• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I won't buy from Jamie Graham...and why I love these boards!

519 posts in this topic

So, who's the dealer?

Enough people guessed without me even mentioning a name. So clearly this person's reputation is well known.

It's Jamie Graham of Graham Cracker Comics.

I'll even change the name of my thread so people can search for it from now on.

I just wanted to be civil about it without naming names as I don't want to hurt another person's business but since all have asked....that's who it is.

to each his own. he's one of my favorite guys in the biz.

Is that a Straw-Man argument...?

hm

Which I was in total agreement with before I found out the book was put up for sale on this very forum the DAY BEFORE he went to meet for the exchange.

That changed total agreement to total confusion.

Then the book sold on this very forum, and the tenor of the thread changed from being inconvenienced in the exchange on Monday that did not occur, and switched to not getting a phone call back to make the exchange, which led to more confusion because there was nothing left to exchange a day or so later.

Now the book that was the subject of the aborted exchange, the book that was the subject of the phone calls and the un-returned messages, the book that led to this thread being created IS no longer owned by the OP. Yet the thread remains, won't die, and the discussion continues.

This thread needs a DNR and we need to respect it.

First of all :bump::sumo:

I think your dates are wrong. Mark's con report was done here on 7/2 - he went back next day & listed book in marketplace on the evening of the 3rd. The book was NOT for sale here when he went back to the con to exchange it & haggle for his JIM 83.

The book WAS for sale when messages were being left.

He said he went back to exchange the book and the dealer didn't show up for the last day of the convention. That would have been July 4th, the last day of the con.

The book was for sale here on July 3rd.

The last day of the con he mentioned most dealers weren't attending so his "last day of con" was a reference to Sunday 7/3.

7/2 posts - http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4909453&fpart=1

:blahblah:

Speaking of July 4th...I thought it was a bit of bad idea to have the show on the weekend before the 4th. Plus the show is actually open on the 4th but from what I understand most of the comic dealers will be leaving after Sunday.

Also from 7/2 (edit on 7/11 - :devil: )

Turns out I already have one of the comics I bought! doh!doh!

I am driving back tomorrow morning to swap it for another.

Back again tomorrow.... :sorry:

Let's be fair. Mark is unhappy because he was told he could make an exchange,

drove a long distance to do it, couldn't do it and now can't contact the dealer. I

Which I was in total agreement with before I found out the book was put up for sale on this very forum the DAY BEFORE he went to meet for the exchange.

YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG ABOUT THAT.

Check your facts before you post.

Saturday July 2nd I bought the comic around 2pm. I discovered that I had the dupe around 4 pm and was told I could bring the book back the next day.

July 3rd I drove back in the morning and was stood up by Jamie Graham not showing up. Called Jamie and no answer back. I drove back home at 11:30am

July 3rd at 8:27pm I listed the comic for sale as I never expected to hear back from Jamie.

So, now you owe me an apology. I hate it when people like you state BS as facts when you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

drove a long distance to do it, couldn't do it and now can't contact the dealer. I

Saturday July 2nd I bought the comic around 2pm. I discovered that I had the dupe around 4 pm and was told I could bring the book back the next day.

July 3rd I drove back in the morning and was stood up by Jamie Graham not showing up. Called Jamie and no answer back. I drove back home at 11:30am

July 3rd at 8:27pm I listed the comic for sale as I never expected to hear back from Jamie.

So, now you owe me an apology. I hate it when people like you state BS as facts when you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Man, Tupenny was right.

How the hell is ANYONE supposed to check the facts of when you went where you went when you've NEVER posted them until now?

This is the FIRST TIME you've posted an actual time line, with dates and times in this thread. You have used the terms "went back the next day", and "tomorrow" and spoke about dealers not setting up on the last day of the convention, and you provided ZERO confirmation of the dates in question.

That forced people, like me, to see when the convention too place. The convention web site says July 1-4, that would make Monday July 4th, the last day of the convention. The day that could reasonable be inferred from your description being that until today you NEVER posted a time line for the convention and only a time time for the calls you made from July 5th onward.

You were the one that said you went back on the last day of the con (I think Bababooey mentions that post got edited on the 11th for some reason) and another dealer said he decided not to come back for the last day. Then commentary continued from other people regarding dealers not setting up on July 4th, THE LAST DAY OF THE CON, and leaving early. When you don't post the dates, and the discussion turns to dealers not setting up on the last day without any correction from you it is reasonable to determine that July 4th is the day in question. That's especially true when you mention you started calling July 5th to his stores.

If you wanted to be clear, if you wanted to not be misunderstood, perhaps you should have used specific dates and times to set up a timeline for what happened during the convention. You were the single and primary source of confusion on this topic. That's not something I can apologize for, it's your doing.

If you wanted to clear it up (as you just did), that's fine. You could have done that at any time during this gigantic time and space waster of a thread.

I will not apologize for taking your rambling descriptions of events, attempting to make honest sense of them with what vague information you have previously provided, and have those attempts be incorrect through no fault of my own.

If you want people to understand your complaints and take you seriously maybe you should not be playing a game of "hide the details" with things such as dates and times, when those things are critical.

"People Like You"? I would ask WTF that's supposed to mean, but I feel I would have to figure it for myself given your past ability to explain things.

Actually, we still only know your side of the story.

Ok, great. Me too. I've yet to hear anything from Jamie Graham and from what I understand I never will hear from him. I welcome an explanation and would even consider doing business with him if he or his store would just call me back and discuss what happened. I'm reasonable and don't think the guy is the devil. We can all make mistakes. It was the lack of care of that mistake that angrered me greatly.

I'll leave you with this. Why would I lie?

Ok, great. Me too. I've yet to hear anything from Jamie Graham and from what I understand I never will hear from him. I welcome an explanation and would even consider doing business with him if he or his store would just call me back and discuss what happened. I'm reasonable and don't think the guy is the devil. We can all make mistakes. It was the lack of care of that mistake that angrered me greatly.

I think you've pretty much insured you will never get a response with the behavior you have displayed here on the boards.

Man, Tupenny was right.

How the hell is ANYONE supposed to check the facts of when you went where you went when you've NEVER posted them until now?

This is the FIRST TIME you've posted an actual time line, with dates and times in this thread. You have used the terms "went back the next day", and "tomorrow" and spoke about dealers not setting up on the last day of the convention, and you provided ZERO confirmation of the dates in question.

That forced people, like me, to see when the convention too place. The convention web site says July 1-4, that would make Monday July 4th, the last day of the convention. The day that could reasonable be inferred from your description being that until today you NEVER posted a time line for the convention and only a time time for the calls you made from July 5th onward.

You were the one that said you went back on the last day of the con (I think Bababooey mentions that post got edited on the 11th for some reason) and another dealer said he decided not to come back for the last day. Then commentary continued from other people regarding dealers not setting up on July 4th, THE LAST DAY OF THE CON, and leaving early. When you don't post the dates, and the discussion turns to dealers not setting up on the last day without any correction from you it is reasonable to determine that July 4th is the day in question. That's especially true when you mention you started calling July 5th to his stores.

If you wanted to be clear, if you wanted to not be misunderstood, perhaps you should have used specific dates and times to set up a timeline for what happened during the convention. You were the single and primary source of confusion on this topic. That's not something I can apologize for, it's your doing.

If you wanted to clear it up (as you just did), that's fine. You could have done that at any time during this gigantic time and space waster of a thread.

I will not apologize for taking your rambling descriptions of events, attempting to make honest sense of them with what vague information you have previously provided, and have those attempts be incorrect through no fault of my own.

If you want people to understand your complaints and take you seriously maybe you should not be playing a game of "hide the details" with things such as dates and times, when those things are critical.

"People Like You"? I would ask WTF that's supposed to mean, but I feel I would have to figure it for myself given your past ability to explain things.

That's just idiodic.

"People like you" means people who make claims without doing any fact checking or even asking a question if it didn't make sense to you. Instead you make claims as facts when clearly you didn't understand.

Seems others here were able to understand what transpired. Perhaps you just don't have the capacity to understand it or don't want to because you have another agenda.

I have no reason to lie and I don't appreciate you making claims that try to make me seem like a liar.

I don't need an apology from you. It's clear that you are wrong.

'nuff said about that.

I welcome an explanation and would even consider doing business with him if he or his store would just call me back and discuss what happened.

I would refer you to your own title. Add me to the confused readers of this thread.

Since you feel wronged, and that I was making up BS, here's your post from the beginning of this thread.

No dates, no times, but some very clearly stated information about when you went back to the show.

I got up early the next day and drove 35 miles to the show to see said dealer. Everyone was setting up their booth except this dealer. He wasn't there... I waited and waited and after about 90 minutes I see his neighbor breaking down the shelves in the dealers booth. I walked over to ask when said dealer was coming...I was told "he decided not to come back". I was amazed and floored!

Not only was I told he would be there but who in their right mind travels across country to not show up on the last day of a show? I actually had $1,000 in my pocket to buy more comics.

Lo and behold without you giving any more information we have the following information from a 2 second google search:

Florida SuperCon July 1 - 4, 2011

So the "LAST DAY OF THE SHOW" is July 4th.

That's the day anyone who can read would believe you went back to the show and found Graham Crackers booth closed up.

Then we found your sales thread for the JIM book and that is was listed on July 3rd.

JIM FOR SALE JULY 3rd.

SO by your own posts, your own descriptions, your own doing you have confused the issue and led people to the wrong conclusion. From what you posted and when you posted it it looks EXACTLY like you put the book up for sale BEFORE you went back to see Jamie and that July 4th was the day you went to see him.

Again, ALL your doing.

So you were saying someone about people needing to apologize for being mistaken and completely wrong? Does that just apply to other people?

Since you feel wronged, and that I was making up BS, here's your post from the beginning of this thread.

No dates, no times, but some very clearly stated information about when you went back to the show.

I got up early the next day and drove 35 miles to the show to see said dealer. Everyone was setting up their booth except this dealer. He wasn't there... I waited and waited and after about 90 minutes I see his neighbor breaking down the shelves in the dealers booth. I walked over to ask when said dealer was coming...I was told "he decided not to come back". I was amazed and floored!

Not only was I told he would be there but who in their right mind travels across country to not show up on the last day of a show? I actually had $1,000 in my pocket to buy more comics.

Low and behold without you giving any more information we have the following information from a 2 second google search:

That's the day anyone who can read would believe you went back to the show and found Graham Crackers booth closed up.

Then we found your sales thread for the JIM book and that is was listed on July 3rd.

JIM FOR SALE JULY 3rd.

SO by your own posts, your own descriptions, your own doing you have confused the issue and led people to the wrong conclusion. From what you posted and when you posted it it looks EXACTLY like you put the book up for sale BEFORE you went back to see Jamie and that July 4th was the day you went to see him.

Again, ALL your doing.

So you were saying someone about people needing to apologize for being mistaken and completely wrong? Does that just apply to other people?

113539.jpg.03d0724c1ce5ffb8631439a2ab97c99b.jpg

I think you've pretty much insured you will never get a response with the behavior you have displayed here on the boards.

My behavior? He'd be lucky if I answered the phone should hell freeze over and he actually called me.

Look man, you don't have to agree with me but don't be so stubborn to admit I had a legit gripe.

Plus, I love how some of you guys just ignore the other members who posted here that they had worse problems with this dealer and yet...that goes without any mention.

Care to excuse how this person sold trimmed comics to forum members and it took months to get resolution (only after Flying Donut helped)?

And the beat goes on...

Lo and behold without you giving any more information we have the following information from a 2 second google search:

JIM FOR SALE JULY 3rd.

Again, ALL your doing.

Look man, twist the facts all you want.

Check my Florida Supercon review and you will see when I posted the con report and when I said I was going back. I didn't list the comic before I drove back. If that isn't clear to you...well then you need to join your friends on the short bus.

That's all there is to say. You are wrong. Others understood the way it went down. You just have an agenda and that is clear.

Care to excuse how this person sold trimmed comics to forum members and it took months to get resolution (only after Flying Donut helped)?

Without commenting on the merits of the rest of your arguments, bringing up this trimmed comics argument was beside the point and weakened your stance to me. It has nothing to do with your problem, and you brought it up on like page 10 of this thread (I'm ashamed to know that) when it seemed like the mood of the thread was turning against you. It was almost like you weren't getting the reaction you wanted so you had to try to drag out more mud on the guy. Piling on unrelated stuff doesn't make your gripe any better, and it made your case seem weaker in that you had to dredge up other stuff. 2c

Low and behold without you giving any more information we have the following information from a 2 second google search:

JIM FOR SALE JULY 3rd.

Again, ALL your doing.

Where I come from, that is called messing with the wrong bull. The forensic break down hot poker is wielded by Caira like a surgeon wields a scalpel. (worship)

JIM FOR SALE JULY 3rd.

Again, ALL your doing.

Roy, he's wrong and if you also check the facts...you will see for yourself when I was told to go back, when I drove back and when I listed the comic. Nothing deceptive.

I might have said the last day of the show somewhere but cmon guys...I have no reason to be deceptive here.

Babybooey got it...why can't you or others understand it?

First of all :bump::sumo:

I think your dates are wrong. Mark's con report was done here on 7/2 - he went back next day & listed book in marketplace on the evening of the 3rd. The book was NOT for sale here when he went back to the con to exchange it & haggle for his JIM 83.

The book WAS for sale when messages were being left.

I promise this is the last time I am posting in this thread. If you want to hear from me on it. PM me. If you want to keep trying to sling mud at me...go for it.

If you want to do business with this man...it's your money.

End of my story. You can choose to believe what you want.

Thanks.

JIM FOR SALE JULY 3rd.

Again, ALL your doing.

Look man, twist the facts all you want.

Check my Florida Supercon review and you will see when I posted the con report and when I said I was going back. I didn't list the comic before I drove back. If that isn't clear to you...well then you need to join your friends on the short bus.

That's all there is to say. You are wrong. Others understood the way it went down. You just have an agenda and that is clear.

These are your unedited words from THIS THREAD. I directly quoted your EXACT WORDS. If that's twisting the facts I don't think you understand what the words "twisting" and "facts" mean.

So wait a minute, now I am supposed to chase down your convention reports to get the clear story on what you did and when you did it? Are there any other threads you suggest I read to get the complete story on what happened? What a joke. Really.

You made a mistake, it happens, closing your eyes and repeating over and over again that everyone else is wrong doesn't make it so.

This is your complaint thread, you laid out the facts yourself. You confused people with what you said. If you can't admit that your first post that supposedly laid out your beef with Graham Crackers clearly gives the impression that you went back on THE LAST DAY OF THE SHOW then your beef is not with me, it's with reality and the English language.