with the guy. I know, I know, he hasn't exactly responded promptly...and although this ain't a court of law, that doesn't mean one can't still face his accuser. :shrug: Who knows, he might, in the end, offer you a Graham Cracker t-shirt, there might be a subsequent hug, and an ensuing bromance. :kidaround:

Oh jeez another wise . Everyone who buys enough picks up a dupe once in a while. It happens to the best.

I've never bought from Graham Cracker Comics nor have I met Jamie Graham. But you previously saying you were lied to implies intent, and I don't think that's a given here at all. And when you say he "decided" not to deal with you and decided to not have his staff call you back, well, that's overkill on discerning intent. Unless you're omniscient.

I'll say, like others have, that I'd be pizzed off and the customer service here is lacking, but I think you've exaggerated the nature of the offense. I'd step back and wait until you communicate with the guy. I know, I know, he hasn't exactly responded promptly...and although this ain't a court of law, that doesn't mean one can't still face his accuser. :shrug: Who knows, he might, in the end, offer you a Graham Cracker t-shirt, there might be a subsequent hug, and an ensuing bromance. :kidaround:

113442.jpg.8d27f7dfe36ef8a8a835e5f63c5eda4c.jpg

Again, I normally never say a word, but I happen to think this man is actually a good guy who normally would give people the shirt off his back!

John (thumbs u

Your mention of Jamie willing to give you the shirt off his back reminded me of an experience I had with Jamie many years ago. It was a very hot summer day and I was attending the Motor City con where Jamie was setup. At this show he was also selling comic T-shirts. I stopped to chat with Jamie, if he is not busy, he will chat chat with you. I was wearing a cheap white T-shirt and suddenly Jamie says 'that T-shirt is disgusting, pick out any shirt on the rack on me but just change that shirt'. I did and we still laugh about it today. So there you have it, Jamie will give you the shirt off his back, or rack.

:applause: I am sure he's done similar things in the 30 years he's been in business! Not only that, he pays well when buying and is more than fair when buying from! Ya, he may have books posted on his website with inflated prices... who doesn't???

BTW - Thanks for pointing that out (thumbs u It couldn't have been put any better my man, kudos to you!

I won't even give the "OP" the time of day to the childish response made about my post.

I must admit I only read the title and the first few pages of the thread, but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in about Graham Crackers...

I spoke to a boardie at the Graham Crackers booth and a guy who I can only assume was Jamie was there, and when the topic of me being on the boards came up, he took one look at me and shook his head. I tried to make light of the situation, but he really didn't seem to want to be friendly.

No real bad situation here, he just seemed a little cold to me :shrug:

I WILL respond to this one, as I was the one sitting there talking with you Liam, correct? I will also give my OPINION, and it is just that, an OPINION, not fact or anything else it will be spun into!

Liam, you are young and just getting into this hobby, which is cool and I will talk to you and help you out whenever I can... I believe I showed an example of that yesterday, did I not?

Now, getting to the reason behind Jamie turning his back when I mentioned you were a "boardie" when being introduced. I'll let you think about that one for a moment as you seem like a smart kid.

Long enough? Good! Again, this is my OPINION only! I would assume the reason for that is rather quite simple; I would say it is because he knows better and would rather avoid situations such as this, where he did NOTHING WRONG in this instance, yet seeing as how the OP made an @ss of himself by posting HIS MISTAKE... Then (looking like an 1d1ot) had to drag up the past and make a spectacle of it all! Would you want to deal with people like that??? Really and honestly think about that one!

I am not saying ALL members are like this, unfortunately a lot, and I mean a LOT of good, mature, reasonable and most of all, knowledgeable posters have left due to the way things have really changed around here over last couple of years. Now, we have people who it seems like their only agenda is to try and make a "name" for themselves on a MESSAGE BOARD (whoopdie-f'ing-do: get a LIFE), by having a BIG post count. Or by posting BS such as this to make it look like they are special for having a 20+ page thread of non-sense and by bringing up past (years) MISTAKES that have occurred... it's sad really. This was a good place and still is for the most part. However, more people have to start speaking up (like a few did (worship) ) when BS like this goes down!

I guess it is like anywhere else; there'll always be the big talkers, but it's the walkers who speak volumes without needing to say a word!

Is it just me? Or can anyone else imagine the amount of calls, emails, ravens being sent, and even smoke signals that were probably made over this? Would YOU call the person back, or would you think it was a nut job better left alone! After all, getting back to the FACTS here, GCC did absolutely NOTHING WRONG! Better yet, JAMIE did nothing wrong! (shrug)

If I were a MOD, I would have this whole stupid thread removed as it is really messing with someone's livelihood over NOTHING! Shame really...

John <-- who's waiting on a quoted remark by BSP (Big Shot Poster) :popcorn:

ravens being sent

lol Game of Thrones allusion...

2 points to you sir! :applause: I was going to say pigeon, but GoT came to mind and thought it would add a little "pizaz" to it ;)

BTW "IndoorFoliageCapitoloftheWorld", from BC are you?

I met Mr. Graham Cracker once. I hope I never have to see him again. He was very rude.

I don't want to be near him let alone buy his comics. Arrogant guy.

I read the beginning of this posting because of my experience. Sounds like he did nothing wrong. His phone message sounds JUST like the guy I met tho.

So what's the second incident?

Personally, I think you may have overreacted a bit on the first incident. I would be pissed too if I took a drive out after agreeing to meet only to be stood up but if it were a 30 mile drive on a Sunday I might be a little more forgiving. As far as the phone message goes, it seems to have really offended you. I guess things like that don't bother me considering it is a personal line.

You've clearly never driven from Ft Lauderdale into Miami!!! lol

There is NOTHING pleasurable about that drive in the slightest!

What part of Fort Lauderdale or which city in Broward do you reside in that makes a trip to Miami so unpleasant?

I lived in Davie, Sunrise and Plantation as well as various areas of Miami/Dade, now, Miami-Dade, for 25 years and the drivers, etc., etc., are quite similar. Although I moved north in 2001, I return to Miami and Fort Lauderdale for one to two months every year and, granted, although the areas look "more alike" now than in the past the difference was never so great other than Miami being the gateway city to all of Florida. However, I do concur that the drive between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, whether via the FL Turnpike (my preferred route), I-95, or one of the city roads (e.g., N.W. 27 Avenue in Miami), is less than pleasant, especially with all the new construction that took place in the last decade.

What he is mad about is the fact that even after he was told it was ok he can't even get a simple call back after repeated attempts. Forget the exchange on the duplicate, he told the guy he wants to buy a bunch of other books(like 1k worth unless I'm mis understanding), gave him his want list, and STILL can't even get a call back!!!

Am I completely misunderstandin this mark cus that's what I'd be Mostly pissed about!

The guy wants to spend a bunch of money and can't get a return call? How is anybody defending this? That boggles my mind. If one of my instructors told me a guy called earlier wanteing to spend $5 or 6 or 7 hundred a thousand dollars, I'd be calling that person within 10 minutes at the absolute latest. Seriously, no sarcasm, is this guy a billionaire or something and doesn't need money?

Yep, I think you nailed it.

The OP is pissed because he gave them his want-list, told them he was going to a buy a lot of books from them, and yet they didn't give him the high-rollin' respect he thinks he deserves.

What a way to twist the truth.

You're kidding, right?

I actually had $1,000 in my pocket to buy more comics.

.I did say I was willing to buy more comics and even gave the guy several comics on my want list.

Plus, I said I was willing to buy other comics...still no call back.

Did you also see where I said I offered to buy more comics when I got there? Also when I left messages with the store I gave the guy my want list for JIMs. Still no call back.

What he failed to care about is I buy a lot of stuff.

he didn't give a care in the world I was coming with money to buy more comics from him and stated so to his employee John.

You're upset because, according to you, Jamie Graham didn't care that you were "coming with money to buy more comics from him".

It doesn't matter that Jamie might have had a prior engagement, some urgent business with one of his stores, or that he might have just plain ol' forgotten that he was supposed to meet some random guy who was returning a book said random guy bought by mistake. No, Jamie is definitely working overtime to avoid both you & your bulging money-sack. Why? Because $1,000 is chump change to a snarling, rude & shady guy like him. A pox on you and your JIM want-list!

Sir, you are a clown.

He didn't have a prior commitment. He decided not to come back because he told everyone at the show it was a bust for him. In fact before I left on Sat after I bought the books from him he said this would be his last Supercon because it wasn't good for him. He moaned about the show to everyone around him. I had a dealer pass and spoke to everyone....

It might not have been a bust if he actually talked to people and maybe if he showed up on the third day when people might be willing to wheel and deal. And I'm the one with the problem according to you.

You are making leaps and jumps to anything that suits your agenda but others here who have some rational thoughts in their heads know what's up.

And yet, since I have posted this....still no PM from Jamie....no word from anyone. Even after knowing I am in the market for a JIM 83 among others. I even sent PMs to many dealers on this board asking about buying a JIM 83.

Say whatever you want...you clearly have a thing for GCC. Enjoy their comics with a side of attitude.

Is it birthday money? :wishluck:

Again, I normally never say a word, but I happen to think this man is actually a good guy who normally would give people the shirt off his back!

John (thumbs u

Your mention of Jamie willing to give you the shirt off his back reminded me of an experience I had with Jamie many years ago. It was a very hot summer day and I was attending the Motor City con where Jamie was setup. At this show he was also selling comic T-shirts. I stopped to chat with Jamie, if he is not busy, he will chat chat with you. I was wearing a cheap white T-shirt and suddenly Jamie says 'that T-shirt is disgusting, pick out any shirt on the rack on me but just change that shirt'. I did and we still laugh about it today. So there you have it, Jamie will give you the shirt off his back, or rack.

lol I was at a show years ago in White Plains NY. It was a really hot day and there was no air conditioning in the venue. Barry Windsor Smith was there. I go up to him to get something signed and he asks me how I'm doing. I respond fine except for the heat or somesuch and he proceeds to give me his unopened cold bottle of iced tea. lol

John (thumbs u

lol I was at a show years ago in White Plains NY. It was a really hot day and there was no air conditioning in the venue. Barry Windsor Smith was there. I go up to him to get something signed and he asks me how I'm doing. I respond fine except for the heat or somesuch and he proceeds to give me his unopened cold bottle of iced tea. lol

The English are so polite.

Mark 1 drove back after speaking with an employee of Jamie Grahm, who told him that he would be there on Sunday, and the return was no problem.

Maybe not publicly posting would have been the more prudent action but I fail to see where everyone thinks he is being a doody for being angry. I would never buy from that seller based on prior situations, which if I remember correctly, involved Flying Donut eventually helping to get it resolved.

You would think in this economy, if you have people willing to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on some paper and ink that they would be thankful. Have some respect for your customers and do the right thing. I don't think I'm the only potential wallet he's lost. (shrug)

After all, getting back to the FACTS here, GCC did absolutely NOTHING WRONG! Better yet, JAMIE did nothing wrong! (shrug)

Telling his people to call a Mark 1 back and say the exchange is okay, but not showing up without a callback isn't wrong?

Thanks mikenyc88

In this forum, there are always people who will claim I'm overreacting or at fault, or should just take their word that Jamie is a good guy, etc. They ignore the facts and twist words to suit their agenda.

I waited to post this and didn't want it to get to this point. If his store had only called me back after my multiple calls. They didn't. It isn't about the money. It's how I was treated and how Jamie continues to treat people.