• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Better investment? Hulk 181 or ASM 129

40 posts in this topic

The ASM 129 has come down considerably in value as the supply of high grade issues has increased in the census (which makes perfect sense).

Go for the Hulk #181

Hulk #181 by far.

My 2c ...I think Wolverine is arguably the #4 most reconizable superhero behind Superman, Batman and Spider-Man in the eyes of most pre-teens. Pay attention this Halloween. Even being as plentiful as it is, Amazing Fantasy #15 is quickly hitting the price point in all grades where it is out of the reach of most collectors. I think Incredible Hulk #181 is the next "key chase book".

I respect the wisdom of crowds...

One thing though, given that we're talking Bronze age here, try to hold out awhile longer and get a higher grade copy, and at least ow/w page quality.

I'm a white pages whore, myself...

I think that's destined for the "Out of context" thread lol

hulk 181 just according to ebay sells..Even low grade copies go for twice as much..foir condition hulk 181s go for around 125-150 where 129 goes for about 50.00..Ive watched 100s of auctions for both of these and the hulk 181 outsells the 129 and the 181 seems to keep going up

Well they are making a Punisher reboot movie.... oh wait they did that already and it sucked again.

I sold off my Hulk 181 9.2 and ASM 129 9.6 to raise scratch for my AF 15 4.0.... no regrets.

Ok, so I can get a Hulk #181 CGC 8.0 or an ASM #129 CGC 9.2 for exactly the same price. Purely from an investment standpoint - which one will fare better in the long haul? I'd appreciate your advice on this one... Thanks

Purely from an investment standpoint, go buy something else.

That being said, I love both books.

I sold off my Hulk 181 9.2 and ASM 129 9.6 to raise scratch for my AF 15 4.0.... no regrets.

Good move, and good luck.

Ok, so I can get a Hulk #181 CGC 8.0 or an ASM #129 CGC 9.2 for exactly the same price. Purely from an investment standpoint - which one will fare better in the long haul? I'd appreciate your advice on this one... Thanks

Purely from an investment standpoint, go buy something else.

That being said, I love both books.

Yea neither's a good investment since investment implies monetary return and the supply of both is huge. Of the two Hulk 181 is better simply because the demand is higher.