• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A flip of a coin, and a rare foreign key……

77 posts in this topic

Hey, if you guys can think of a more intersting way to do this? Lets discuss it... hm

Instead of a coin flip have it be Russian Roulette. And have them do it in a cage with a honey badger.

Stick around. I still 4927 synonyms left to unleash.

You're missing a verb.

The devil's in the details.

(insert witty seanfingh response below.)

I am so cool that I am allowed to write sentences "verb understood."

I recently made a somewhat high $ purchase (mid 3 digits) from a boardie on a time payment plan. Before I made my 1st payment, I saw the same issue for sale with a 1 point higher grade for just a few dollars more. Was I tempted to make an offer on that one instead? Of course. For about 10 seconds. But I don't do that kind of thing. The first boardie took his book out of his sales thread for me and he generously agreed to my time payment offer. If I had backed out, there is a remote chance he would not have been able to sell it in another thread.

Like the Joker said, "I'm a man of my woooooord."

You're missing a verb.

EDIT: and you already edited it.... lol

That's because I had to go back and see what your stupid number was so i didn't have to deal with that nitpicky tripe. :P

You're missing a verb.

EDIT: and you already edited it.... lol

That's because I had to go back and see what your stupid number was so i didn't have to deal with that nitpicky tripe. :P

Too late.

I recently made a somewhat high $ purchase (mid 3 digets) from a boardie on a time payment plan. Before I made my 1st payment, I saw the same issue for sale with a 1 point higher grade for just a few dollars more. Was I tempted to make an offer on that one instead? Of course. For about 10 seconds. But I don't do that kind of thing. The first boardie took his book out of his sales thread for me and he generously agreed to my time payment offer. If I had backed out, there is a remote chance he would not have been able to sell it in another thread.

Why not buy both..?

Hoarding. :cloud9:

Reminds me of my favorite craigslist buy story. Guy agrees to sell a collection for cash amount. About an hour or two later, I fill up the car and stop by the house to get some things, and plan the drive across the bridge several towns away to make the transaction -- I play back a call on the machine, '... oh er, uh, some dealer guy made a better offer and I gave it to him already, so I don't have them anymore. Thanks for the offer though.'

Have similar stories in the real estate world, but nevertheless, they always leave you with that, what a difficult decision the poor guy had to make, feeling.

I recently made a somewhat high $ purchase (mid 3 digets) from a boardie on a time payment plan. Before I made my 1st payment, I saw the same issue for sale with a 1 point higher grade for just a few dollars more. Was I tempted to make an offer on that one instead? Of course. For about 10 seconds. But I don't do that kind of thing. The first boardie took his book out of his sales thread for me and he generously agreed to my time payment offer. If I had backed out, there is a remote chance he would not have been able to sell it in another thread.

I consider myself as well, but when I saw how badly they both wanted it I started thinking about it differently. I contacted Liaton and told him how badly Chespirito wanted this book. I told him what was being offered and my idea. Liaton was ok with this..... If he hadnt have been I would have just traded it to him. Liaton is a stand-up guy and was perfectly fine with it as far as I could tell.

Reminds me of my favorite craigslist buy story. Guy agrees to sell a collection for cash amount. About an hour or two later, I fill up the car and stop by the house to get some things, and plan the drive across the bridge several towns away to make the transaction -- I play back a call on the machine, '... oh er, uh, some dealer guy made a better offer and I gave it to him already, so I don't have them anymore. Thanks for the offer though.'

Have similar stories in the real estate world, but nevertheless, they always leave you with that, what a tragic decision the poor guy had to make, feeling.

Thats just it... both offers are awesome and as far as I am concerned I wouldnt mind having both. Whoever wins, I win some amazing books! Im not trying to do Liaton wrong here, I really like the guy. I asked him about this and I got no ill will from him.

Hey, if you guys can think of a more intersting way to do this? Lets discuss it... hm

Fight to the death would be WAY more interesting and entertaining...and if you put it on PPV like deathrace etc think you could rake in some serious coin. lol

Fight to the death would be WAY more interesting and entertaining...and if you put it on PPV like deathrace etc think you could rake in some serious coin. lol

Foxy boxing.

Why not buy both..?

Hoarding. :cloud9:

lol 'Cause I had another purchase on hold. Trust me, if I could have I would have.

I consider myself as well, but when I saw how badly they both wanted it I started thinking about it differently. I contacted Liaton and told him how badly Chespirito wanted this book. I told him what was being offered and my idea. Liaton was ok with this..... If he hadnt have been I would have just traded it to him. Liaton is a stand-up guy and was perfectly fine with it as far as I could tell.

That's okay. I never contacted the seller of the book. He has no idea of my temptation, unless he reads this and puts 2+2 together. I saw no need.

I'm sorry if you thought I implied you're not a man of your word :foryou: I was just offering my similar situation as an example.

If the 3 of you are happy with whatever solution you come up with, great.