• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet Guide

80 posts in this topic

can someone please post the market reports from the OS guide? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thanks in advance, acclaim.gif

pimpy

sign-funnypost.gif

yeah, that's happen

wait a minute...wait...still typing...be another few minutes.... makepoint.gif

Ahhh.....just post the entire guide and be done with it.....

can someone please post the market reports from the OS guide? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thanks in advance, acclaim.gif

pimpy

sign-funnypost.gif

yeah, that's happen

wait a minute...wait...still typing...be another few minutes.... makepoint.gif

Ahhh.....just post the entire guide and be done with it.....

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

O.K. another n00b question....

why are all the Overstreet values so low compared to current pricing? Or am I just whacked out of my melon.

I have spent the last 60 days filling in my X-men collection, I am completely done now ( as most of you know )...I bought at least 45 - 60 comics, most to fill holes, some to "upgrade" the book I already had and EVERY SINGLE price I paid / see are way higher than the new Overstreet. Did the value of the books just drop?

It could very well just be me...I have been looking for Giant Size X-men #1 for an hour and can't find it in the guide...lol!!

BAH...it doesn't really matter, I am not selling....I just thought it was strange.

why are all the Overstreet values so low compared to current pricing? Or am I just whacked out of my melon.

I think you're whacked out of your melon. grin.gif

The OS 9.2 prices seem to be pretty close to the CGC 9.2 prices, with some actually higher than current sales prices.

I have been looking for Giant Size X-men #1 for an hour

Its under "Giant size..."

I don't have the guide yet, so I can't compare anything.

BUT -- for high grade keys, Overstreet is never right.

For midgrade, if the book has been hot for a while, the guide might be close when it comes out. (But the sales data is usually 4-8 months old or older by the time the book is printed.) If the book is hot or hard to find, the guide is wrong on the low side. If the book is not hot or hard to find, Overstreet is usually wrong on the high side.

The only way to find out what actual sales have been for CGC graded books is to get a subscription to GPAnalysis.com. You can get some of the same data by looking at ComicLink for recent sales or past issues of the Overstreet monthly price report or CGB, but GPAnalysis is the only comprehensive reporter of actual sales that I am aware of. Granted, it's only for CGC graded books, but in a way, that is good because you have a more reliable indicator of what the actual condition was of the book sold. There is no way to verify the grade of a reported sale of a raw book.

O.K. another n00b question....

I have spent the last 60 days filling in my X-men collection, I am completely done now ( as most of you know )...I bought at least 45 - 60 comics, most to fill holes, some to "upgrade" the book I had and EVERY SINGLE price I paid / see are way higher than the new Overstreet. Did the value of the books just drop?

It could very well just be me...I have been looking for Giant Size X-men #1 for an hour and can't find it in the guide...lol!!

BAH...it doesn't really matter, I am not selling....I just thought it was strange.

well i have given it a good solid once over. The market reports while ok, seemed to lack some meat, except for doug sulipa of course, who really fills it with the detail i like. I find it funny that tony starks is bemoaning rapidly declining sales while everyone else is experiencing growth. As i mentioned in a thread a couple months ago, i tried several times to buy books from Tony & sell books to Tony, and he just would never respond. Perhaps if his customer service skills were sharper he may sell some comics confused-smiley-013.gif

Green lantern #76 takes a big jump, As does asm 129

Spotlight #5 doesn't and should have

overall the 9.2 grades were a bit annoying as i like to compare the guide to last year & that makes it difficult. Low grades continue the trickle of a dollar to several on higher price books and not at all on many bronze books.

The photo section in the back has late bronze for the first time which was nice.

893blahblah.gif

My nomination for "Lamest Listing Ever". Even Wizard puts it with the other X-Men issues.

I see your point...and I would agree, if it were only the X-Men issue that were under the Giant Size title. I guess they feel it should be listed as all the rest are, by the true title. (Honestly, though...first time I searched for it, I looked under X-Men first, then under Uncanny...!! foreheadslap.gif)

cool...my brain is swollen after doing all this comic stuff over the last few weeks...I can't make heads or tails of anything.

I still can't figure out the CGC pricing. I joined for $99...I got my first 25 books ready to go, but the pricing guide is not n00b friendly. The price is this IF the value is under THIS and the price is this IF the value is over that. What value? I don't know what the value of the book is. My X-men #1 should be a very valueable book...I don't know where it fits...etc. etc. etc.

I'm a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point, why can't it just be...you have 25 book, it is $29.99...we'll get them back to you when they are done.

I am calling tomorrow CGC, so I am asking tonight...so I sound less stupid.

My nomination for "Lamest Listing Ever". Even Wizard puts it with the other X-Men issues.

27_laughing.gif....and we all know Wizard is the true source for all things comic related, especially prices and issue listings. 27_laughing.gif

I see your point...and I would agree, if it were only the X-Men issue that were under the Giant Size title. I guess they feel it should be listed as all the rest are, by the true title. (Honestly, though...first time I searched for it, I looked under X-Men first, then under Uncanny...!! foreheadslap.gif)

But there are TONS of similar cases, where King Size, or Annual, or some other term is on the top of the comic, but it's still listed underneath the main title.

That was the original reason for putting it in the Giant-Size area, as Bob stated that people looking at the cover would naturally go alphabetically to Giant Size.

Of course, that ignores other similar "Special Covers", and that 99% of people buying OS' are dealers or collectors. Wizard kicks OS hass in this case, and you can find all the X-Men, Batman, etc. books just by hitting the main title and then moving through the secondary listings alphabetically.

lol....and we all know Wizard is the true source for all things comic related, especially prices and issue listings. 27_laughing.gif

I was just stating that it's surprising that Wizard would be so superior to OS in terms of organizing books by character and then title.

If I were pricing or valueing a stack of 1970's X-Men issues by OS, the last thing I'd want to is hit #93, then have to hunt for the GS X-Men issue, and then to the back of the book again for #94.

For books like this, that happen in continuity with the regular comics, it makes no sense to not inlcude them with the main run.

But there are TONS of similar cases, where King Size, or Annual, or some other term is on the top of the comic, but it's still listed underneath the main title.

That was the original reason for putting it in the Giant-Size area, as Bob stated that people looking at the cover would naturally go alphabetically to Giant Size.

Of course, that ignores other similar "Special Covers", and that 99% of people buying OS' are dealers or collectors. Wizard kicks OS hass in this case, and you can find all the X-Men, Batman, etc. books just by hitting the main title and then moving through the secondary listings alphabetically.

It certainly is a conundrum..no doubt about it! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif