• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The book you regret buying the most.....

80 posts in this topic

A little spin on the recent thread, we've all seen what people regret selling, but what do you regret buying?

The one for me that springs to mind, the Amazing Spider-Man Obama Variant 1st print.

I think I paid £40 for it and had it slabbed, "this issue is hot!" I was told. It came back a 9.6 and it took me a year to get rid of it, didn't make a profit, just about covered cost.

"Stick to you what you know" I said to myself afterwards. I know Batman, I will stick with Batman!

Anyone else?

I remember spending $125 on Captain America 102 VF signed by Stan Lee. I didn't know about CGC yet and their SS books :( Oh well thank god for these boards I am full of comic knowledge despite only being here for a short period.

I regret bying my very first Marvel comic (a Defender issue). I was hooked and own well over 10.000 comics now. If I would not have bought that first issue I might have saved a couple of $ to do some other stuff.... OK, no ... wait... I don't regret it at all...

Any 90's books off the rack.

Crazy thing is I bought multiples of some of these books...

what was I thinking?

I have a short box full of stuff like Mai the Psychic Girl, Area 88, and Kamui. Multiple copies of first issues etc, etc :P

Youngblood 1.

First Modern Age book

First book from the awesomness known as 90's Image drek

Drawn by "Fan favourite" Rob Liefeld

Has anyone ever succesfully sold a copy?

I once tried using a copy to line my cat's litter tray but it gave her constipation.

what was I thinking?

I have a short box full of stuff like Mai the Psychic Girl, Area 88, and Kamui. Multiple copies of first issues etc, etc :P

Is the 90's the worst era for comic books?

I don't know that it's any better or worse than any other decades really. We're just more familiar with the 90's duds as they are recent but any given time period published loads of carp.

what was I thinking?

Is the 90's the worst era for comic books?

IMHO - Yes, that's not to say that there wasn't the odd highlight such as Marvels, Kingdom Come & Batman : The Long Halloween. But there was a hell of alot of drek!