• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The RESPECT issue... viable on online forums?

96 posts in this topic

Hello all.

Here is the scenario:

The main company AAA is a Vendor for car parts, but different car parts. The Newer car parts slowly put the older, conventional parts obsolete, and they are going away. Most of the Customers that join AAA have a smal business of their own, and are dependent on AAA to continue their respective businesses. There is only ONE competitor, BBB, and they just don't cut it; they try, are cheaper, but the quality and consumer confidence is sorely lacking.

AAA has a chat board, similar to CGC. Customer 111 joins, and does okay. However, over time he gets harrassed, cursed, flamed, trolled. All AAA does is delete the offensive posts. The boards have had a history of arguments, some petty, some serious, but for the most part all gets smoothed out over time. But Customer 111 is unique; similar to a Peacock trying to camouflage himself in short brush. Customer 111 has shown loyalty to AAA, and was helpful during AAA's early years, defending AAA when another VENUE, not company per se, was allowing similar actions.

Should the company AAA be held more accountable for allowing the trolls to use profane abuse at the paying Customer???

I can't wait to see the respnses and types of responses I get when I get home tonight from work.

can't hide anymore CAL :sumo:

Prepare to be harrassed, cursed, flamed, trolled.

I would love to, but I can't figure out WTF he said. (shrug)

If I had to guess I'd say it had something to do with me, but that's probably just my ego talking.

Decoder ring? (shrug)

Hello all.

Here is the scenario:

The main company CGC is a Vendor for slabs, but different slabs. The Newer slabs slowly put the older, conventional slabs obsolete, and they are going away. Most of the Customers that join CGC have a smal business of their own, and are dependent on CGC to continue their respective businesses. There is only ONE competitor, PGX, and they just don't cut it; they try, are cheaper, but the quality and consumer confidence is sorely lacking.

CGC has a chat board, similar to PGX. Customer CAL joins, and does okay. However, over time he gets harrassed, cursed, flamed, trolled. All CGC does is delete the offensive posts. The boards have had a history of arguments, some petty, some serious, but for the most part all gets smoothed out over time. But Customer CAL is unique; similar to a Peacock trying to camouflage himself in short brush. Customer CAL has shown loyalty to CGC, and was helpful during CGC's early years, defending CGC when another VENUE, not company per se, was allowing similar actions.

Should the company CGC be held more accountable for allowing the trolls to use profane abuse at the paying Customer???

I can't wait to see the respnses and types of responses I get when I get home tonight from work.

can't hide anymore 111

Prepare to be harrassed, cursed, flamed, trolled.

I would love to, but I can't figure out WTF he said. (shrug)

If I had to guess I'd say it had something to do with me, but that's probably just my ego talking.

No, I think I saw a fisting reference as well. :insane:

So Lowe's and Home Depot sell punkin squash.

Johnny likes talking punkin squash.

Bubba likes dissn people that talk about punkin squash.

Loolabelle hates people who diss people who love punkin squash.

Sheriff Garddaboards didn't stuff a rag in Bubba's mouth.

Johnny is cryin over being dissed.

Life is short. Eat dessert first.

Decoder ring? (shrug)

Hello all.

Here is the scenario:

The main company CGC is a Vendor for slabs, but different slabs. The Newer slabs slowly put the older, conventional slabs obsolete, and they are going away. Most of the Customers that join CGC have a smal business of their own, and are dependent on CGC to continue their respective businesses. There is only ONE competitor, PGX, and they just don't cut it; they try, are cheaper, but the quality and consumer confidence is sorely lacking.

CGC has a chat board, similar to PGX. Customer CAL joins, and does okay. However, over time he gets harrassed, cursed, flamed, trolled. All CGC does is delete the offensive posts. The boards have had a history of arguments, some petty, some serious, but for the most part all gets smoothed out over time. But Customer CAL is unique; similar to a Peacock trying to camouflage himself in short brush. Customer CAL has shown loyalty to CGC, and was helpful during CGC's early years, defending CGC when another VENUE, not company per se, was allowing similar actions.

Should the company CGC be held more accountable for allowing the trolls to use profane abuse at the paying Customer???

can't hide anymore 111

I think CAL needs to grow up and be a man, instead of a little boy.

Is this another Captain America thread?

if so, are we gonna have fresh ( o )( o ) to drool over ?? [i changed 'em a little. Editors preferance]

Maybe. Could be some ( _I_ ), but probably no ( \I/ )

Gotta keep it tasteful, don't we?

Cal, take the reactions you have perceived as seriously as they were meant. Which is not very. You've been on here long enough to realize that, even more now than in the past, the majority of posts are knee-jerk, off-the-cuff posts with no thought behind them. From the way posts have been progressing (regressing) I tend to doubt half of the posters are even aware of the topic they are posting in. Just a series of quips, jokes etc.

Like the old saying goes, "You have to consider the source." Look about. Read some of the posts that seem to be distressing you. Then consider the source. I guarantee heaviness of the heart will be considerably lifted.