• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winners and Losers in the ComicLink Focused Auction

78 posts in this topic

I was mainly after some of the nice pre-hero stuff but pricing=ouch :o

But I did manage to snag one and some other bits I've been hunting... Enjoy

Sweet book indeed. I wonder how they grab those tiny folks running away - CRUSH CRUSH!!

RAD2C5D8201176_15271.jpg

A nice upgrade from my 6.5

RAD7118E2011617_134019.jpg

Tribute to one of my fav movies of all time (cue scene with Farrah)

RADDB610201178_153937.jpg

Can this cover get any more Kirby!!

RADD08BD201178_13489.jpg

Beta Ray Bill is the new Black!

RADD4DBC2011524_173854.jpg

For the price this oddball was to hard to resist

RAD14E1E2011713_191558.jpg

Last but best... my hunt is now over for my babe Linda Carter in high grade :banana:

RAD56FE12011711_135543.jpg

I pretty much blew my wad with all the Avengers on the 1st night so i had to watch almost all of the BA 1st issues go by the wayside. I did get these 3 fairly cheap though. Not exactly key books but ones i think are cool and you dont see everyday.

marveladventures1.jpg

marvelsuperaction1.jpg

wmd1.jpg

Two that i got for my sons growing collection. He basically just looks thru the auctions with me and points out covers he thinks are "cool". If they are reasonable, i try to get them for him.

tta94.jpg

thor154.jpg

And last, one for my daughter. She is as anti comic book as you can imagine and calls my son and I "losers" or "comic book nerds" anytime we talk about them. She loves the Smurfs though and when i showed her this, she begged me to win this one for her so she can hang it on her wall like my son does with his. I'll make a comic book nerd out of her yet! :sumo:

smurfs1.jpg

Last but best... my hunt is now over for my babe Linda Carter in high grade :banana:

DAMN!!!!

I was psyched as all hell to get my 9.0 Night Nurse a few months ago. That 9.8 is INSANE!!! (worship)

Congrats! :applause:

DAMN!!!!

I was psyched as all hell to get my 9.0 Night Nurse a few months ago. That 9.8 is INSANE!!! (worship)

Congrats! :applause:

Thanks... I was so anxious as the clock ticked down on this one knowing what this same book sold for just 2 yrs ago. I feel I ended up with a lucky steal here. Just not enough peeps lovin the nurses yet I guess :cloud9:

BTW: Love what you are doing with your children... "pick what you like" - "ok you want the AF15 7.5" sure!! Dhoo! lol

But seriously... I read that and it made me go Awwww (but in a manly way) (thumbs u

And last, one for my daughter. She is as anti comic book as you can imagine and calls my son and I "losers" or "comic book nerds" anytime we talk about them. She loves the Smurfs though and when i showed her this, she begged me to win this one for her so she can hang it on her wall like my son does with his. I'll make a comic book nerd out of her yet! :sumo:

smurfs1.jpg

Awwwww!!! That's adorable, Jason. Now, if only you can get them both hooked on the Avengers somehow... hm

Then they really will be family heirloom material...

Peter, you stole that GSX #1. Congratulations! I wish I had gotten mine at that price.

yeah, great price on that one. Now if only I could be so lucky on a Hulk #181, X-Men #94 and Green Lantern #76 in 9.8

Here is a loser. I sold this book for $1100 in a CLink auction in 2009. Here it is, in a different holder likely do to some perceived upgrade potential, selling for less than half of what I got for it ($452).

:eek:

RAD84AED2011620_125357.jpg

Here is a loser. I sold this book for $1100 in a CLink auction in 2009. Here it is, in a different holder likely do to some perceived upgrade potential, selling for less than half of what I got for it ($452).

:eek:

Ouch! Looks like you sold it at the right time.

That book has to be one of the most common FF's out there. Every dealer has at least one and most have multiple copies. Is it a warehouse book?