• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winners and Losers in the ComicLink Focused Auction

78 posts in this topic

JIM #83 CGC 7.0 went for $9900. That's a solid price.

(thumbs u

Yeah, only $100 short of my goal, I can't complain.

Now I only have to save diligently for a high grade copy someday. You'll know I'm close to affording your 9.0 copy of JIM #83 if I start sending you flattering emails, Roy!

It will of course be long gone by then, unless you're in favor of my Journey Into Mystery College Fund idea lol

:wishluck:

Thanks but sadly, most of those arent worthy of being cheetah's undercopies! :blush:

Don't sell yourself short, Jason. You've been coming along like gangbusters, and to be fair, Cheetah apparently started building his Avengers set before you were born.

Not before I was born, unfortunately (I'm 41).

It's not where you start, it's where you finish that counts :blahblah:

Michael

Thanks but sadly, most of those arent worthy of being cheetah's undercopies! :blush:

Don't sell yourself short, Jason. You've been coming along like gangbusters, and to be fair, Cheetah apparently started building his Avengers set before you were born.

Not before I was born, unfortunately (I'm 41).

It's not where you start, it's where you finish that counts :blahblah:

Michael

Yeah, unfortunately me either, i turned 39 a few months ago :(

Hey, i'll never have the top registry set but i dont care. As big an Avengers fan as i am, i'm glad that theres someone like cheetah who's as big an Avengers fan(with a much bigger wallet!) as me who's put together an Avengers set like his. To me, its cool as hell that someone loves them enough to put together that HG of a run. I spend almost as much time looking at his Avengers gallery as i do looking at my own Avengers!

It'll never match those top guys sets but if i can just finish it in the next 3 years or so in 9.2+, i'll be happier than a pig in mess! :cloud9:

Agree with everything you said here Michael. About Jason and Cheetah. (thumbs u My first notice of Jason (Sufunk) was the auction when we both got our AF 15's although his is just a tad nicer than mine lol

Agree with everything you said here Michael. About Jason and Cheetah. (thumbs u My first notice of Jason (Sufunk) was the auction when we both got our AF 15's although his is just a tad nicer than mine lol

Thanks!

I'm still kicking myself for missing the AF15 4.0 you won over me!

I spent like 3 hours that day staring at the scan and GPA and worked out my max bid. The book was sitting fairly low so like a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person I thought I could get away with lowering my max bid. I put in my bid for $400 less than I planned and you got that sweet 4.0.

I'm gonna be kicking myself over that auction for like the next 20 years! lol

Unless you win an auction for a better copy of AF 15, of course.

How about that 8.0 copy coming up at Heritage? lol

One can dream of owning a copy that nice...and Roy finally sold his 7.0 copy of AF 15 at SDCC, so I'm not able to moon over that copy on eBay any longer.

My only win....not exactly investment grade, but it'll probably end up in a mylar. It has a cool sequence where Ben vomits on the roof of the Baxter Building after taking a test ride in a new Wakanda Quinjet. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

FF52.jpg

Speaking of Avengers 1st appearances, I expect the 9.4 copy of Tales of Suspense #57 (1st Hawkeye) will be hotly contested tomorrow. You TOS collectors take no prisoners! That 8.0 copy of TOS #52 (1st Black Widow) is pretty cool, too.

Thanks!

I'm still kicking myself for missing the AF15 4.0 you won over me!

I spent like 3 hours that day staring at the scan and GPA and worked out my max bid. The book was sitting fairly low so like a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person I thought I could get away with lowering my max bid. I put in my bid for $400 less than I planned and you got that sweet 4.0.

I'm gonna be kicking myself over that auction for like the next 20 years! lol

And I was the underbidder on your ASM 5 8.5!

We owe eachother a beer... actually I might owe you two... :foryou:

I bid on four books. Didn't win any of them. Then again, I wasn't exactly bidding furiously for them either as they were not hi-pri on my list of must-haves.

Won a low-ball bid on a whim, a companion book to my PPSSM #23 (2 early MK appearances) , and the 2nd half of my grail, for which I probably overpaid, but c'est la vie. ;)

On a personal note, I suspect the #33 belonged to DarknessWeavess. His Spotlight #28 & #29, along with his WBN #32 9.6 and WBN #33 9.8 vanished from his registry yesterday. :( Sorta makes me sad if Moon Knight is losing one of his strongest supporters. Also, albeit less so, because I've been chasing him in the registry for some time; to attain his level like that is hollow. :sorry:

RAD2BB052011711_2030.jpg

RADCDC4E2011621_101415.jpg

RADF74FC2011712_131458.jpg

Do orders paid for with an MO get a 3% discount off of the total or is this fee just waived if paying by an MO (rather than a credit card)?

Here's what C-link's checkout page says:

Note: The applicable buyer's premium for this sale is an amount equal to 3% of the buy price. Buyers paying by check, money order or bank wire will be given a 3% discount.

I've always paid via MO, and was wondering if I was missing out on a discount - the total doesn't go down when I select MO as payment though. Also, does paying with a credit card get you your books faster? It takes at least 2.5 weeks for me to get my books.

I won the 8.5 TOS #55, which has been a nemesis book for me so I am excited to finally have a nice one. I also got a half dozen later ASMs for what I thought were good prices and some other assorted cheapies.