• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LIEFELD vs NEAL ADAMS (w/poll)

107 posts in this topic

So all you folks that loooooove Liefeld please PM me. I've got a couple longboxes of his krap that I haven't been able to give away for 10 years that I'd like to sell you. I'd be willing to bet that I couldn't get a buck a piece for those books if I was set up right next to those ten mile long lines that Liefeld has at the cons that everyone is raving about.

As much as Adams's Batman Odyssey sucked (it was absolute rubbish), there is not one Liefeld book I would spend money on before I would pick up extra copies of Odyssey.

Although I'm sure he's a very nice guy, my God I hate what Rob Liefeld helped do to comics. IMO he doesn't get enough blame. He can take his long lines and shove them up his . :sick:

Ok, Just to be fair, Erik Larsen should take some of the blame too.

Assuming I fall into your category of "folks that loooooove Liefeld," I must say I come at it from the comfortable place of neither owning nor having read a single comic of his. Until I met him, the only exposure I had was that "40 worst..." site. Perversely, it was the site that brought me to him, and once I saw how pleasant he was to talk to, the Mary Marvel commission was a no-brainer.

I'm sure he's a nice guy and the Mary Marvel sketch is an enjoyable one.

That doesn't make up for helping to destroy the comics industry in the 90's with over-hyped bad art and driving me away from the hobby for ten years. :sumo:

Actually people should be blaming the publishers for what happened to comics in the 90's along with peoples greed. Not just a couple of artists.

Actually people should be blaming the publishers for what happened to comics in the 90's along with peoples greed. Not just a couple of artists.

You can blame whoever you want. I know who I'm blaming. :mad:

I'm pretty sure global warming is his fault too.

liefeld-mary-marvel-caf.jpg

There. Y'see? Another Liefeld sketch from a convention that doesn't look half bad. It couldn't have took him long because there's a line forming. This suggests to me he spends 99.9% of his alloted time to draw a comic doing God knows what, then spits out 20 pages in an hour! HE SUX!!! Unfortunately, he sux all the way to the bank.

EDIT- I don't actually know if this was done AT the show or not.

It does seem that the people that hate Liefeld most have several thousand of his comics hm

I probably have three, read maybe ten when I was a kid. I am definitely not in the market for any of his comics, don't think I ever really was except for early on in the New Mutants run when I was in elementary school

Some of us that were already adults during the New Mutant days thought we'd get rich off these books, so we bought into the speculation and purchased many copies. I'll admit, for myself anyway, that is partly why I "hate" him. Sure it's my fault for not thinking, but it doesn't change the fact that his art sux.

:news:

Liefeld (say what you will) draws 10x the crowd of neal adams.

Completely true.

Seconded. His lines at the convention appearances are crazy. He takes waaaay too much heat for the 90s era. And heck, he's one of the few guys from that time period that still does regular pencil work.

Gotta agree.

I'm not a fan, but I'll attest to the crowds. He was the headliner (along with Jim Lee) a few years back in B'more. I was stunned at the number of fans in his line.

He's alot more popular "out there" than he is here.

I've been over that '40 worst...' page a bunch of times, and it's all hilarious. I also got this at a show this year:

liefeld-mary-marvel-caf.jpg

Liefeld was totally approachable, seemed like a happy enough fellow, and was totally jazzed to be asked for a drawing of a character other than Deadpool.

I'm anything but a fan of his, but that actually looks ok, and I'm a MARY MARVEL fan.

(thumbs u

Completely true.

Several professional wrestlers can claim the same, what appeals to the masses and what is considered highest quality are usually diametrically opposed.

True. That said, I'm not really sure what the poll is asking. Is the OP asking him to settle a bet as to which creator has longer lines at cons or is he asking which art the board members prefer? (shrug)

I wanted to know who people would rather see at a con. I didn't actually think there were any LIEFELD fans out there, because you never see any love for him, just bashing threads.

Completely true.

Several professional wrestlers can claim the same, what appeals to the masses and what is considered highest quality are usually diametrically opposed.

True. That said, I'm not really sure what the poll is asking. Is the OP asking him to settle a bet as to which creator has longer lines at cons or is he asking which art the board members prefer? (shrug)

I wanted to know who people would rather see at a con. I didn't actually think there were any LIEFELD fans out there, because you never see any love for him, just bashing threads.

It's hard to imagine that anyone would rather see Liefeld than Neal Adams. I mean, Neal Adams is one of the top, most SPOONing awesome comic artists of all time. The only down side to the Adams con experience is how hard he tries to squeeze loot out of his fans. As long as you're not there to deluge him with Deadpool stuff, Liefeld is a more comfortable hang.

Completely true.

It's hard to imagine that anyone would rather see Liefeld than Neal Adams. I mean, Neal Adams is one of the top, most SPOONing awesome comic artists of all time. The only down side to the Adams con experience is how hard he tries to squeeze loot out of his fans. As long as you're not there to deluge him with Deadpool stuff, Liefeld is a more comfortable hang.

It's a shame to hear that ADAMS is like this, but it makes sense doesn't it? ADAMS is a legend who didn't make money in his time from I understand, and LIEFELD, a babe in comparison, is loaded. I can understand why NEAL is somewhat jaded and looking to make every penny possible. I think he's earned it. (thumbs u

Completely true.

Wonder what kind of welcome he'd get on the boards? hm

Neal didn't last too long.

Completely true.

Please elaborate.

Completely true.

Please elaborate.

Neal Adams joined the boards one upon a time. :o

It was a momentous day. :cloud9:

He was run off shortly thereafter. :blush:

"We" wanted to talk about comics. He wanted to talk about his expanding earth theory. :screwy:

Completely true.

Please elaborate.

Neal Adams joined the boards one upon a time. :o

It was a momentous day. :cloud9:

He was run off shortly thereafter. :blush:

"We" wanted to talk about comics. He wanted to talk about his expanding earth theory. :screwy:

For real? Kind of neat if you ask me...

I'm sure he's a nice guy and the Mary Marvel sketch is an enjoyable one.

That doesn't make up for helping to destroy the comics industry in the 90's with over-hyped bad art and driving me away from the hobby for ten years. :sumo:

Were you forced at gunpoint to buy his books? Maybe you had bad taste in comics? Why is it just a Liefeld "problem"? Perhaps you need to engage in a little introspection.