• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can't We All Just Get Along?

67 posts in this topic

I'm not sure of the total estimated number of copies, but it's likely in the mid 20s to low 30s, but I could be wrong on that, I'd have to check.

As for the grade, it was a certified 8.5. The Mile High Action 1 owned by Dave Anderson is, by all accounts, far and away the nicest copy and would likely grade in the 9.4 range as per Borock who has seen the book (and used to be CGC's Head Grader)

Holy crud. In retrospect I have to say it's almost certain that if only one Action 1 existed it would top 7.5 million. I wouldn't be surprised if the 9.4 copy alone fetched that much. Just imagine owning the ONLY copy of the first appearance of Superman. I'm even thinking topping 10 million would be possible.

In the current environment I'm not sure what it would get. The rumored story is that some years back, Jay Parrino offered him $3 mil for it and Dave Anderson turned it down.

I've heard he would require a "life altering sum" to give up the book. Since I believe him to be fairly wealthy, I'm sure you'd have to get into stupid money. Plus, his son is a collector.

What happened to the rest?
The US mint decided against distributing them to the public because they were afraid to release the gold. The govt recently found 10 of them. It was decided in a court of law, that the US is entitled to them, instead of the people who had them in their possession.

This info is vague and may not be entirely accurate.

With a little tweaking, it's solid gold, baby.

What happened to the rest?
The US mint decided against distributing them to the public because they were afraid to release the gold. The govt recently found 10 of them. It was decided in a court of law, that the US is entitled to them, instead of the people who had them in their possession.

This info is vague and may not be entirely accurate.

With a little tweaking, it's solid gold, baby.

:cloud9:

I'm not sure of the total estimated number of copies, but it's likely in the mid 20s to low 30s, but I could be wrong on that, I'd have to check.

As for the grade, it was a certified 8.5. The Mile High Action 1 owned by Dave Anderson is, by all accounts, far and away the nicest copy and would likely grade in the 9.4 range as per Borock who has seen the book (and used to be CGC's Head Grader)

Holy crud. In retrospect I have to say it's almost certain that if only one Action 1 existed it would top 7.5 million. I wouldn't be surprised if the 9.4 copy alone fetched that much. Just imagine owning the ONLY copy of the first appearance of Superman. I'm even thinking topping 10 million would be possible.

In the current environment I'm not sure what it would get. The rumored story is that some years back, Jay Parrino offered him $3 mil for it and Dave Anderson turned it down.

I've heard he would require a "life altering sum" to give up the book. Since I believe him to be fairly wealthy, I'm sure you'd have to get into stupid money. Plus, his son is a collector.

Yep, and rumor has it, that the book will be inherited to his son. Maybe he will post it someday.

In the current environment the rich are still getting richer. Statistics have shown upper income levels have continued to rise even through the 2000's and currently corporate profits are through the roof, but still nobody is hiring. I guess if a company can run lean, they'll do just that. Employees are a major expense. Point being I can't see super keys like Action 1 being adversely affected by the economy.

Yep, and rumor has it, that the book will be inherited to his son. Maybe he will post it someday.

Man that guy is lucky. I would kill just to hold it and smell it.

...plus, there's the middle class getting richer...and don't forget the poor. They *may* be getting poorer, but they're the richest "poor" in the world.

God Bless America!

Move to Compton for a day and then say that.

I've been to Compton several times. I've also been to Cairo.

Compton is Beverly Hills to Cairo.

...plus, there's the middle class getting richer...and don't forget the poor. They *may* be getting poorer, but they're the richest "poor" in the world.

God Bless America!

Did Cairo ever recover from your visit?

God Bless America!

You didnt hear about the "celebration"?

God Bless America!

:roflmao:

God Bless America!

I stole some of the Great Pyramid.

:devil:

God Bless America!

:roflmao:

Now you're just trying too hard.

The other coins were reclaimed as stolen property:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1933_Double_Eagle#Discovery_of_ten_more_coins

Now, if I were the owner of the one coin allowed to be sold, I'd be feeling a little nervous, because the Treasury might decide to auction the ten uncirculated coins to the public someday. If I owned the coin, I'd auction it off, and then I'd pursue the best available copies of the Mega Keys and have enough change left over to live in relative comfort.

The coin boardies can probably go on for quite awhile about the 1933 Double Eagles, that would be a better venue...