• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winners and Losers in the ComicLink Focused Auction

78 posts in this topic

Here is a loser. I sold this book for $1100 in a CLink auction in 2009. Here it is, in a different holder likely do to some perceived upgrade potential, selling for less than half of what I got for it ($452).

:eek:

Ouch! Looks like you sold it at the right time.

That book has to be one of the most common FF's out there. Every dealer has at least one and most have multiple copies. Is it a warehouse book?

There was only one 9.8 at the time, so that probably explains the original result. As for being a warehouse book, aren't all Marvels from that period warehouse books? lol They all seem so common.

I guess that's all the winners from the boards. I assumed a larger percentage of the books sold on CL were purchased by boardies. Is someone holding out? :)

The boards are a very small slice of the collecting pie.

(thumbs u

This Clink thread was really underattended compared to last ones. Not sure why. I can't imagine that this auction was passed over by boardies. I didn't hit it as hard as I did June, but I still managed to overspend quite nicely.

This Clink thread was really underattended compared to last ones. Not sure why. I can't imagine that this auction was passed over by boardies. I didn't hit it as hard as I did June, but I still managed to overspend quite nicely.

It may not have been. A lot of boardies just don't choose to post their wins in these threads :whistle:

It may not have been. A lot of boardies just don't choose to post their wins in these threads :whistle:

True, but then why were previous threads of this sort seemingly so much more popular?

Where is everyone else, then?!? Surely they don't have better things to do!

San Diego was heavily visited by boardies and dealers and seeing that it's one of the most tiring events of the year, people could just be taking a break.

I did notice that the boards have been slowing down over the past few months though. might have something to do with summer vacation or just the fact that people are putting their time into other things...like seeing sunlight.

True, but then why were previous threads of this sort seemingly so much more popular?

Because George started them and would keep them going? (shrug) Even in those threads there were plenty of books purchased by boardies that were not posted. But maybe there were proportionately fewer books bought in this auction by boardies for whatever reason, perhaps saving money for all of the other auctions running right now. I know that's why I didn't go after anything in this auction too hard.

BTW, did anyone see that X-Men 2 in 9.2 sell for close to $6K :o That's more than some 9.4s have sold for. It was a really nice 9.2 though :cloud9:

i didn't bother to post because i bid on only two books and won zippo- plus i miss Jive :cry:

Prices were way too high in this auction; even for me. Here is one example, as I collect a lot of silver age and bronze age comics. Dead of Night #1 in 9.2 went for over $100! I bought this a few months back in 9.6 for $90 in a similar Comic Link auction.

I won't even comment on prices for somewhat common bronze age #1 issues that can be bought for less on other websites; which had NO pedigree status, unless you consider #1 registry set notations a pedigree...

It was simply an amazing auction for Comic Link...