• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Evil Dead remake? Say it aint so!!

35 posts in this topic

So here we go with another remake of a true cult classic. Yes Raimi and Campbell's The Evil Dead is being remade under Raimi's Ghost House Pictures and is currently going through rewrites by Academy Award winning screenwriter Diablo Cody (Juno). While I have no real problem with remakes I hold Evil Dead up there with the true horror classics as far as originality and storytelling. My question is why not just do the long hoped for Evil Dead IV? There are a bunch of comments from the article I'd like to touch on but let's see what you guys think.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=79795

Ah man, according to my source (my g-friend, via Simon Pegg's Twitter account) EVIL DEAD 4 was in production. I hope that's right and your source is wrong... :wishluck:

Heck, ED 2 was already a remake of ED 1...

Yeah saw that on twitter too but Bruce has commented on it as well. Looks like the remake is legit.

I don't know why people are so mad about remakes, you don't like it for the fear it might ruin your memories of the original.....don't watch it.

The reason I dislike remakes is because it demonstrates a lack of originality and effort.

Isn't it exciting when someone does something fresh? Remember when MATRIX came out? Since then we've had about a million movies copy it's cinematography and slo-mo action sequences... :(

I don't know why people are so mad about remakes, you don't like it for the fear it might ruin your memories of the original.....don't watch it.

The reason I dislike remakes is because it demonstrates a lack of originality and effort.

Isn't it exciting when someone does something fresh? Remember when MATRIX came out? Since then we've had about a million movies copy it's cinematography and slo-mo action sequences... :(

About the only remake I felt didn't ruin the original was Dawn Of The Dead. It stuck to and respected the source material but added something different for a new generation.

About the only remake I felt didn't ruin the original was Dawn Of The Dead. It stuck to and respected the source material but added something different for a new generation.

I enjoyed that one, but the original is still better IMHO, and please don't get me started on running corpses...

I enjoyed that one, but the original is still better IMHO, and please don't get me started on running corpses...

True the original is awesome and as far as running corpses I love Romero zombies but wouldn't it suck a lot more if they could catch up to you. Kind of added to the suspense.

As long as Raimi and Campbell are still involved, I'm down with it.

If they weren't, I'd be more receptive to Diablo Cody doing Juno 2: Look Who's Talking

:jokealert:

[font:Arial Black] Evil Dead Rejigger Getting Rewritten By Diablo Cody – But How Rewritten? [/font] http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/07/13/evil-dead-rejigger-getting-rewritten-by-diablo-cody-but-how-rewritten/

True the original is awesome and as far as running corpses I love Romero zombies but wouldn't it suck a lot more if they could catch up to you. Kind of added to the suspense.

Yeah, but less believable. I know, I know, animated corpses in and of themselves is unbelievable, but somehow it feels feasible as long as they shamble along like the rotting corpses they are. The 'reality' of it is what makes it terrifying to me, but my suspension of disbelief, and ultimately fear, is all gone once they start sprinting... On the other hand it works well in 28 DAYS LATER, because they're NOT dead.

What about the upcoming The Thing preboot?

Prequel?

Never was into The Thing that much, but I think prequels are kind of a cool idea

Yes,The Thing prequel takes place before the events of the 1982 movie.

Link

Got no problem with that one and lets remember Carpenter's Thing was a remake itself that I believe improved on the original.