• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Tragedy: Pat Tillman has died.

40 posts in this topic

Former NFL star Pat Tillman, a man so affected by 9/11, that he gave up his multi-million dollar NFL contract to join the Army Rangers, has died in action in Afghanistan. The term "hero", while often overused, is certainly befitting this man.

893whatthe.gif...I was just thinking about this guy yesterday when I heard some politicians mentioning re-instating the draft so that the "well to-do" kids will also be part of our fighting forces....

Pat Tillman came to mind because he shot the draft argument all to heII since he proved that most of our enlisted men/women go into service not due to class stature but because of their patriotism....

Pat Tillman was a true patriot and I am deeply saddened that he and others have died in the war on terror but my sense of patriotism has only grown deeper because of young people such as Pat Tillman....

Pat Tillman was a true patriot and I am deeply saddened that he and others have died in the war on terror but my sense of patriotism has only grown deeper because of young people such as Pat Tillman....

I agree. Regardless of your political leanings, I think only the most cynical amongst us are unable to appreciate the depth of this man's sacrifice.

he proved that most of our enlisted men/women go into service not due to class stature but because of their patriotism....

Sorry, but I can't disagree more. That being said, I hope this thread doesn't turn into a anti-bush/anti-war/pro-war debate.

My prayers go out to the Tillman family.

he proved that most of our enlisted men/women go into service not due to class stature but because of their patriotism....

Sorry, but I can't disagree more.

And why is that?

Jim

And why is that?

Jim

FlamingCarrot,

Please don't reply to this. Let's keep this thread from going there.

Defensive back, 27, turned down $3.6 million Arizona Cardinals contract to join elite Army Rangers after Sept. 11 attacks

I think this says it all.

God bless him and I pray for his family.

I pray for the day when we have peace abroad and at home -- a peace won through the defeat of evil fanatics... not a peace attained through appeasement.

frown.gif

And why is that?

Jim

FlamingCarrot,

Please don't reply to this. Let's keep this thread from going there.

It's not my intention to turn this into a flamefest if that's what you're implying....

FC's answer just doesn't jibe with what I've seen and experienced. The military is a whole lot different than the draft days when class was a major factor in who served and who didn't.

Jim