• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LIEFELD vs NEAL ADAMS (w/poll)

107 posts in this topic

I bumped into a friend of mine this afternoon and we got to talking about guests for the upcoming Montreal Comic Con.

He tells me LIEFELD was supposed to attend, but it didn't work out so they had to settle for NEAL ADAMS. My reaction was LIEFELD? Really?!?!? Turns out my buddy is a fan. :o I had no clue. He thought LIEFELD would be a larger draw than NEAL ADAMS. I though differently. In fact, I told him he was the first person I've had the pleasure of knowing who is a fan of LIEFELD's work (or at the least the first to admit to it)...

So, having said that, I decided to put it to the test. I'd like to know who you would prefer to have in attendance at a con near you. LIEFELD or ADAMS?

The poll is at the bottom of the page!!!

To start a poll, go to "my stuff", click on "my preferences", scroll down to "Topic Display Mode", choose "Threaded Mode", then click "Submit" at the bottom of the page. You can start a poll there.
On the forums of course Neal will win. Unfortunately cgc forum MIGHT be a .001 representation of comic fandom.

I'm not surprised. I think today's generation is more familiar with Liefeld. Most of Adams really good stuff ended in the '70s and Batman Odyssey didn't do anything but remind us older folks how good he used to be.

:news:

Liefeld (say what you will) draws 10x the crowd of neal adams.

Are you serious? Why? Is DEADPOOL that popular???

I imagine it's because the market is saturated with his work due to the speculation in the '90's.

If I were to go to one of his signing's, I'd bring all the Liefeld issues I own demanding a refund for the toilet paper he called X-Force (I'm guilty of '90's specualtion, you see). :tonofbricks:

Although I wouldn't call myself a Liefeld fan, I think he's become the "go-to" guy for complaints of all the garbage comics of the early 90's. He was not alone at all at the time, and back then everybody was buying it up. I think he's probably a pretty cool guy in person. If I saw him at a con I'd probably get a Wolverine sketch, as long as the line wasn't a mile long. (don't even like Wolverine much either, but just to get in the spirit of things)

whats neal done lately is the question ?..

this answers who i voted for

RobLS.jpg

Well, at least your OA doesn't include his trademark 5' legs with size 4 boots. Could be worse.

It kinda looks like he's adapted Stephen Platt style facial expressions, too.

I will admit this looks better than anything he did in X-Force. Perhaps he's grown as an artist. He probably spent more time on this sketch than he did on all the work he crammed down our throats 18 years ago.

Hollee , 18 years :preach:

Completely true.

Seconded. His lines at the convention appearances are crazy. He takes waaaay too much heat for the 90s era. And heck, he's one of the few guys from that time period that still does regular pencil work.

Completely true.

Seconded. His lines at the convention appearances are crazy. He takes waaaay too much heat for the 90s era. And heck, he's one of the few guys from that time period that still does regular pencil work.

<-- that