• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Customer service?? In all honesty I would like input.

27 posts in this topic

I understand the whole "old school dealer", and he isn't that bad comments here. But I have to ask, where is the line??

We had the "shill or no shill" thread in which Cliff from worldwide comics, came here bashing board members. He outed his bosses shilling, etc..

The same thread had Matt Nelson blasting Flaming Telepath.

A long time ago.. We had Vincent of Metropolis explain how he did not like the conventions because he did not like dealing with comic book collectors.

I am sure there are many names that could be added.. Oh yea!!

Russ!! Good old comic supply Russ. Did not ship product, and took your money!!

I have to ask. Where is the customer service? I work in sales, deal with some angry customers. And I feel communication is key! So I wonder why the dealers are not held up to the same standards?

It is like I said about Vincent years ago now. You do not want to deal with us, but you will gladly take our money. That is how I am starting to feel about most dealers. There just isn't that "feel good" customer service..

I can say I have felt better about spending money on these boards, and with comic link. Then say 90% of the dealers out there. I feel as though me dropping $400 or $500.00 is a drop to them. It may be, but I shouldn't leave your table feeling that way.

Guys like Bob Storms, and Rick Whitelock are what this hobby needs more of. I have never spent 1K on a book. I just don't have that kind of scratch right now, maybe later. But either of those two would treat me the same if it were $10.00 or $10,000.00. That to me is part of customer service. I leave the transaction happy, and feeling good about where I spent my money.

To come here as a dealer or representative of one and blast a customer is insane! I would be fired immediately! I just can not believe that these dealers are so busy that they can not take care of their customers in a more professional matter.

Guys like Bob get it. Others, not so much.

The way some dealers go on with their business, its seems like they're running it in "Beta - Invites Only" mode.

Although from the outside looking in, it's a model as relevant, meaningful and out of place to us today as Betamax.

I don't know where the line is, and I think it is different for every person.

There are folks right here that I don't buy from because I think they have crossed one line or another, or are just outright abusive dlcks.

There are plenty of other dealers to spend my money with that are both pleasant AND ethical, all the while leaving plenty of money on the table. I think most know who they are.

Let your own conscience be your guide.

I agree with you but MAN is this going to end bad!!!

I'll just say this. I'd never done business with bob storm or been on his site before last week. I got an pm from a boardie telling menthat he was selling a bunch of books he knows I collect on bobs site. I said cool, let me k now when they go up. A few days pater, bob himself pm'd me and said they were going up if I wanted to take a look.

I checked out the site and signed up but had a problem with my email account for some reason. Bob and I had an email exchange with like 4 responses each trying to fix it and he responded within literally 10 minutes every single time until it got fixed. (thumbs u I was definitely impressed. I bought 2 9.4 issues from him an hour later when I really was looking for a 9.6 and didn't really want 9.4's. I only bought them because of how happy I was with how quickly and professionally he responded. If I had waited a day or 2 or 8!, 100%'definitely would not have bought those 9.4's and would have looked elsewhere for 9.6's. Bob got the sale when he wouldn't have otherwise because of his great customer service.

We DEFINITELY need more dealers like bob!

I don't know where the line is, and I think it is different for every person.

There are folks right here that I don't buy from because I think they have crossed one line or another, or are just outright abusive dlcks.

There are plenty of other dealers to spend my money with that are both pleasant AND ethical, all the while leaving plenty of money on the table. I think most know who they are.

Let your own conscience be your guide.

I have just about run out. I really have no use for conventions anymore, except to see friends.

Well articulated Pat hm
Now people will think I have a shill... Seriously though, it puzzles me. It is as if there is no strive to be the best.

Why would they think that? I'm no shill and was merely stating I liked what you wrote...

Well articulated Pat hm
Now people will think I have a shill... Seriously though, it puzzles me. It is as if there is no strive to be the best.

Why would they think that? I'm no shill and was merely stating I liked what you wrote...

I rarely put much effort into my posts anymore. :(

I understand the whole "old school dealer", and he isn't that bad comments here. But I have to ask, where is the line??

We had the "shill or no shill" thread in which Cliff from worldwide comics, came here bashing board members. He outed his bosses shilling, etc..

The same thread had Matt Nelson blasting Flaming Telepath.

A long time ago.. We had Vincent of Metropolis explain how he did not like the conventions because he did not like dealing with comic book collectors.

I am sure there are many names that could be added.. Oh yea!!

Russ!! Good old comic supply Russ. Did not ship product, and took your money!!

I have to ask. Where is the customer service? I work in sales, deal with some angry customers. And I feel communication is key! So I wonder why the dealers are not held up to the same standards?

It is like I said about Vincent years ago now. You do not want to deal with us, but you will gladly take our money. That is how I am starting to feel about most dealers. There just isn't that "feel good" customer service..

I can say I have felt better about spending money on these boards, and with comic link. Then say 90% of the dealers out there. I feel as though me dropping $400 or $500.00 is a drop to them. It may be, but I shouldn't leave your table feeling that way.

Guys like Bob Storms, and Rick Whitelock are what this hobby needs more of. I have never spent 1K on a book. I just don't have that kind of scratch right now, maybe later. But either of those two would treat me the same if it were $10.00 or $10,000.00. That to me is part of customer service. I leave the transaction happy, and feeling good about where I spent my money.

To come here as a dealer or representative of one and blast a customer is insane! I would be fired immediately! I just can not believe that these dealers are so busy that they can not take care of their customers in a more professional matter.

I find it surprising that a dealer has so many customers and so much money

flowing in that they can ignore the basic rules of customer service. They are

essentially, small business owners and should be motivated to provide great

service to attract and retain customers.

It should go beyond nice comics in shiny bags at fair prices. Friendly, available,

responsive to problems and of course honest are key to repeat business.

I'm not a dealer but I think it works both ways. There is always going to be the customer that is never happy and seriuosly, 2 yrs? Not even Wally World is that generous and they usually take anything back. But I also have to agree that good customer service is getting harder to find. I'm not going to point fingers but as an example because it took a month for a lot I recently won at auction I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

:acclaim:

meh pffft......., you are not on the list. You don't sell anything in my collecting focus, or lack of focus.

----------

Back in his pre-Metro days (I think he was Investment Collectibles then or something) I once bought about 250 dime books (or so it seemed) off VZ at a show. Turns out I did not have the cash to pay him when I opened up my wallet. I was short $15. I offered to write a check and rather than asking me why the F I had pulled a long box of books when I only had $10 left in my wallet (honestly, i thought i had more) he said don't worry about it, next time. When I actually handed him the $15 at the next show he was amazed. Anyway...most dealers would be F-ing pissed about that (yanking all those books and then not having the money for them), but he was cool about it. Then again, maybe he really wanted to get rid of those dime books (which had been 50 cent books earlier in the show), although my longie was a total cherry pick job. I grabbed virtually every half decent looking BA book he had in there.

Customer service is #1 on my list.

I've been fortunate to deal with LCS owners and board members that are nice and great to work with.

I don't care if they have a book I want,if they don't treat customers right I'm not doing any business with them :sumo:

You're kidding, right?

Around here it seems like the only standard that comic book dealers are held to is absolute perfection in 100% of their transactions. Any dealer that doesn't hand-deliver a comic book at the very moment you're thinking about purchasing it is the devil incarnate & needs to be outed immediately in a 15-page thread in Comics General. Forgot the unicorn sprinkles on top? An instant multi-page follow-up, comparing him to Robojo & Greg White. Doesn't respond within 5 minutes to an email sent at 3 am on a Saturday? A lengthy diatribe on how the customer is always right & how any positive comments about said dealer should be ignored as they're coming from members of the "good ol' boys club".

There's no question that any dealer should strive to deliver great customer service (as this directly benefits their business), but thinking that a dealer's only function here on Earth is to give you a reach-around every time you lay down $5 at their booth is absurd.

You're kidding, right?

Around here it seems like the only standard that comic book dealers are held to is absolute perfection in 100% of their transactions. Any dealer that doesn't hand-deliver a comic book at the very moment you're thinking about purchasing it is the devil incarnate & needs to be outed immediately in a 15-page thread in Comics General. Forgot the unicorn sprinkles on top? An instant multi-page follow-up, comparing him to Robojo & Greg White. Doesn't respond within 5 minutes to an email sent at 3 am on a Saturday? A lengthy diatribe on how the customer is always right & how any positive comments about said dealer should be ignored as they're coming from members of the "good ol' boys club".

There's no question that any dealer should strive to deliver great customer service (as this directly benefits their business), but thinking that a dealer's only function here on Earth is to give you a reach-around every time you lay down $5 at their booth is absurd.

:roflmao:

Completely disconnected from reality.