• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morning Glories #1. Sell Now or Get Graded and Sell Later?

21 posts in this topic

I don't follow moderns anymore, but I came across several copies of MG #1, including the LARRY'S variant. No need for multiples, so I'm going to sell the doubles. Should I sell them raw right now, or take the time to have them graded?

The latter will take a few months due to the slow CGC summer turn around. Is this a non-issue or should I sell now while the iron is hot and avoid the risk of them cooling off? Is MG maintaining it's momentum? According to GPA sales have been steady for over a year. Do you guys think the current price will hold if I wait a few months?

Thanks! (thumbs u

I would wait until it wins the Eisner for best new series this year and then the announcement of some network buying the rights.

Definitely get some graded.

(The ones not sold to Branget and me)

Not the Larry's though as they are now selling it $14.99 BIN w/ free shipping,

I don't follow moderns anymore, but I came across several copies of MG #1, including the LARRY'S variant. No need for multiples, so I'm going to sell the doubles. Should I sell them raw right now, or take the time to have them graded?

They'd be worth more if you hadn't come across them.

Although the Cherry Poptart crowd may not care.

They'd be worth more if you hadn't come across them.

Although the Cherry Poptart crowd may not care.

???

Is it full of sex and nudity?

Thanks gang!!! I might just put a few raw ones up for sale and get the nicest one(s) graded.

Larry's variant has fallen in value from around $50 to $10-20 currently.

MG still sells raw in NM $30-50 and it floats around in there all day. Values are higher on 30 days versus auctions, but that doesnt stop sellers from using the auction format.

I am switching to trades soon, but I am still enjoying it. I think the writer is just fleshing out all the characters one at a time until they are all ready then to focus on their birthday thing again. It has gotten a bit tiresome, but man its written well.

I think its still a long term hold because when I walk into the LCS buyers are still talking about it.

based on the dollar box at my LCS, the series lost some momentum I guess as I have picked up the non #1 issues via that route (and some later print of #1). of course, that doesn't mean #1 will tank as that was a slight surprise to some and the print-run wasn't big, like chew.

but it doesn't look like the next WD, where issues 1 - 12/15 or so sell for some sort of premium.

personally, it's sad that these #1s that people got into because the stories were good (forget about skullkickers 1 for a moment...although I thought that was fun and loved the covers) seem to crash 95% of the time and don't even stay up for long. by and large these books have very small print-runs (which is why they can become $20-$50 books overnight) and the #s could sustain longer term premium pricing (like WD and Chew (for now)), but the interweb makes for a fickle lot. Price crashes made more sense years ago when 200,000 - 1,000,000 copies of some issue wound up flooding the market, but the print-runs of so many of these books would qualify as limited editions in other eras.

You wouldn't know if it's the next WD for years. It's doing better then most of the inflated Image #1's. It's certainly not the roller coaster that is Chew.

You wouldn't know if it's the next WD for years. It's doing better then most of the inflated Image #1's. It's certainly not the roller coaster that is Chew.
Soooo, does that mean you no longer want my copies? Oh well, I'll recycle them then... (:

Soooo, does that mean you no longer want my copies? Oh well, I'll recycle them then... (:

I said nothing about not wanting ;)

Seems like prices have stalled since I sold mine. I would get rid of them if I were you, but I don't think holding onto them for a while would necessarily hurt either.

I hope it doesn't get an Eisner. I was disappointed with the series. Is Blue Estate an ongoing? I'm digging that one.

Bingo!! (thumbs u

Easily outpaces any other newer modern out recently. Its just irritating some because there has been no reveal yet. Just more character development/origin so far. I doubt it will ever be a WD its a in a league by itself.

You should get these graded. This series has held it's prices for #1 and #2. Graded #1s sell a lot better than ungraded copies. I've been following this series for the last year, and ungraded #1s are hit and miss on eBay right now. Some times ungraded #1s go for as low as $12 and as high as $50. Most bidding auctions are selling for around $20 and most Buy It Now listings are selling for around $45 delivered.

CGC 9.8s are consistently selling for around $100 to $120. 9.6s are worth grading as they've been selling in the $80 range. Even 9.4s are selling for around $60. So I would get them graded and then sell them.