• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too Late To Sell Punishers???

20 posts in this topic

(starting a new thread since I'm interested in opinions on timing/selling these Punishers.)

Economy is up to 2/9. I think my package was dated around 2/12. Looks like my Punisher's won't be back in my hands until AFTER the movie opens. 893naughty-thumb.gif

D'OH! Missed the Punisher premiere weekend. 893frustrated.gif Got my package today after missing the USPS delivery on Wednesday. So, do I sell now? Did I miss the peak? Still time to catch the wave?

Grades were all pretty much as expected, give or take a notch. Here's a bunch of what just came back today. All of these, except the Kid Colt, are White Pages! thumbsup2.gifcloud9.gif

Amazing Spider Man #300 9.6 -> CGC = 9.6 thumbsup2.gif

Amazing Spider Man #300 9.6 -> CGC = 9.6 thumbsup2.gif

Crisis on Infinite Earths #7 9.8 -> CGC = 9.8 thumbsup2.gif

Crisis on Infinite Earths #7 9.8 -> CGC 9.6 893whatthe.gif

Flash #1 9.6 -> CGC 9.8 cloud9.gif

Punisher #1 9.6 -> CGC = 9.6 thumbsup2.gif

Punisher #1 9.6 -> CGC = 9.6 thumbsup2.gif

Punisher War Journal#1 9.6 -> CGC 9.8 cloud9.gif

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8 9.6 -> CGC = 9.6 thumbsup2.gif

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8 9.6 -> CGC 9.8 cloud9.gif

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1 9.4 -> CGC 9.6 cloud9.gif

Kid Colt Outlaw #206 4.5 -> CGC 4.0 893whatthe.gif

Predator Vs Magnus TPB #1 9.8 -> CGC 9.6 893whatthe.gif

So, do I sell now? Did I miss the peak? Still time to catch the wave?

You have probably missed the peak, but now is still the best time to sell. Good luck. grin.gif

Noooo, don't say that. Tell me that there's still stupid money chasing the Punishers!!! gossip.gif

Just checked and found these are noteworthy...

Flash #1 9.6 -> CGC 9.8 cloud9.gif TOP CENSUS (tied w/ 2 other copies)

Predator Vs Magnus TPB #1 9.8 -> CGC 9.6 893whatthe.gif TOP CENSUS -- ONLY COPY ON CENSUS! acclaim.gif

How thick was the Trade paperback that they could slab it?

Flash #1 9.6 -> CGC 9.8 cloud9.gif TOP CENSUS (tied w/ 2 other copies)

Predator Vs Magnus TPB #1 9.8 -> CGC 9.6 893whatthe.gif TOP CENSUS -- ONLY COPY ON CENSUS! acclaim.gif

How thick was the Trade paperback that they could slab it?

Think 2 regular issues combined into one TPB. For example, it's pretty much the same thickness as Dark Knight Returns #1 This is a TPB of the 2-issue Predator Vs Magnus mini-series.

Why slab this? Is it a 30 cent variant? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hmmm, could be.... devil.gif

thumbsup2.gif btw I have a KC 206 CGC 4.5 too tongue.gifdevil.gif

I saw that one on the census! Mine shoulda been 4.5. If I can get a good scan tomorrow (I keep getting a scanning line down the middle tonight 893frustrated.gif) we should compare copies and see who got robbed or who got a gift. smile.gif

Ouch I hear the Valiant Speculators Squealing with glee over this one. List it next week 10 days and watch the frenzy commence.... I am thinking high $200's on it at least if not more. Good Catch Man thumbsup2.gif

Wait for Punisher 2????.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Hopefully it will be even more violent........... 893applaud-thumb.gif

Side Note: Why didn't Dolph Lundgren play the Russian in the new movie would of been a classic scene......... confused-smiley-013.gif

(starting a new thread since I'm interested in opinions on timing/selling these Punishers.)

D'OH! Missed the Punisher premiere weekend. 893frustrated.gif Got my package today after missing the USPS delivery on Wednesday. So, do I sell now? Did I miss the peak? Still time to catch the wave?

Well, two weeks ago there were 11 CGC graded Amazing Spider-Man #129 that got bids on eBay. Last week there were 16. A normal week has about 4 (in all grades). Looks like a lot of people are trying to time the movie hype. These books and other Punisher related issues are receiving record or near record prices.

here's mine...looks vg+ to me smile.gif

460308-kc206.jpg

Why slab this? Is it a 30 cent variant? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hmm, guess I made an error when writing up my notes. My copy IS a 4.5 too, which is what I pregraded it at. acclaim.gif So I can't complain about the grade. Now we can have a grade-off competition and see whose 4.5 is better. Your scan is larger and a little blurry though... my scan's more compact so it'll be hard to compare.

460982-kidcolt206-35centvariantcgc45-fsm.jpg

460982-kidcolt206-35centvariantcgc45-fsm.jpg.4c1999cd0ae04ab3c5aa0501f483c89a.jpg

I've been searching prices... so what's Flash #1 in 9.8 likely to bring? This top census grade, with only 2 other copies in existence, hasn't shown up in my record of sales for this year. 893frustrated.gif Anyone see a sale off eBay at Heritage or ComicLink or ?? Or better yet, what's your OPINION on what it's worth? I always like to throw a BIN on my auctions in case someone is willing to pay what a comic is "worth" without waiting n-days for the auction to end.

Ditto on the Predator Vs Magnus. With no other copies CGC'd any suggestions? I've gotten inquiries asking if its for sale but I don't have an asking price. I had a price back when it was raw but now that it's slabbed at 9.6 I've got to reconsider what it's worth to me to sell it or to keep it.

Also Punisher prices are definitely lower lately. I picked up $55-ish for Punisher #1 in 9.6 late last year. Looks unlikely that current pricing will get this one above $40 to mid-$40s based on recent sales. frown.gif