• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interior page corner flaking

8 posts in this topic

Small, consistent corner flaking right at the tip. Some pages with the fragment missing; others with just a hair of paper fibre holding the flake on. Same shaped piece through ten or more pages. Gives the corner a ragged appearance viewed with the book closed. Not pretty but most likely there from new.

Anyone any experience of how this is regarded on CGC grading?

Thanks.

production related and I don't think will get hit hard unless the chips/fragments/corners missing are large...how large is bad? I don't know but I have had books with 1/8" to 1/4" diameter size missing on multiple pages graded in 9.4/9.6 range with other flaws like spine ticks.

I know it is.

I can't get my scanner to really show up the problem enough to see it. we are talking 1/16" corner tips off interior pages or corners just hanging on. Each page problem looks very minor individually, it's when the book is closed and the edge on view looks tatty. Again, my scanner can't show this edge view.

Anyway, thanks all for commenting and I understand better now that as the flaw is a production feature CGC probably would treat it as minor.

What are you doing over here while people are waiting to find out about cd4ever's biggest comic regret? :busy:

I'm giving him some time to confess before I hit the search button.