• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Sightings (the good, the bad, the ugly; for a few $$$ more)...

57 posts in this topic

Great catchup of the show. Wish I could of made it but my next Korgi graphic novel got bumped forward to a September release. Hope to make it out there next year. It really is a unique show.

I'm glad a few boardies got a chance to meet Mitch in person. It sounds like he is a passionate collector with a lot of neat stories to tell.

Thanks for the thread David Merryweather!

"Mr. Bedrock is a skyscraper in training"

It's me that missed the totally obvious. I'm at that age where if I miss my old-man nap my IQ starts taking a drastic downturn fast! Now Gator nabbing a Twizzler outta the air would have been something to see.

I would have liked to have met Mitch. My booth was two aisles down from Verzyls but I never did get a chance to see him as by the time I got there he was gone.

Great thread! :applause:

I'm really grateful someone took the trouble to get the camera out and post the con on the boards! Keep 'em coming David!

hm OK, here's a shot of a "legendary" philanderer momentarily reverting to his naughtier side while visiting the Penguin booth (located across the center aisle from Harley Yee's booth)...

IMG_0252.jpg

:blush: Fortunately, my wife was in on the action (I think she was holding the camera); ...well, you know how wild those kinky authors can get! :devil:

Great thread! :applause:

I'm really grateful someone took the trouble to get the camera out and post the con on the boards! Keep 'em coming David!

hm OK, here's a shot of a "legendary" philanderer momentarily reverting to his naughtier side while visiting the Penguin booth (located across the center aisle from Harley Yee's booth)...

IMG_0252.jpg

:blush: Fortunately, my wife was in on the action (I think she was holding the camera); ...well, you know how wild those kinky authors can get! :devil:

Gotta love it! :headbang:

Here is one of the "babes" that I actually picked up at the show...

IMG_0262.jpg

... "she" was a good (super) soldier. :cloud9:

Wow! :whatthe:

I would have liked to have met Mitch. My booth was two aisles down from Verzyls but I never did get a chance to see him as by the time I got there he was gone.

Roy, I was going to bring him around and introduce him to all of the boardies that I knew, but when he started visiting with Verzyl that ship sailed. By the time that conversation ended the con was almost over and he needed to locate his kids; oh well. (shrug)

Roy, I was going to bring him around and introduce him to all of the boardies that I knew, but when he started visiting with Verzyl that ship sailed. By the time that conversation ended the con was almost over and he needed to locate his kids; oh well. (shrug)

It's cool.

Great book, although I'm sure it would look better with a red velvet background.

:devil:

IMG_0262.jpg

Great book! (thumbs u

Thanks guys! I bought 3 from the Super Soldier collection: Cap #60, #74 & All Winners #19, so I came away a happy camper. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

May post some images that I took later, but I can't provide any good scans yet. We're still in San Diego (until Aug. 3rd) and the tools at my disposal (via IPad) are rather primitive.

Eventually we'll be heading up to Seattle and then Vancouver by train and crossing over via the scenic route to Calgary for When Words Collide (literary SF & Fantasy convention).

WOW, Mitch. Thanks! I really appreciated meeting you, and I know my Significantly Collecting Other did as well. I was kind of distracted and didn't get to participate as much as I wanted, since I also had signings and stuff to do, so next time looking forward to a longer conversation!

:whee:

Cheers - DM's wife

IMG_0262.jpg

David I didn't realize you snagged this copy, congrats, its one of my all-time favorites. With respect to my earlier comment about the "grease stain"in the Super Soilder thread, I meant to say "grease pen" mark. In any event that is a tough book in high grade and I wish I chased the other 7.0 copy that Comicconnect sold earlier in the year. (thumbs u

Thanks for the report. Sorry I missed most of you guys. Next year, I need to get a full pass.

And still there's more!

As I sit at my desk looking out over the gray bay (we're still in San Diego and it's overcast here), it prompts me to reflect on the journey of the past week; SDCC was a moment in time, a mammoth event, here and gone all too quickly.

So, without further adieu a few more images...

A-1 Comics

IMG_0270.jpg

Captain America (X-patriot?) :o

IMG_0271.jpg

A convention in motion; once a year San Diego reinvents itself into a fan-Mecca, a metropolis for geeks on a mission...

IMG_0268.jpg

And speaking of metropolis, here's Frank, Metro's super soldier on a mission to convert collectors in a Timely fashion...

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

David I didn't realize you snagged this copy, congrats, its one of my all-time favorites. With respect to my earlier comment about the "grease stain"in the Super Soilder thread, I meant to say "grease pen" mark. In any event that is a tough book in high grade and I wish I chased the other 7.0 copy that Comicconnect sold earlier in the year. (thumbs u

No problem, Surfer! (thumbs u

That copy was actually the lowest grade book I purchased at ComicCon; it has always been one of my grail books, but it's very tough in grade.

Here are a few more gems that I purchased (sorry about the image quality, but we just took these shots for reference and identification)...

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

...oh, and these are just the Caps! :gossip:

I may be pedaling a pedicab next year just to keep up ($$$) with my Timely obsession! doh!