• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show off those SDCC Sketches!!

22 posts in this topic

Lets get this party started. Show off all those awesome sketches from SDCC!

ICEMAN BY ADAM ARCHER (for my buddy)

icemanadamarcher.jpg

HULK BY ADAM ARCHER

hulkadamarcher.jpg

EMMA FROST BY WHILCE PORTACIO

emmafrostwhilceportacio.jpg

DAREDEVIL BY CAT SCAGGS

daredevilcatscaggs.jpg

SUPERGIRL BY BILL MAUS (for my buddy)

supergirlbillmaus.jpg

BLACKCAT BY BILL MAUS

blackcatbillmaus.jpg

SUPERMAN BY FREDDIE WILLIAMS II (for my buddy)

supermanfreddiewilliams.jpg

RED SKULL BY FREDDIE WILLIAMS II

redskullfreddiewilliams.jpg

CAPTAIN COLD BY FRANCIS MANAPUL didnt get a finished product pic before I gave it CGC [doh]

captaincoldstage1franci.jpg

captaincoldstage2fancis.jpg

captaincoldstage3franci.jpg

NOW PREPARE FOR AWESOMENES!

WOLVERINE BY STUART SAYGER (for my buddy)

wolverinestuartsayger.jpg

RED SKULL BY STUART SAYGER

redskullstuartsayger2.jpg

There was more done, I just forgot to take pics another [doh], will post them all when I get them back from CGC

Thanks for the love on the Captain Cold book, the second that I knew a Captain America book was coming out that was what I wanted to do, because Captain Cold is my favorite DC Villian. The finished product is so badass too, just have to wait a couple of months for it to show it off.

Very nice sketches so far!!!!

I got a couple sketches done as well at the con.

Cap vs. Hitler by Elvin Hernandez

CapvsHitler-1.jpg

Governor vs. Michonne by Cliff Rathburn (Inker of The Walking Dead) + signed by Robert Kirkman

GovvsMichonne.jpg

Rick Grimes "Crossed" attacking Carl by Jacen Burrows (Crossed original artist) and signed by Robert Kirkman

Crossed-1.jpg

Michonne and Cassie Hack by Tim Seeley (Creator of Hack/Slash) I searched everywhere for an Image United blank, but couldn't find one.

MichCassiebySeeley.jpg

lol Yes it would! You need to get a Michonne sketch from him.

Cliff was awesome. He put a lot of time into it. I think it took him 3 days because of all the black ink. He frequently let it dry to minimize smudging.

These are my 2 favorite characters so I always new what I wanted for a sketch. Glad I finally meet one of the 3 artists. (thumbs u

Nice sketches. The problem with the WD blank is that the ink never really dries.

Yeah, it took Cliff a couple days to finish it. He had to keep letting it dry to minimize the smudges.

I think we even let it dry overnight once it was finished before putting it into a bag & board.

It should be good now though. I'm careful with it.

Here are a few sketches I had done:

The first is a Doug Snyed Playboy bunny. The next is a Batman by the legendary Jerry Robinson. Joe Linsner doodled a beautiful Dawn on one of his sketch books, David Lapham sketched a great Daredevil, and the last is a beautiful Batman by Adriano Carreon!

114076.jpg.d80d88b2401bff6847ef7c75ada07259.jpg

114077.jpg.8fcbdd8b44b24991f4f70136fe226f8f.jpg

114078.jpg.203239d1f153bf08aa0fe3a3e10703e6.jpg

114079.jpg.729e3a7ca52e990e6f7c2d06a3a63e4c.jpg

114080.jpg.538956d44504a716e85c3cc2e989b315.jpg