• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hotflips Website Down..

47 posts in this topic

I guess I was trying to approach it with less firehorn, but anyhow...

Jeff, the suggestion I made above is strictly intended to help remove the flag from showing up on Google searches.

You will still need to address the issues related to the site, but by assigning the default landing page to an html file, you remove the background problems connected to what's happening with the site, all php and include files, images folder and possibly your database.

As is, and on top of what Ares pasted above, when someone performs a Google search for you guys, Google has conveniently inserted a "this site may harm your computer" link which will take some time to disappear from Google's search results even if you make the change today.

Because it has hit Google's index already, it also leads me to believe this issue happened as far back as last week while you were in SD and possibly, has quietly been going on even longer.

Bottom line, this type of thing can be bad mojo when Google decides to flags sites even after you've diligently fixed the problem.

Like I said, if you need an extra hand or advice, you can PM me and I'll do what I can to help.

Thanks for your input. This is practically verbatim what my web guy told me. He doesnt know when it happened which is why we thought it best to take the site down. We are basically going to start from scratch. I appreciate your help and input.

What a day to start off. First day back from San Diego.

:sorry:

There were some things I omitted from mentioning openly, and I'm not sure if its any consolation, but this is a vulnerability which is being randomly exposed by hackers who have found ways to search for sites like yours with folder permission settings allowing them to wreck havoc.

Who is this new guy "Russ" answering the Hotflips number?

Where is that middle finger emoticon??

Just pack one in my next order.

Jeff do you guys accept Paypal through the website?

Um, right now we are accepting nothing through our website. It is in the process of being shut down. Any questions, let me know.

I meant when its working. :baiting: 50% off while the website is down sale coming? :shy:

Hi guys,

No, the website still has malacious software. I posted on the homepage to not place orders online. We are still fixing the problem. To place an order, call us at 800-922-FLIP (3547). Sorry for the inconvenience,

Jeff

The real question is what your booth number at Chicago will be.

You haven't spammed it enough for it to stick in my mind.

xoxo

greggy

Same booths we've been at for the past 10 years Mr. Molson Ice.
I haven't been there for a few years so educate me, pseudo Jersey Boy. :fear:

Jeff is a sexy sexy man especially in his SD shorts.

pics???

if I need comic supplies a sexy guy might swing my dollar bills his way..(if I needed supplies otherwise just fancy seeing a pic)

Im not from Jersey!! Im from Brooklyn!! Thats like me saying your maple syrup sucks in Canada!!

Booth 1426/1428 in Chicago. Thread coming soon!! lol

Jeff is a sexy sexy man especially in his SD shorts.

pics???

if I need comic supplies a sexy guy might swing my dollar bills his way..(if I needed supplies otherwise just fancy seeing a pic)

Stop it im getting all red now.

And Greggy, my shorts look the same in every city.

Im not from Jersey!! Im from Brooklyn!! Thats like me saying your maple syrup sucks in Canada!!

I know. I just know that it bothers you when people say that you are from Jersey. I know that Charles lives in Queens. Mook :baiting::fear:

I know. I just know that it bothers you when people say that you are from Jersey. I know that Charles lives in Queens. Mook :baiting::fear:

Could be worse, you couldve said im from Vancouver :shy: