• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I won't buy from Jamie Graham...and why I love these boards!

519 posts in this topic

Jee some of you guys are so over the top and lack of care for others who belong to this forum amazes me

IT WASN'T ABOUT THE MONEY

It was the fact I was treated like they didn't care. It's because they didn't.

I listed the JIM 96 for sale on July 3rd when I got home from driving an hour and figures I could just sell it here and avoid any hassles of ever seeing this guy again.

But it didn't sell and I decided to see if I could call and work I out with them. We all know that didn't work out.

If the guy who clicked he will take the comic...great he can have it.

I do not and will not feel like I did anything wrong here

I have plenty of great dealings with a lot of folks on this forum. I pay on time and ship quickly. I answer PMs and have bought a lot from a lot of nice people here.

Perhaps once members of this forum could trust that someone else among you is telling the truth with no hidden agenda...or you can think the worst of me and say I wanted to out Graham Cracker Comics with some agenda.

My only reason for bringing this up on the forum is that I was tired of dealing with the attitude and nastiness that permeates this hobby. The lack of care for customers and I felt not only inconvenienced but ignored despite being nice and even offering to buy more comics from them. While some laugh at the thought that I could bring this up over $80 or drive an hour for $80....you do realize $80 isn't cheap for a funny book...we are talking comic books. Let's not lose sight of that fact. But as I said it wasn't about the money.

Yes I listed the comic here because I never thought I could have resolution since the guy didn't go to the show and based in his vmail...I figured why not just sell it here.

If George states he will buy the book, he will buy the book.

On another note I plan to complain about 2 duplicate books I bought from Comicana, 6 month's I've had them and no one has come round to collect them.

Shocking service, and the owners will have the gall to expect me to buy them a drink next time I see them!

Jee some of you guys are so over the top and lack of care for others who belong to this forum amazes me

IT WASN'T ABOUT THE MONEY

It was the fact I was treated like they didn't care. It's because they didn't.

I listed the JIM 96 for sale on July 3rd when I got home from driving an hour and figures I could just sell it here and avoid any hassles of ever seeing this guy again.

But it didn't sell and I decided to see if I could call and work I out with them. We all know that didn't work out.

If the guy who clicked he will take the comic...great he can have it.

I do not and will not feel like I did anything wrong here

I have plenty of great dealings with a lot of folks on this forum. I pay on time and ship quickly. I answer PMs and have bought a lot from a lot of nice people here.

Perhaps once members of this forum could trust that someone else among you is telling the truth with no hidden agenda...or you can think the worst of me and say I wanted to out Graham Cracker Comics with some agenda.

My only reason for bringing this up on the forum is that I was tired of dealing with the attitude and nastiness that permeates this hobby. The lack of care for customers and I felt not only inconvenienced but ignored despite being nice and even offering to buy more comics from them. While some laugh at the thought that I could bring this up over $80 or drive an hour for $80....you do realize $80 isn't cheap for a funny book...we are talking comic books. Let's not lose sight of that fact. But as I said it wasn't about the money.

Yes I listed the comic here because I never thought I could have resolution since the guy didn't go to the show and based in his vmail...I figured why not just sell it here.

If George states he will buy the book, he will buy the book.

On another note I plan to complain about 2 duplicate books I bought from Comicana, 6 month's I've had them and no one has come round to collect them.

Shocking service, and the owners will have the gall to expect me to buy them a drink next time I see them!

Yeah, but that guy's a tool. :devil:

I almost did chalk it up to a learning experience and why I decided to list it here after the guy was a no show.

But once it didn't sell here I decided I would call them and see what could happen. Instead I dealt with a guy on the phone who could care less I was inconvenienced...and no calls back from anyone even though I was willing to buy more.

So I decided that I wanted to say to this forum I'm tired of dealers with attitudes and who treat customers like POS because they have the comics we want.

Look I'll move on and GCC will move on. This forum will move on. Now that the comic sold it doesn't mean anything to me. My feelings about this situation are unchanged.

I almost did chalk it up to a learning experience and why I decided to list it here after the guy was a no show.

But once it didn't sell here I decided I would call them and see what could happen. Instead I dealt with a guy on the phone who could care less I was inconvenienced...and no calls back from anyone even though I was willing to buy more.

So I decided that I wanted to say to this forum I'm tired of dealers with attitudes and who treat customers like POS because they have the comics we want.

Look I'll move on and GCC will move on. This forum will move on. Now that the comic sold it doesn't mean anything to me. My feelings about this situation are unchanged.

I am just going to throw this out there. I ordered from GC and also emailed them recently. I received an auto response stating that Mr. Robinson will be on vacation the week of the 4th. Were you aware that they were down some help last week? This matter could have possibly been in time.

You bought a book you already had, how where you inconvenienced? Did he force you to buy the book? Was is restored? How is he at fault for your own mistake?

You bought a book you already had, how where you inconvenienced? Did he force you to buy the book? Was is restored? How is he at fault for your own mistake?

JEEZ do you guys freakin read

I was inconvenienced because:

I was called back and told I could bring the comic back the next day...I drove an hour round trip and the guy never showed up. I took their word that I could exchange it. They could have said no. I would have chalked it up to a learning experience. Instead they said yes, bring it down. I did and was stood up.

Is that not being inconvenienced? Can you see that???

I spent extra money on gas, miles, missed being with my kids in the morning, had my wife mad at me for going back to the show only to not have the guy even have the courtesy to call me back and say "hey man, sorry I decided to hit the beach but I'll make it up to you." I also paid for parking...all inconveniences that could have been avoided. Sure it was my fault for buying a dupe...idiodic move I know...but once I called and they said yes...I expected them to stand behind it

Do you see that or is that just not clear enough for you?

Not trying to take sides here but you really didn't read any of this thread did you?

If you had, you'd have gotten over the part about him buying a duplicate as that issue had already been addressed by GCC. The inconveniences came after that was established. doh!

JEEZ do you guys freakin read

I was inconvenienced because:

I was called back and told I could bring the comic back the next day...I drove an hour round trip and the guy never showed up. I took their word that I could exchange it. They could have said no. I would have chalked it up to a learning experience. Instead they said yes, bring it down. I did and was stood up.

Is that not being inconvenienced? Can you see that???

I spent extra money on gas, miles, missed being with my kids in the morning, had my wife made at me for going back to the show only to not have the guy even have the courtesy to call me back and say "hey man, sorry I decided to hit the beach but I'll make it up to you." I also paid for parking...all inconveniences that could have been avoided. Sure it was my fault for buying a dupe...idiodic move I know...but once I called and they said yes...I expected them to stand behind it

Do you see that or is that just not clear enough for you?

You should have just stayed home.

I'm smart enough to know I can't controll this group but I'll just leave it at this...

It's over. I'm moving on and my money will be spent at other dealers/sellers who want a nice, respectful and good customer. I will shop with those who care about my business and treat customers nicely.

I'm glad that George bought the JIM 96. Now I don't have to speak to or deal with GCC again. That's a great thing. Thank you George.

Thank you to Flying Donut for trying to work something out. The point is mute now.

I thank you for hearing me out and letting me vent. I learned a lot about some members here and how they think and treat others. I'll remember that for the future.

But more importantly, I want to thank those who PM'd me and publicly had my back on this issue.

I'm done with this thread and it can slip away. I am moving on. :angel:

The more I found out about this incident the more I think the OP should not have posted.

To buy a duplicate is an easy mistake to make, I'll give him that.

To drive 80 miles to exchange a 76.00 book is crazy but if that's what he wanted to do, so be it.

To slam the dealer because he didn't stay in Florida to accomodate your 76.00 exchange is not fair.

This thread should never have happened. Sorry.

I wanted to go buy a Jim 83 you tools...I drove back to get it with the Jim 96 as a credit (albeit small). Why are some of you guys so dense! It wasn't just to get an even exchange for the Jim 96.

And yes the point is MOOT. Okay spelling freaks.

If I may interject a thought here.

On these very boards we have a thread for bad transactions. The grace period that all selected was 30 days before outing a bad transaction. We all realise stuff happens in life and especially when money changes hands.

30 days, and if the transaction cannot be completed then the entire forum is warned by outing the the offending party.

There have been countless cases that were handled well within the 30 days. Those that remained chronic were made public, and rightly so.

I understand the frustration regarding a transaction that did not go the way you planned or expected but did you really try to go the extra mile to see it through? Was it a book that had color touch? Was there an issue with the book that was not disclosed? From what I read, it was a book purchased by you that you later found out you already owned. The fact Jamie was willing to work with you was a very generous offer.

People ask me to pick up stuff from their booth all the time. Sometimes I forget. Sometimes I am only reminded when they call me a week or two later or the book arrives in the mail. While you book was important to you, in the grand scheme of things this may have been 1 of 500 things on Jamies mind. Does not make it right that he was not there, but it was not nefarious in nature.

Most of the larger dealers drive with their stock. Many take time off to enjoy the Florida sunshine after a show. There are many reasons that a call has not been returned by Jamie. The workers at the stores are a different story.

If I am to compare apples to apples. Board transaction to customer/dealer transaction I would say you still had 3 weeks left to hammer this out before outing Jamie.

I'm not sure I would hold a guy selling comics in his free time to the same standards as one of the largest retailers in the comic industry. Most of the sellers here on the boards have day jobs that could delay a transaction. I understand Jamie has a day job also, I'm assuming selling comics wouldn't get in the way of his day to day operations.

Even without this current situation, there are more than enough stories out there for people to form their own opinions. Really, most board members would be crucified if they had sold a high dollar trimmed book & proceeded to ignore the buyer for 3 months. Thankfully Donut is around these days to clean up his messes.

Maybe if Mr. I'm too busy/important would get off his butt and deal with things himself Donut wouldn't have to waste his time cleaning up these messes.

You are the kind of guy that likes to blow off his fireworks on the 5th of July, aren't you?

lol

I have no idea what you mean by that. Perhaps you could remove your lips from Jamie's behind and explain it to me?

Super Classy. (thumbs u

I'm not interested in responding in kind. You're welcome.

What are you going to do if George already has a JIM 96 and wants to return it?

The point is mute now.

Is the point moot also?

There's always an expression stickler.

I could care less. :baiting: