• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guinness recognizes largest comic book collection!

121 posts in this topic

My mind is officially boggled! :ohnoez:

This guy has over 60,000 comics and the best he could come up with for his Guinness photo is some Simpsons comics in a glass case like he's displaying the Mona Lisa??? ???

How much is that book worth?

My mind is officially boggled! :ohnoez:

This guy has over 60,000 comics and the best he could come up with for his Guinness photo is some Simpsons comics in a glass case like he's displaying the Mona Lisa??? ???

How much is that book worth?

$5 on a good day.

So, nobody knows this guy?? I want to sell him mylars for those 68,000 comics.

:popcorn:

lol

I dont think he has any books valuable enough to waste money on bags and boards from what i see hm

B, B, But his collection is worth $1M. Someone should do this guy a favor and tell him to call me. I'm doing this for him, and more importantly, those Simpson Comics.

Someone said earlier and I guarantee it's the truth. He has tens of thousands of moderns that guide says are worth $3,4,5 dollars apiece when in reality, you'd be luck to sell them in 50 cent boxes.

lol

I dont think he has any books valuable enough to waste money on bags and boards from what i see hm

B, B, But his collection is worth $1M. Someone should do this guy a favor and tell him to call me. I'm doing this for him, and more importantly, those Simpson Comics.

Someone said earlier and I guarantee it's the truth. He has tens of thousands of moderns that guide says are worth $3,4,5 dollars apiece when in reality, you'd be luck to sell them in 50 cent boxes.

I know i know. To me, every comic should be bagged and boarded. That my goal, lol

cha-ching!

I only have around 2,500, but I'll be PMing pretty soon for bags, boards and boxes. :)

Sounds good. Thanks. Just keep note that we will not be here next week as we will be in San Diego.

Oh man, I wish we could go :cry: Maybe next year. Have fun

far from it, but 99% of this thread seems to be slagging the bloke off, we are all collectors of the same item, fair play to him if he has that many and no doubles or so on, so what aswell if $1 or $100,000

far from it, but 99% of this thread seems to be slagging the bloke off, we are all collectors of the same item, fair play to him if he has that many and no doubles or so on, so what aswell if $1 or $100,000

Because:

1. It's incorrect. I imagine there are hundreds of people with bigger personal collections.

2. It looks like a very thinly veiled advertisment.

3. The subject of the article likely has no idea, and probably wouldn't care, that we're discussing him.

there are probably thousands that can beat him but all he done is set the bar for the rest of us to beat!!

From what i see of that collection, he aint exactly setting much of a bar to beat other than maybe quantity over quality.

Guys here on the boards like cheetah, ghost town and a lot of others(not to mention the guys who arent even on the registry!) are setting a MUCH higher bar to strive for than this guy if you ask me.

Those guys have THOUSANDS of slabs, most of which are HG examples of some of the nicest, rarest, most expensive comics in the world. I'll never even come remotely close but personally thats what i'm shooting for not some guy with an load of simpsons and Beavis and Butthead comics (thumbs u

His children are also named after comic book characters: Tristen from Stardust, Logan from Wolverine and Isabelle from Beauty and the Beast.

Isabelle? Really? Who the spoon is Isabelle? And that's your example of naming your kid after a comic book character?

In my personal collection, I probably have that many "unique" comics. I do have alot of quarter bin caca in there, but I also have a decent Silver Age assortment. ;)

Store backstock is definitely over 68K.

After seeing some of the scans/ pics of the amazing Golden age books you guys have, I would gladly trade quantity for quality. :cloud9:

Because:

1. It's incorrect. I imagine there are hundreds of people with bigger personal collections.

3. The subject of the article likely has no idea, and probablty wouldn't care, that we're discussing him.

If I were in the book of world records, I'd google myself daily to see if anyone was talking about me. As it stands, I google myself weekly, in the off chance that some girl is talking about my pecker.

Because:

3. The subject of the article likely has no idea, and probably wouldn't care, that we're discussing him.

If I were in the book of world records, I'd google myself daily to see if anyone was talking about me. As it stands, I google myself weekly, in the off chance that some girl is talking about my pecker.

Who doesn't...?