• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My market report not in new ospg

90 posts in this topic

One cool example that has eluded being listed is Out of the Night #4. If you have a copy check out the 7-page story, Phantom Fliers, by Al Williamson. There is some nice Frazetta inking handiwork in there.

I do, and I did (two weeks ago, believe it or not). My problem is I read with my camera, take pictures of interesting pages/panels, then can't remember what book it came from. I thought these two came from a Forbidden Worlds, but nope, it was OOTN #4 :blush:

FW%252520wmson.jpg

FW%252520wmson%252520%2525282%252529.JPG

Gator, next time, more time.

Nobody and I mean nobody knows more about the Gold market than do you. You want him on your side, if you are on the fence about collecting or what to collect talk to him. There have been collector's and dealers who had a crystal ball view of collecting, a very few....but they do exist....you are one in my opinion.

. I was also right about another thing...no way I would every play you in poker...no way.

Gator, next time, more time.

Nobody and I mean nobody knows more about the Gold market than do you. You want him on your side, if you are on the fence about collecting or what to collect talk to him. There have been collector's and dealers who had a crystal ball view of collecting, a very few....but they do exist....you are one in my opinion.

. I was also right about another thing...no way I would every play you in poker...no way.

Nah! Mitch, play poker with Rick and everybody wins!

Pat C has started posting here a bit more. Don't be shy, you guys have tons

of information to share.

I have reams of notes on oddball stuff I need to get in order some day, but I'll take that as a cue to chime in more often. What is Pat's ID? I always loved reading his stuff. I wish Michelle Nolan was on here. When I was in the APA-I her submissions made her CBM Nolan's Notebook stuff look like Cliff's Notes.

Off the top of my head its pcalhoun. Been posting a lot in bangzoom's wonderful thread along with theagenes, Mr Bedrock and a few of us who love the more offbeat historical stuff! But adamstrange and David Merryweather have also recently started threads about the early days of collecting.

I've also wondered why Michelle doesnt post here - her CBM articles were always so enlightening and have a way of sticking in the memory.

She came to a forum dinner in Chicago in... 2006? (time flies) It was great talking to her.

(and I think this is he first time I've posted in about three months. Did I miss anything?)

So we got our weekly shipment in yesterday (ups fluke). And I quickly grabbed the new guide to thumb through and noticed my report was not in there :cry:

Well, you still have all of us :grin:

Is that supposed to make Gator feel better Mike? :sumo:

Of course. I'm sure we will all be happy to read it :grin:

Gotcha, I remember the name from the old CBM days. Glad to know ya!

I also remember the name. Low post count but lots of cattle. Glad you are here

Jeff.

Thanks a lot, Dave! (thumbs u

I have that curse that where I so much as look at a thread too long I kill it so after 4 years my count is beyond dismal. I lurk, and read as much as I can though, and I have always enjoyed your posts. I chat with a bunch of the boardies via PM but maybe it's about time I start to try to get that number up, huh?

Or call on the phone :whistle:

Pat C has started posting here a bit more. Don't be shy, you guys have tons

of information to share.

I have reams of notes on oddball stuff I need to get in order some day, but I'll take that as a cue to chime in more often. What is Pat's ID? I always loved reading his stuff. I wish Michelle Nolan was on here. When I was in the APA-I her submissions made her CBM Nolan's Notebook stuff look like Cliff's Notes.

Off the top of my head its pcalhoun. Been posting a lot in bangzoom's wonderful thread along with theagenes, Mr Bedrock and a few of us who love the more offbeat historical stuff! But adamstrange and David Merryweather have also recently started threads about the early days of collecting.

I've also wondered why Michelle doesnt post here - her CBM articles were always so enlightening and have a way of sticking in the memory.

She came to a forum dinner in Chicago in... 2006? (time flies) It was great talking to her.

(and I think this is he first time I've posted in about three months. Did I miss anything?)

Michelle currently writes a column for the Comic Buyers' Guide. They are every bit as informative as her arttcles in Comic Book Marketplace were. It's too bad that the page count of Comic Buyer's Guide has dwindled down to about 45-50 pages. I have a feeling that the majority of Golden and Silver Age Comic collectors no longer subscribes to it. I saw her briefly Comic-Con this year.

SLR