• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Johnny G OK?

23 posts in this topic

Was going to meet boardie Johnny G at SDCC last week. He mentioned having health issues and I've noticed he hasn't posted in almost 10 days. Has anyone heard from him? Hope he is OK.

He was working at the Graham Crackers booth in SD last week.

(thumbs u

Was going to meet boardie Johnny G at SDCC last week. He mentioned having health issues and I've noticed he hasn't posted in almost 10 days. Has anyone heard from him? Hope he is OK.

(thumbs u

No wonder he couldn't find him! :baiting:

:jokealert:

(thumbs u

No wonder he couldn't find him! :baiting:

:o

:shy:

(thumbs u

Thanks Roy. It was great meeting you in person last week. You'll have to let us know when the website is up an running.

As of 9am this morning he was alive and well. He stayed over on my houseboat last night and I dropped him off at the airport this morning. Now as far as his flight I don't know yet... :ohnoez:

Johnny G, mycomicshop and I went to see the Captain America movie together. He's doing just fine.

He was doing well...but I don't know about you :hi:

How about another drink before the movie?

Howdy!

I am alive and well, a little tired, but well! It's nice to know I am thought of!

Left for SDCC last Tuesday and don't have data on phone when out of country... I don't want to pay $100's of dollars for no reason! I get about 200 emails a day and 80% are cr@p, so no use having on even though it is difficult to be "out of loop"! Plus, was on "vacation" and was nice to leave the net alone for a week :)

SDCC was great! Was nice to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones as well. The Cap night was really fun (big thanks and shout out to Conan and crew) and yesterday with John, Ted, Jose and John's family, was a perfect RELAXING ending to a great week! The Midway tour was really cool and the peacefulness on the boat was just what the Dr ordered!

I thought I'd mentioned where I would be, however I have been known to be wrong; MAYBE once or twice :whistle:

Thanks to all who should receive it, as I am sure you know who you are. For those I didn't get to meet, there will be another time I am sure :hi:

This guy needs some serious catching up on sleep! So no need to worry if you don't hear from me for a day or so, I will be A O K! I have a "boat" load of TV/movie viewing to catch up on and will be doing so starting in about five minutes. Judging by how tired I am, that catching up will probably only last 5 minutes as well! zzz

Good night all!

John (thumbs u

Thanks guys :hi:

CAL!!! Where have you been hiding? I saw a very, VERY sweet CGC'd 9.8 IM&SM #1 for a great deal at the show and thought of picking up for you, but haven't seen you around much (shrug) I also figured you had one, however with you, one is not enough! Right?

Conan (thumbs u Again, thanks for putting the Cap night together, it was a good time and a pleasure meeting you and yours.

Today's schedule... NADA! I am pretty much drained of energy. Need to relax and have a stress free day :wishluck:

With 25+ years in the hobby as both a collector and P/T "dealer", I think it was about time I made it to "THE SHOW"! Although I didn't get a chance to attend any panels or even walk around much, I had an awesome time. Heck, where else can we find large groups of people that all love the same type of stuff??? Pretty much exclusively at cons! That's what I enjoy most about going to the shows; NETWORKING, meeting new people and seeing familiar faces that I sometimes only get to see once or twice a year. That for me makes it a good show. Comics? Ya, of course that as well, but I really don't need to buy (although I do) anything.

Anyhow, I am looking forward to the "Canadian Crew" in Toronto next month. Should be a good show! I was at the small, Fan Appreciation Con back in April, and really had a good time. From what I am told, this one is at least 5 times biiger with regard to crowd and exhibitors. :popcorn:

Ciao for now!

JG (thumbs u

BTW - I thought I'd mention that the show wouldn't have been possible if not for Graham Crackers Comics and Jamie himself.

After the "slagging" he got a couple of weeks back, I thought I'd throw that in there... As I mentioned back in that thread; Jamie is a great guy who'd give you shirt off of his back! It was also great to meet the rest of his crew and his wonderful lady.

I am getting my "SDCC Report" together and will be posting later with some pics... There were some fun times and some "slip ups" at the GCC booth! So it should make for an interesting read :)

Just thought I would mention that as I hadn't and it all wouldn't have gone down without Jamie... So IF you are reading this, thanks big guy! You know I love ya :foryou:

JG (thumbs u

Jamie....ahh should have taken a pic while I was buggin him. I don't think that guy has a sense of humour...although his voicemail was funny (I hope it was intentional).

Hey Vaughn,

Actually, Jamie has a great sense of humor and a funny character! You happened to come around when he was dealing with 10 different people and 10 waiting! Plus if I recall correctly, he actually took the time to step away from his conversation with someone to try and help you with the trooper covers (shrug) SDCC is a gong show and he had a lot going on for himself! He's got the books everyone wants and is extreml;y busy and I would assume under a lot of stress as well! So let's keep the "slagging" to a minimum! We already had the other BS thread and it was the stupidest thing I'd ever read! Then to top it all off, the original poster was trying to sell his book here on the boards WHILE he was posting all the cr@p!

So really, we don't need to go anywhere near there!

John (thumbs u

Jamie....ahh should have taken a pic while I was buggin him. I don't think that guy has a sense of humour...although his voicemail was funny (I hope it was intentional).

Hey Vaughn,

Actually, Jamie has a great sense of humor and a funny character! You happened to come around when he was dealing with 10 different people and 10 waiting! Plus if I recall correctly, he actually took the time to step away from his conversation with someone to try and help you with the trooper covers (shrug) SDCC is a gong show and he had a lot going on for himself! He's got the books everyone wants and is extreml;y busy and I would assume under a lot of stress as well! So let's keep the "slagging" to a minimum! We already had the other BS thread and it was the stupidest thing I'd ever read! Then to top it all off, the original poster was trying to sell his book here on the boards WHILE he was posting all the cr@p!

So really, we don't need to go anywhere near there!

John (thumbs u

He still didn't have a Sensation #9 :sumo: