• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you reference the kudos threads?

Do you reference the kudos forum?  

285 members have voted

1. 1. Do you reference the kudos forum?

57 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, the Kudos Thread is an utter waste of time. It's back-slapping of the worst kind and makes the eBay feedback system look like a true indicator of quality. meh

I think you're keen. (thumbs u

Unfortunately, the Kudos Thread is an utter waste of time. It's back-slapping of the worst kind and makes the eBay feedback system look like a true indicator of quality. meh

I think you're keen. (thumbs u

Only when someone asks me to post a kudo for them. I don't have a kudos thread, unless someone started one for me. Never looked for it, don't care about it. Waste of space, if you ask me.

So if its a waste of time, whats the solution?

How does a new seller get started?

I had success with selling slabs but nothing on the raw books.

Completely agree...

I don't buy alot here,but I have stopped buying through ebay pretty much since I started here.I sometimes read what others say about a person,just to get an idea of what kind of seller/person they are.As Al Pacino in Scarface says " In this life all I have is my word and my balls,and I don't break em for nobody" .

Because of the forum kudos thread I had faith in purchasing one of the coolest runs That I never would have bought otherwise,from Bosco/Nick.A Caliber Presents #1(1st Crow) and The Crow 1-4 ,so I think it's a great tool.Specially when your a noob who does'nt have a big post count,or has'nt been here long to establish his or her reputation.Thanks again Nick for an insanely cool run of books,I am forever greatful. :applause:

A new seller gets started like the new sellers got started the first 9 years the boards were up...

And don't tell me that things are different now because there are a lot of new members, the huge jump in membership started around 2006 - 2007 and the kudos threads weren't even a glint in someone's eye.

Offer 100% refund and hassle free return, provide large and decent scans, and most of all, get involved in the boards, do not come here with the sole intent of using this as a cheap way to unload your books. Be part of the community, make friends, make contacts, if you are unsure about your grading use the forum to establish a grade for a certain books. (thumbs u

A new seller gets started like the new sellers got started the first 9 years the boards were up...

And don't tell me that things are different now because there are a lot of new members, the huge jump in membership started around 2006 - 2007 and the kudos threads weren't even a glint in someone's eye.

Offer 100% refund and hassle free return, provide large and decent scans, and most of all, get involved in the boards, do not come here with the sole intent of using this as a cheap way to unload your books. Be part of the community, make friends, make contacts, if you are unsure about your grading use the forum to establish a grade for a certain books. (thumbs u

(worship)

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000

I don't. I have a hard time searching for buyer's names on dial-up to leave kudos even. I have to go through way too many screens to find out they don't even have a feedback thread. It really breaks you. I usually just wait to see if their names hit page #1 now. I really hate Arch for incoporating this new set-up upon us. I wish there was an alternate kudos thread the old way to better cater to the dial-up crowd. :sumo:

Only when someone asks me to post a kudo for them. I don't have a kudos thread, unless someone started one for me. Never looked for it, don't care about it. Waste of space, if you ask me.

Same here. "MOST" and I would dare say Nearly ALL sellers/buyers here are pretty good about the conditions of books, paying, shipping, comunication..etc. so I don't really worry about it.

Also, most of us can spot a scammer and if a seller/buyer doesn't do what they are suppose to do for a transaction, they will be skinned alive and boiled in oil around here. They will be marked for life....or until they've learned their lesson and are ready to do things right. Just my 2c

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000

One of the best ways to participate in the community is to be a regular, dependable buyer on the Boards.

Being a buyer & active Boardie might not directly translate into increased sales but you will have fun, learn a few things, acquire sweet books & make some friends along the way.

I don't. I have a hard time searching for buyer's names on dial-up to leave kudos even. I have to go through way too many screens to find out they don't even have a feedback thread. It really breaks you. I usually just wait to see if their names hit page #1 now. I really hate Arch for incoporating this new set-up upon us. I wish there was an alternate kudos thread the old way to better cater to the dial-up crowd. :sumo:
The easier way to search is to open the Kudo Forum, go to the bottom of the page under Display Options. Where is says Sort By - choose Thread Starter (this will alphabetize posts by the person who started the Kudo thread)

(thumbs u

That is why Arch wanted everyone to start their own Kudos thread rather than have it started by others.