• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hotflips Website Down..

47 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Apparently something happened to our website while we were away in San Diego. It is being worked on as we speak and hopefully the problem will be fixed soon. Please (i cannot believe i am saying this) but please do not place any orders through the website at this time. If anything, either PM me here, or call our 800-922-3547 to place you orders. Thank you for your patience,

Jeff

Jeff do you guys accept Paypal through the website?

Um, right now we are accepting nothing through our website. It is in the process of being shut down. Any questions, let me know.

Might I suggest to have your web developer put a quick index.html page indicating the Website is down for maintenance/rehaul, etc.

The current problem (which I have some idea what it might be related to based on seeing this type of thing before) is pointing to an index.php file that is being flagged as an attack site.

If you don't have any anyone to turn to to get this fixed quickly, PM me and I'll help out.

I guess I was trying to approach it with less firehorn, but anyhow...

Jeff, the suggestion I made above is strictly intended to help remove the flag from showing up on Google searches.

You will still need to address the issues related to the site, but by assigning the default landing page to an html file, you remove the background problems connected to what's happening with the site, all php and include files, images folder and possibly your database.

As is, and on top of what Ares pasted above, when someone performs a Google search for you guys, Google has conveniently inserted a "this site may harm your computer" link which will take some time to disappear from Google's search results even if you make the change today.

Because it has hit Google's index already, it also leads me to believe this issue happened as far back as last week while you were in SD and possibly, has quietly been going on even longer.

Bottom line, this type of thing can be bad mojo when Google decides to flags sites even after you've diligently fixed the problem.

Like I said, if you need an extra hand or advice, you can PM me and I'll do what I can to help.

I guess I was trying to approach it with less firehorn, but anyhow...

Jeff, the suggestion I made above is strictly intended to help remove the flag from showing up on Google searches.

You will still need to address the issues related to the site, but by assigning the default landing page to an html file, you remove the background problems connected to what's happening with the site, all php and include files, images folder and possibly your database.

As is, and on top of what Ares pasted above, when someone performs a Google search for you guys, Google has conveniently inserted a "this site may harm your computer" link which will take some time to disappear from Google's search results even if you make the change today.

Because it has hit Google's index already, it also leads me to believe this issue happened as far back as last week while you were in SD and possibly, has quietly been going on even longer.

Bottom line, this type of thing can be bad mojo when Google decides to flags sites even after you've diligently fixed the problem.

Like I said, if you need an extra hand or advice, you can PM me and I'll do what I can to help.

Thanks for your input. This is practically verbatim what my web guy told me. He doesnt know when it happened which is why we thought it best to take the site down. We are basically going to start from scratch. I appreciate your help and input.

What a day to start off. First day back from San Diego.