• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #5 Please give me an opinion

19 posts in this topic

Would a pressing help this one?

I have never pressed a book. I understand what it does and have seen before and after scans, but have never actually held a book and looked at the flaws before and then seen the results myself.

It presents nice, but it seems to have water damage (more visible in the back) plus the bottom staple seems to be rusty. I might be a little harsh here, but I don't think I would give it anything higher the a 3.0

This one is being advertised as a 4.5

I am skeptical of that grade myself and worried of the back cover, staples too.

This is the description:

Amazing Spider-man #5. Asking $250

Dr. Doom Appearance

Book is VG+ condition.

Front cover-

Slight browning around CCA seal.

Corners have very small dog ears.

Normal creasing along spine.

Back cover-

Slight browning along edges.

Some wrinkling at edge (near the word FREE in the Ad)

Interrior pages: Off-white (OWL 8).

Interrior is nice and tight. Staples are not rusted and cover is firmly attached.

Do you not realize that you are hoarding this forum? I know you have been told already not to post more than 3 books a day on here. It's just a common courtesy to the other members.

It's not even 8am and you have already posted up 4 books today!

If you can't follow simple rules on theis thread, that makes me think you will break other rules on this forum, ie: sales thread, buying etc.

This is NOT a place to have your entire collection graded! Follow the rules chunk!

Do you not realize that you are hoarding this forum? I know you have been told already not to post more than 3 books a day on here. It's just a common courtesy to the other members.

It's not even 8am and you have already posted up 4 books today!

If you can't follow simple rules on theis thread, that makes me think you will break other rules on this forum, ie: sales thread, buying etc.

This is NOT a place to have your entire collection graded! Follow the rules chunk!

Wow, I am sorry.

I meant to only post the two books from my collection. Then when I get to work I see I have an offer to buy two books. I almost made a comment when I posted all 4 books.

As for your uncertainty as to my following rules in other areas such as buying and selling; It sounds like you are calling me dishonest or fraudulent??

I don't remember calling you anything in my post!

I'm just saying, if someone can't follow the rules on this very simple thread, it makes me think that they may not follow the rules on the other threads. Simple logic chunk!

You have 14 of the 25 provided posts on page 1. Do you think that is fair to the other posters, or does that sound a bit like taking advantage of a provision to you?

I don't remember calling you anything in my post!

I'm just saying, if someone can't follow the rules on this very simple thread, it makes me think that they may not follow the rules on the other threads. Simple logic chunk!

You have 14 of the 25 provided posts on page 1. Do you think that is fair to the other posters, or does that sound a bit like taking advantage of a provision to you?

So what grade do you think this book is?

My partner bought issues 2, 5 and 7 for a decent price.

He may be able to sell the issue 2 to pay for them all.

The time was not right for me as I am looking to get pressed and slabbed a couple times in Chicago next month.