• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's up with this Oversteet Surprise FF 48

14 posts in this topic

Check this out.... is it a typo or the truth

FF48

OS-33 82 164 246 697 1024 1350 confused.gif

OS-34 68 136 204 544 947 1350 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

FF-12

OS-33 115 230 345 979 1440 1900

OS-34 143 286 429 1215 2107 3000 893applaud-thumb.gif

FF-5

OS-33 248 496 744 2232 3416 4600

OS-34 309 618 927 2626 4563 6500 cloud9.gif

WEBHEAD

Back in the mid '80s Chuck Wooley was selling NM FF 48s in lots of 10!! I think there are just a ton of those out there compared to other key FFs.

WoW!!!,...you think he would have been busy enuf hosting The Love Connection,...he sold comics too huh?.....

Looks right to me...most post-1964 books don't sell anywhere near guide below VF/NM, and the spread between G/F/NM gets bigger as you progress temporally thru early silver, late silver, bronze, copper, modern...

Back in the mid '80s Chuck Wooley was selling NM FF 48s in lots of 10!! I think there are just a ton of those out there compared to other key FFs.

WoW!!!,...you think he would have been busy enuf hosting The Love Connection,...he sold comics too huh?.....

That's WoolEY NOT WoolERY! insane.gif

the notion that there are oodles of FF#48's out there in high grade seems to be true.

what kinda surprised me is the big move (in Overstreet) on the FF 5 & 12. those are atypical huge jumps. granted, they are probably correct in demonstrating the obvious surge in FF prices, but i don't recall too many other instances of this in past guides.

and, of course, i'm a happy camper............... grin.gif

Joe Koch was still wholesaling # 48 long after he ran out of 49,50.

Now that the guide price for lower grades has been reduced,do you think it will still sell for les than guide? Old habits are hard to break.

That's WoolEY NOT WoolERY! insane.gif

Those of you who don't know Chuck, he is one of the best and nicest guys in the hobby angel.gif. My daughter and I feel very lucky to call him and his wife our friends.

He sells on ebay under user name : neatfunstuff

Picked up FF#12 in January so I am doing cart wheels right now. However, I am in the market for FF#5 so I guess I'm going to have to pay the piper. I agree about FF#48 there are so many out there.

Regardless of what Overstreet Guide now says, "You were always going to have to pay the piper"! boo.gif

While I won't get my guide until Saturday, it seems that Bob is not leaving much room for potential (real market value) downward price adjustments. In other words, if prices do stagnate or drop even 10%, some books even in 9.2, might need to be adjusted downward. Normally there was a fairly large cushion for books in the 9.0 and up range.

I picked up a FF 12 around then too. smile.gif

Picked up FF#12 in January so I am doing cart wheels right now. 893applaud-thumb.gif However, I am in the market for FF#5 so I guess I'm going to have to pay the piper. frown.gif I agree about FF#48 there are so many out there.