• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet Guide

80 posts in this topic

I uploaded the new Overstreet so you can download it:

www.hypothermia.us/overstreet.pdf

devil.gif

overstreet.jpg

i know i'm number one. blush.gif

do i see a hairy knuckle there?? 27_laughing.gif

lol....and we all know Wizard is the true source for all things comic related, especially prices and issue listings. 27_laughing.gif

I was just stating that it's surprising that Wizard would be so superior to OS in terms of organizing books by character and then title.

If I were pricing or valueing a stack of 1970's X-Men issues by OS, the last thing I'd want to is hit #93, then have to hunt for the GS X-Men issue, and then to the back of the book again for #94.

For books like this, that happen in continuity with the regular comics, it makes no sense to not inlcude them with the main run.

Well, what a surprise that I would disagree with you. I for one, being a Giant Size issue collector think they should fall under G. Just because of story continuity, doens't mean it has to be lumped with individual titles. Many of the GS books were reprint books. Many of the GS books did not have a regular series to associate with.

Your second reasoning for inclusion with the regular series was much better than the Wizard reason. Wizard is a fluff mag for kids. Their price guide is a joke to real collectors. you should know this JC.

I could take you. 15_1_101.gif

do i see a hairy knuckle there?? 27_laughing.gif

heh...you shouldn't...my knuckles drag when I walk wink.gif

that just doesn't sound right crazy.gif

heh.,..have you ever seen me? My nickname in High School was Vanilla Gorilla.

http://www.hypothermia.us/aboutme_1.html

not a pretty sight.

the hulk looks like he just awoke...(hey that rhymes! 27_laughing.gif)

what about the downloadable version? Can ANYONE get the damn download page to work?? I get ALL the way thru the process...*click* confirm...BAMM!!! Nothing. Try again...error. Try again BAMM!!! Nothing...try again....error ( different ), try again...page timed out.

AAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

I downloaded the online version from Heritage. I'm kinda pissed that there's no ads, and none of the non-guide info is in the pdf. Just the data--that's it!

I think the time for the OSPG has come and gone. I'd rather have an online source like gpanalysis.com be a realtime price indicator than stale 6 month information. We are in the information age, folks--get with it! 893frustrated.gif (Oh, want latest 9.4 9.6 9.8 or even 10.0 prices--gpa has it! Eat that OSPG!)

Im sure fantasticfour and I could develop a system to rival GPA...all we need is a down payment... grin.gif

think the time for the OSPG has come and gone. I'd rather have an online source like gpanalysis.com be a realtime price indicator than stale 6 month information. We are in the information age, folks--get with it! (Oh, want latest 9.4 9.6 9.8 or even 10.0 prices--gpa has it! Eat that OSPG!)

While I admit that I use GPAnalysis a lot, remember, it only shows prices for CGC books that have sold.

There are thousands of comic issues that have never been CGC'd and/or sold, so GPAnalysis is WORTHLESS on those books.

While I admit that I use GPAnalysis a lot, remember, it only shows prices for CGC books that have sold.

There are thousands of comic issues that have never been CGC'd and/or sold, so GPAnalysis is WORTHLESS on those books.

OK, we all know that. confused-smiley-013.gif

Still doesn't change my mind...GPA is a step in the right direction (online/real time), there's no reason why they can't add in data from other raw sales into the mix. Personally, I'd like to see raw, CGC, and average of all.

I'm talking about leadership and position. I'd rather see an updated CGC price in GPA than 6 months of stale [!@#%^&^] that comes from data that I can't verify. People need to wake up and smell the coffee beans--the OSPG was outdated by months before it went to the presses!! ...a snapshot in time that is barely relevant to our purchases...

i know and the trouble is you can't really make an online service like that for raw since you can not verify that a book sold on ebay as NM truly was. its a sticky spot for sure!

But Matthew, this still holds true for sales data from comic sellers. The lack of a consistent grading standard prevents any RAW sale to be truly accurate.

sterling is taking it to the streets!

thumbsup2.gif I really feel strongly about accurate information being readily available to all collectors, this OSPG is just an ancient method that needs to be revamped to the information age. Remember ordering your credit report and getting in the mail? Now, I get it online in a few minutes.

It's all about getting the information, NOW. We need a system to address this across the board, like the NYSE.

i know and the trouble is you can't really make an online service like that for raw since you can not verify that a book sold on ebay as NM truly was. its a sticky spot for sure!

But Matthew, this still holds true for sales data from comic sellers. The lack of a consistent grading standard prevents any RAW sale to be truly accurate.

I wouldn't discount reported raw sales as being inaccurate. When you factor in all the sales throughout the country (or at least the reported sales) then you have to average out all reported sales of a certain grade, coming up with something that is probably realistic. If there are 200 sales of a VF ASM #100 then the average grade of all books is going to be pretty darn close (if not exactly) a VF. Either that or ALL raw dealers cannot grade as a whole and are all inaccurate on one side of the VF (either all high or all low).. ------Sid