• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guinness recognizes largest comic book collection!

121 posts in this topic

This "World Records Academy" is just a bunch of nonsense. They throw in actual Guiness records to confuse people into thinking this is one of them.

I have easily double this, and my collection is private, too.

:screwy:

You don't have any 125,000 comic books, fool.

Really...?

Wanna bet...?

I'll put up my Primer #2 SS by Sam Kieth.

What will you put up against that...?

I hear that he gives a mean foot massage.

This "World Records Academy" is just a bunch of nonsense. They throw in actual Guiness records to confuse people into thinking this is one of them.

RMA, do you have like 1,500 copies of every McFarlane book from the 80's as well as 2,000 each of every once hot Batman book from the 80's?

Threads like these remind me I need to do some triage. Luckily my "acquisitions" tend to be maybe 30-60 comics a week (sometimes more, sometimes less). Of course, that adds up to about 2,000 - 3,000 a year....so we're talking about a solid 7 - 13 long boxes a year. It starts adding up.

Really...?

Wanna bet...?

I hear that he gives a mean foot massage.

Pass.

I actually think the choice of the Simpsons make sense. In terms of lay-person popularity, the Simpsons is probably right up there with Superman or Batman.

Huh?!? What is it 1995 again?

I'm trying to think of anyone i know thats watched the Simpsons in the last 5 years or so and am drawing a total blank (shrug)

Really...?

Wanna bet...?

Does not compute based upon previous discussions of total number of longboxes. leaves only 3 conclusions:

(a) You have tesseract style "Longboxes of Holding" that can hold 550 bagged and boarded books.

(b) You were wrong before

© You are wrong now.

No matter what, I am epic WIN.

RMA, do you have like 1,500 copies of every McFarlane book from the 80's as well as 2,000 each of every once hot Batman book from the 80's?

Threads like these remind me I need to do some triage. Luckily my "acquisitions" tend to be maybe 30-60 comics a week (sometimes more, sometimes less). Of course, that adds up to about 2,000 - 3,000 a year....so we're talking about a solid 7 - 13 long boxes a year. It starts adding up.

I've got two short boxes+ full of just Batman #426-429. 75+ copies of #429 alone :eek:

IMG_1176.jpg

I had, until I broke it open, a sealed case of Darker Image #1 Gold ( :eyeroll: ) 150 to a case, plus loose randoms = 175 or so.

I don't have acres of multiples, but I do have wide swaths of just about everything from 1965-up. My Marvel and DC 1980's sets are 98-99% complete. How many books did Marvel and DC print during the 80's...?

Really...?

Wanna bet...?

Does not compute based upon previous discussions of total number of longboxes. leaves only 3 conclusions:

(a) You have tesseract style "Longboxes of Holding" that can hold 550 bagged and boarded books.

(b) You were wrong before

© You are wrong now.

No matter what, I am epic WIN.

d. You don't pay attention to half of what is said, because approximately 500 long boxes = approximately 125,000, which is what I said.

Epic win, indeed....

Revisionist history.

Says the guy who had a Batman #181 signed by Carmine Infantino and then subbed that was missing an entire centerfold....

Yeah, you're a details guy fo sho.

:cloud9:

That was from trusting my LCS. In a twist of delicious irony, one of the Infantinos I was doing was for him, because he looooooves Carmine. So he got the .5 :devil:

You are a twit.

Revisionist history.

Says the guy who had a Batman #181 signed by Carmine Infantino and then subbed that was missing an entire centerfold....

Yeah, you're a details guy fo sho.

:cloud9:

That was from trusting my LCS. In a twist of delicious irony, one of the Infantinos I was doing was for him, because he looooooves Carmine. So he got the .5 :devil:

You are a twit.

:acclaim:

Learn to count pages.