• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guinness recognizes largest comic book collection!

121 posts in this topic

oh brother.

It gets better:

"Most of the comics are in mint condition and they will be behind glass, but people will be able to get within inches of them to have a look," he said.

:whistle:

For only $20k, you can be the new Guinness world record holder!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170667817635

I was just thinking the same thing.. lol

I would be more impressed with the highest valued collection, frankly.

After the crash of 1993, I could have had 500,000 comics for around $25,000, but there are only so many pallets of Rai and the Future Force #9 a man needs.

"There are other collections that have more comic books but I am told I have the largest private collection," inMyCommunity quoted him.

Well, my collection is probably somewhere between 60-65,000. Should I give it a go and buy a few thousand quarter books in the next couple of months and then give those Guinness lads a call. hm

In all seriousness, I'm absolutely certain that there are many larger private collection in the States and around the globe. :sumo:

I think i'd rather have 1/10th of the collections of any number of board members here than this guy's.

Hell, i'd rather have just a handful of Bedrock or Adamstrange's books than all of this guy's collection. If the pick is any indication of what's in it.

Well, my collection is probably somewhere between 60-65,000. Should I give it a go and buy a few thousand quarter books in the next couple of months and then give those Guinness lads a call.

Do it.... this guy seems kinda like a fame seeker to me! Just very well might give him a ego-check.... :kidaround:

Well, my collection is probably somewhere between 60-65,000. Should I give it a go and buy a few thousand quarter books in the next couple of months and then give those Guinness lads a call.

Might even be some kinda trophy or plaque or something? Bragging rights? :roflmao:

Might even be some kinda trophy or plaque or something? Bragging rights? :roflmao:

That would certainly put a crimp into his museum tour idea. lol

oh brother.

It gets better:

"Most of the comics are in mint condition and they will be behind glass, but people will be able to get within inches of them to have a look," he said.

:whistle:

So that means they aren't even close to mint. :shy:

Dont know if this has been posted yet but here it is!

http://www.worldrecordsacademy.org/collections/biggest_comic_book_collection_Brett_Chilman_sets_world_record_112356.html

Do any aussie members know this guy? Is he a boardie? hm

I don't think Guinness is connected to this "record".

And a quick check of this particular website makes me think of the world credibility. Maybe I'm wrong though. :shrug:

After the crash of 1993, I could have had 500,000 comics for around $25,000, but there are only so many pallets of Rai and the Future Force #9 a man needs.

:roflmao: I cannot stop laughing!!!

You wouldn't be laughing if it was YOU with the pallets Rai #9... or Hard Corps... or Armorines. Poor Bulldog... :sorry:

At 5 cents each for that stuff you'd be paying full retail. Bulk at 500,000 you'd only need to pay $5-10,000.

You wouldn't be laughing if it was YOU with the pallets Rai #9... or Hard Corps... or Armorines. Poor Bulldog... :sorry:

Don't you go feeling bad for ol' Greg Buls....he's made out just fine over the decades....

This "World Records Academy" is just a bunch of nonsense. They throw in actual Guiness records to confuse people into thinking this is one of them.

I have easily double this, and my collection is private, too.

:screwy:

My mind is officially boggled! :ohnoez:

This guy has over 60,000 comics and the best he could come up with for his Guinness photo is some Simpsons comics in a glass case like he's displaying the Mona Lisa??? ???

This "World Records Academy" is just a bunch of nonsense. They throw in actual Guiness records to confuse people into thinking this is one of them.

You don't have any 125,000 comic books, fool.

You don't have any 125,000 comic books, fool.

Really...?

Wanna bet...?

I'll put up my Primer #2 SS by Sam Kieth.

What will you put up against that...?