• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul Chadwick's Concrete - Lot of 16 books (some signed) $65 shipped

14 posts in this topic

Oversized HC & trade paperbacks, as well as comic series featuring Dark Horse Comic's Concrete.

Several were signed by the artist when I schlepped down to a comic book convention in 1997: The limited series "Killer Smile." The short story collection is signed and numbered by Chadwick.

Any Concrete fans out there? I'd like to sell the books as a lot (no duplicates) I'd part them out if someone needs just a particular book. 16 books total, $80 shipped. :news: Price reduced: $65 shipped.

Hello!

Welcome to the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling" board!

The moderators have asked everyone around here to help educate new comers about the posting rules for this forum so that we can keep things running smoothly. So whenever we see a new thread go up that's missing some of the information required by the rules, someone will generally happen along and post this reminder (by moderator request).

You can find the posting guidelines here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472&page=1#Post1460472

Specifically, you should check out #6, 7, 8, and 9.

They are well worth reading, because your posts can be removed from the boards if they don't conform to the guidelines. This will help you to attract more buyers as well, since this is how people expect to have books offered around here.

Thanks, and glad to have you here!

Point taken. I've read the rules, and will be posting pictures shortly, along with estimated grades and conditions. Next time, I'll get the photos done first...

TBD collecting the 1st ten issues is a bit worn on the spine and creased on the bottom right corner. A well read copy. The 1990 Limited HC Complete Short Stories is in very fine condition, with a small tear on the back dust jacket. Signed by the artist, 1383 of 2000:

IMG_0564.jpg

condition of the TPB issues is about 9.2:

IMG_0567.jpg

The Killer Smile limited series issues 1-4 are in better condition, 9.4 to 9.8, signed by Paul Chadwick in 1997:

IMG_0565.jpg

For some reason the 1990 Earth Day special issue is very beat up. The copy of Dark Horse Presents #100 was bought around the same time, and it's in VF/NM or better condition. My theory is that I had the Earth Day issue out of the long box on a coffee table or something...

IMG_0568.jpg

Concrete TBP "Strange Armor," brand new copy (I was feeling nostalgic).

IMG_0566.jpg

Yeah, it's hundreds and hundreds of pages of material. He mentions in one of the book's forwards that he was heavily influenced by Jack Kirby, and I could see that in Chadwick's art. Very dynamic stuff, inventive.